WI WI - Laurie Depies, 20, Menasha, 19 Aug 1992

Thanks, RPPaolin. It certainly is within the "vicinity" too. I will look further into that one. Great job!

I can't believe all the cases in the state and no one seems to feel they are connected in any way. If you can find any additional information on this girl...let's find a connection.

I watched two shows today on serial killers (ie. BTK and the Greenriver killer) and it was amazing to see how they went about putting those cases together. It was interesting to note also how mistaken they were in their profiling, too. Granted, it was relatively new when the cases began...but the FBI had to learn as they went along and found that profiling a serial killer was never an exact science. They still are just educated guesses.

Look how long it took to name and to put both of those killers away. Two and three decades!

I don't know they are hiding anything in WI, but they obviously don't have much to go on to put two and two together. Very scary scenario.

Larry DeWayne Hall was a suspect on Depies.
Not sure whatever happened with that.

Even with Jeffrey Dahmer when one of his victims got loose Wi LE let Jeffrey have him back.....we all know how that victim ended up. Jeffrey Dahmer was the worst of the worst.

http://postcrescent.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070817/APC0101/70817140

There are a couple of suspects in this case. I hope for the families sake that this can come to some closure. I have met Marc, her boyfriend at the time, a few years back and he really expressed how painful this all was for him and at the time didnt think he could move on. I am glad that he has been able to move on even though there are still a lot of unanswered questions.

Bless her families heart! It just don't
get any easier!!!

http://postcrescent.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070817/APC0101/70817140

There are a couple of suspects in this case. I hope for the families sake that this can come to some closure. I have met Marc, her boyfriend at the time, a few years back and he really expressed how painful this all was for him and at the time didnt think he could move on. I am glad that he has been able to move on even though there are still a lot of unanswered questions.

After reading all of this I remember reading about this in the newspaper.

The guy who lives in Ca sounds like the one who needs really looked into. I'd think they could bring him to Wi & charge him with her murder on probable cause??? Maybe they can't use that anymore????

It has just been so long! I have a feeling about that CA guy too. I wonder if they have any tabs on him and what he is up to these days.

After reading all of this I remember reading about this in the newspaper.

The guy who lives in Ca sounds like the one who needs really looked into. I'd think they could bring him to Wi & charge him with her murder on probable cause??? Maybe they can't use that anymore????

Hi cheko!!

I'm guessing they don't have probable cause. If they did, they could charge him and bring him back. But acting "crazy" and a drawing of a woman, plus asking her out that day is not enough to charge him. First, LE can't even prove that she is dead yet - they'd have to show that before anything else - that's why cases with no body are so hard.

I would guess that if they found a body, or found a weapon, LE would be ON this guy. It's so suspicious that his car went for scrap a few weeks after her disappearance.

The WI good ole boys club...but TMJ4 (NBC MIlwaukee) did a missing person a week about a year ago and she was included. I do know there is a WI TV News producer hanging around here lately.

The WI good ole boys club...but TMJ4 (NBC MIlwaukee) did a missing person a week about a year ago and she was included. I do know there is a WI TV News producer hanging around here lately.

Aug 19 was the 15th anniversary of Laura's disappearance, so maybe the producer is working on a story about her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back