Thread: Burger King Worker Poisons Teens Drive-Thru Order

Burger King Worker Poisons Teens Drive-Thru Order

BLOOMFIELD, N.M. A 25-year-old worker at a Burger King restaurant here was arrested at her home Wednesday on allegations that she put sink sanitizer in the food order of three teenagers.
    Marisa Howard faces charges of aggravated battery and child abuse. Police Chief Drew Standley said the child abuse charges were filed because two of the teens were under 18.
    Police accuse Howard of poisoning the three teens Justin Harcrow, 18; Brady Gillen, 17; and Moriah Gallion, 17 after getting into a verbal argument with them at the drive-up window Tuesday.
    Police said the teens noticed their food tasted odd so they sought medical treatment at San Juan Regional Medical Center following the incident and were later released.
    Standley said he has never encountered such a case in his law enforcement career.
    "I think we're all pretty dependent on people in the food service industry to provide us with a quality meal, and we put our faith and our trust in people to do that," he said. more at link
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,290042,00.html

That's so scarey. All the more reason to eat at home I guess (unless the food you prepare was brought in from China). I'm glad the teens were smart enough to go to the hospital before any permanent damage could be done.

OMG! I have to start being nicer at the drive through window

When I was a teen I worked at the mall in the food court. There was ALOT of that kind of stuff going on. I found out after taking a glass of lemonade that the teen boys were peeing in cups and dumping it inside the lemonade machines. When I went to drink some they slapped it out of my hand and said not to drink it when I asked why they finally told me. There was alooooooot more disgusting things that went on. (alot of spitting in the customers food while they had their back turned to the customer preparing their meals) Of course this was years ago so maybe teens today have more morals!

UGH, I doubt that teens have changed much!

Quote Originally Posted by C.Whalen View Post
    OMG! I have to start being nicer at the drive through window
    Never, never, never pick a fight with someone who will handle your food.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Pick a fight AFTER you get your food.

Los Angeles, CA - I'm officially a "Valley Girl"
    This is kind of OT, but I was behind someone a few years ago at a pizza/fast food/counter restaurant and the customer was a drunk, beligerent teen. He was mouthing off to the person taking his order because she wouldn't serve him alcohol because he was underage. He called her a really bad name. REALLY BAD and coupled it with an ethnic slur. I just know his food got spit in, maybe worse.

Heh! Anyone ever see the movie "Road Trip"? Ever seen what happened to the guy's french toast? Talk about freaking nasty....

Quote Originally Posted by gman20001969 View Post
    Heh! Anyone ever see the movie "Road Trip"? Ever seen what happened to the guy's french toast? Talk about freaking nasty....

Love that movie!

True

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    Nova, true that is. We say it a little different up here as in "Don't **#@ with your food handlers". Poor impulse control on the BK chick.

I can hardly believe that none of her coworkers saw her poison the food.

Oh my goodness I think I'm gonna start passing on the fast food.

Has anyone ever seen "Busted on the Job?" OMG sick sick sick people, especially the one scr*wing the dog pinata....I don't know, at least he wasn't scr*wing w/ someones food order!!!!!!!!