1180 users online (254 members and 926 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

TX - Melissa Flores, 17, shot to death, Houston, 14 July 2007

The Police News - Help identify this body

Alert #: 10177
    Unknown Deceased - Identification Needed

Location:73301, 73344, 75201, 75501, 75845, 75851, 75852, 75856, 75862, 75865, ...

General Information White or Hispanic
    Female
    Date of Birth: Unknown
    Age Estimate: 15-25
    Height: 157 cm (5'1")
    Weight: 100 lbs (45 kg)
    Hair: Black Eyes: Brown Incident The listed deceased subject remains unidentified.

Details:
    Deceased victim was found 07-14-2007 at an apartment complex in Houston, Texas. She was wearing a snap front hooded pink short sleeve shirt with drawings of monkeys on it, blue athletic shorts, and clear plastic sandals. Carrying a blue duffle bag containing clothing and toiletries. She has braces on her teeth.
    Date Entered Date Last Updated7/20/2007 7:24:20 PM7/20/2007 7:27:38 PM

Her TXMPCH information:

Case Number: U0707008
    Agency: Harris County Medical Examiner
    Date Found: 7/14/2007
    Estimated Date of Death: 7/14/2007
    Cause of Death: Unknown
    Race: White/Hispanic
    Sex: Female
    Height: 5' 02" - 5' 04"
    Weight: 100 lbs. - 105 lbs.
    Eye Color: Brown
    Hair Color: Black
    State Found: Texas
    Country Found: USA
    Clothing: Snap front hooded pink short sleeve shirt with drawings of monkeys on it, blue athletic shorts, and clear plastic sandals. Carrying a blue duffle bag containing clothing and toiletries.
    Miscellaneous: Has braces on her teeth. Deceased was found at Court Glen Place Apartments in Houston, Texas.
    Anyone with information regarding her identity should contact the Texas Department of Public Safety at (512)-424-2812 or 1-(800)-346-3243.

Source:
    http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/Un...sp?id=U0707008 (warning *** Contains Graphic Image)
    Last edited by Cubby; 01-05-2011 at 09:52 AM.

Aparently, she had been shot:

"Police are investigating the fatal shooting of a woman in a southwest Houston apartment complex early Saturday. The body was found, with gunshot wounds in the head and legs, around 6:30 a.m. at the Court Glen Apartments in the 9700 block of Court Glen, authorities said.
    The woman, who was carrying a clothing bag but had no identification, will be identified by the Harris County Medical Examiner. Witnesses told police they heard several shots, looked out their windows and saw the woman lying in a common area of the complex, authorities said.
    She is Hispanic and is believed to be in her late teens or early 20s.
    Anyone with information on her identity or her possible assailant is urged to contact the HPD Homicide Division at 713-308-3600 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/4968787.html

if(MCP_PLUCK) { document.write('
    <span class="whiteTitle"">COMMENTS</span>

Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site' + "'" + 's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the Houston Chronicle.
    <div style="padding-left:10px;padding-right:10px;padding-bottom:10px;padding-top:0px;">'); gSiteLife.CommentsInput("ExternalResource",PluckIt emID, "#");gSiteLife.CommentsOutput("ExternalResource",P luckItemID, true, 10, "TimeStampDescending"); }

Possibly a 19 yr old mother not identified-still in morgue

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4984968.html

This is so sad. Another young woman shot to death.
    When will it ever stop??

sloane is offline "To those who are granted much, much is expected."
    I saw this first post on the TX MPCH UID page...one day it was the morgue photo, the next it had been "photoshopped" to picture her more life-like with her eyes open (a possibility as to what her eyes may have looked like). Whoever did it did a good job, I thought. If in fact, the eyes were correct, SOMEONE ought to recognize her. But I wonder just how much of the general public knows to look at websites like that?

Today I tried to pull t up again and it had been removed...did she get Id'd?
    Of all sad words of mouth and pen, the saddest are these: It might have been.

TX - Melissa Flores, 17, Houston, 14 July 2007

This story never got much media attention when she went missing. I found a thread on a 27-year old Melissa Sue Flores, but this is a different person ... a girl with a sad story.

Homicide investigators track ID of homeless girl found dead

HOUSTON -- The girl was small, about 5-foot-3 and weighing just about 100 pounds. Her hair was long and lustrous. Her eyes were dark and almond-shaped.

She wore blue shorts, a pink-hooded T-shirt adorned with pictures of monkeys, and clear plastic sandals. Black-and-green plastic bracelets were coiled around her thin wrists.

But aside from these things, there was little to identify the girl on the steel examining table of the Harris County morgue.

She had been found in the courtyard of an apartment complex, bullets in her head, torso and leg. No ID was found on her body. Her sparse belongings revealed mainly that she had likely been living on the streets: A blue gym bag containing toiletries and clothes, but also a black-and-silver Samsung cell phone, which detectives would search for clues.

More: http://www.kristv.com/global/story.asp?s=7211061

This story is so sad and gripping.
    Last edited by PrayersForMaura; 10-14-2007 at 05:00 PM.
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

This one has me in tears. The last line about "no headstone bears her name" is killing me. I know they are expensive, but you'd think some kind soul at one of those headstone places would just make her a plain one at least. If I had the money I'd give her a beautiful one.

Man, you'll need the tissues with this one. I'm glad they found the killers and hope they are put away forever or given the DS.

Thanks for sharing.

Al_B is offline Sometimes you just have to wonder why people are so ill-mannered
    this is just so sad for so many reasons. I hope she is feeling loved now in heaven
    Prom 2008

Truthful Lies is offline "Life shrinks and expands in proportion to one's courage" ~ Anaïs Nin
    What a sad, sad story. I can't even imagine....
    Where is Jennifer Kesse? www.findjenniferkesse.com

Al_B is offline Sometimes you just have to wonder why people are so ill-mannered
    HOUSTON -- A headstone may soon mark the burial site of a slain Houston teenager—thanks to an outpouring of donations from people who read an Associated Press story about Melissa Flores, who was unidentified for more than a week.
    http://www.khou.com/news/local/stori...178af19f9.html
    Prom 2008

this is great news Al. Thanks for posting the link!
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

Truthful Lies is offline "Life shrinks and expands in proportion to one's courage" ~ Anaïs Nin
    Great News!!! Let us know if you find anything else...if they need more.

Quote Originally Posted by Truthful Lies View Post
    Great News!!! Let us know if you find anything else...if they need more.
    Thanks for the great news!And yes please let us know if they need more help.
    Carolyn Pruyser missing since May 17,1984 please read her about her case Here

One man walked into Olguin’s office with a $600 check to help buy a headstone. Other people have called from Oregon, Mississippi, Florida and all parts of Texas—all wanting to donate money for a headstone.
    Another caller is hoping to set up a small savings account for Melissa’s 15-year-old sister, who is also in foster care, Olguin said.
    from article above
    Prom 2008

Thanks for the update =)

On July 23, a runaway report from neighboring Fort Bend County ended the wait.
    The dental records matched. Finally, the victim had a name.
    She was Melissa Flores, a high school student who had just turned 17.

Full article at link:

http://www.klewtv.com/news/national/10536197.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast