Pregnant woman who shot herself dies; her baby is in stable condition

wildTrose

Reaction score
And she had three other kids!
http://www.nwfdailynews.com/article/7205
Snippet:
FORT WALTON BEACH — The baby of a distraught pregnant woman who shot herself in a hospital parking lot was in stable condition Thursday night.

The woman, 26-year-old Amanda Marie Sterling, shot herself at about 7 a.m. while parked near Fort Walton Beach Medical Center’s Emergency Room entrance.

She died at about 1:30 p.m. An autopsy is planned for Friday.

The baby, a boy, was delivered at Fort Walton Beach Medical Center, and then was transferred to Sacred Heart Hospital in Pensacola.

EDITED BY ADMIN DUE TO COPYRIGHT INFRINGMENT. SEE LINK FOR ENTIRE ARTICLE.

If you will read the comments at the bottom of the page it tells a bit more about why she did it.
Snip:
Dcf had taken her three children away the day before...in the note she said to tell them she loved them and they were better off without her.

Wow you know sometimes I wonder if it takes a very brave person to kill theirself..or a very cowardly person?! I havent made up my mind yet on which I think it is. Poor kids..poor baby..probably would of been better off if he wouldnt of survived. I know that sounds horrible but who knows what his life will be like now and who is going to take care of him etc etc... :mad:

Wow you know sometimes I wonder if it takes a very brave person to kill theirself..or a very cowardly person?! I havent made up my mind yet on which I think it is. Poor kids..poor baby..probably would of been better off if he wouldnt of survived. I know that sounds horrible but who knows what his life will be like now and who is going to take care of him etc etc... :mad:

It takes a mentally ill person to do so.
I always thin not so strong..
As its easier to avoid your demons then face them.

This happened where I live. I never read the local newspaper, but a co-worker mentioned it to me. Very sad. I hope the baby will find a good adoptive family.

It close to me as well...the two middle kids are with their father, the oldest is with his grandfather, and noone has decided who or if anyone will take the baby.The father is unknown i think it said.
It sounds to me as if she was having an extrememly difficult time in life and then when her kids were taken that was kinda the straw that broke the camels back so to speak. with her kids gone she probably felt she had no other reason to go on, I would think the dcf would have taken the baby after it was born as well.
sometime life seems to hard to continue, some people just cant wait to see if tomorrow is any better, they want the pain to go away now.

I wonder why she called someone to pick her up if she was just going to kill herself? And they also said the window was busted out, I wonder if there is more to this than we know. So sad for her and her babies.

His life is worth living, no matter what, IMO.:)

And she had three other kids!
http://www.nwfdailynews.com/article/7205
Snippet:
FORT WALTON BEACH — The baby of a distraught pregnant woman who shot herself in a hospital parking lot was in stable condition Thursday night.

The woman, 26-year-old Amanda Marie Sterling, shot herself at about 7 a.m. while parked near Fort Walton Beach Medical Center’s Emergency Room entrance.

She died at about 1:30 p.m. An autopsy is planned for Friday.

The baby, a boy, was delivered at Fort Walton Beach Medical Center, and then was transferred to Sacred Heart Hospital in Pensacola.

EDITED BY ADMIN DUE TO COPYRIGHT INFRINGMENT. SEE LINK FOR ENTIRE ARTICLE.

I wonder why the autopsy? they know she died from a self inflicted gunshot wound, what more is there and why?

i wonder if it would be to see if she had drugs in her system or any other defect that might have contributed to the suicide. they did one on melinda duckett

What an incredibly sad story. For all the kid's and the Mom.

sad story.
the question about strength and whether it is a strong person or weak person, i think was answered best by whoever said they were mentally ill. that's the only answer.
take away someones only reason for living, or put them in a circumstance that they find unliveable, and they will do this.
the obvious easy answer would be, clean up your life, get a stable routine going and fight for your kids, but sometimes, not always, but sometimes, people stack the deck against you so bad you know you will never win. and thus, exit.

to me it points out a huge hole in our care system, if you break up a family with the courts, then by god, the courts ought to be taking steps to get them togeteher again. It seems to me that they dont.

i will pray for her soul, and her children, that's all i can do. (besides vote for better senators)

~lightwaveryder~

When children are taken from a family, there is usually good reason. I wouldn't want to see many of the abused children we hear about on this forum returned to the family. It has to be a case by case decision.

I pray for her children that they will go on to have good lives.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back