GUILTY TX - Melissa Flores, 17, shot to death, Houston, 14 July 2007

Earthbound Misfit I

Justice for Kimberly Shawn Cheatham
Reaction score
The Police News - Help identify this body

Alert #: 10177
Unknown Deceased - Identification Needed

Location:73301, 73344, 75201, 75501, 75845, 75851, 75852, 75856, 75862, 75865, ...

General Information White or Hispanic
Female
Date of Birth: Unknown
Age Estimate: 15-25
Height: 157 cm (5'1")
Weight: 100 lbs (45 kg)
Hair: Black Eyes: Brown Incident The listed deceased subject remains unidentified.

Details:
Deceased victim was found 07-14-2007 at an apartment complex in Houston, Texas. She was wearing a snap front hooded pink short sleeve shirt with drawings of monkeys on it, blue athletic shorts, and clear plastic sandals. Carrying a blue duffle bag containing clothing and toiletries. She has braces on her teeth.
Date Entered Date Last Updated7/20/2007 7:24:20 PM7/20/2007 7:27:38 PM

Her TXMPCH information:

Case Number: U0707008
Agency: Harris County Medical Examiner
Date Found: 7/14/2007
Estimated Date of Death: 7/14/2007
Cause of Death: Unknown
Race: White/Hispanic
Sex: Female
Height: 5' 02" - 5' 04"
Weight: 100 lbs. - 105 lbs.
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Black
State Found: Texas
Country Found: USA
Clothing: Snap front hooded pink short sleeve shirt with drawings of monkeys on it, blue athletic shorts, and clear plastic sandals. Carrying a blue duffle bag containing clothing and toiletries.
Miscellaneous: Has braces on her teeth. Deceased was found at Court Glen Place Apartments in Houston, Texas.
Anyone with information regarding her identity should contact the Texas Department of Public Safety at (512)-424-2812 or 1-(800)-346-3243.

Source:
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/UnidentifiedDetails.asp?id=U0707008 (warning *** Contains Graphic Image)

Aparently, she had been shot:

"Police are investigating the fatal shooting of a woman in a southwest Houston apartment complex early Saturday. The body was found, with gunshot wounds in the head and legs, around 6:30 a.m. at the Court Glen Apartments in the 9700 block of Court Glen, authorities said.
The woman, who was carrying a clothing bag but had no identification, will be identified by the Harris County Medical Examiner. Witnesses told police they heard several shots, looked out their windows and saw the woman lying in a common area of the complex, authorities said.
She is Hispanic and is believed to be in her late teens or early 20s.
Anyone with information on her identity or her possible assailant is urged to contact the HPD Homicide Division at 713-308-3600 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/4968787.html

if(MCP_PLUCK) { document.write('
<span class="whiteTitle"">COMMENTS</span>

Readers are solely responsible for the content of the comments they post here. Comments are subject to the site' + "'" + 's terms and conditions of use and do not necessarily reflect the opinion or approval of the Houston Chronicle.
<div style="padding-left:10px;padding-right:10px;padding-bottom:10px;padding-top:0px;">'); gSiteLife.CommentsInput("ExternalResource",PluckItemID, "#");gSiteLife.CommentsOutput("ExternalResource",PluckItemID, true, 10, "TimeStampDescending"); }

I saw this first post on the TX MPCH UID page...one day it was the morgue photo, the next it had been "photoshopped" to picture her more life-like with her eyes open (a possibility as to what her eyes may have looked like). Whoever did it did a good job, I thought. If in fact, the eyes were correct, SOMEONE ought to recognize her. But I wonder just how much of the general public knows to look at websites like that?

Today I tried to pull t up again and it had been removed...did she get Id'd?

This story never got much media attention when she went missing. I found a thread on a 27-year old Melissa Sue Flores, but this is a different person ... a girl with a sad story.

Homicide investigators track ID of homeless girl found dead

HOUSTON -- The girl was small, about 5-foot-3 and weighing just about 100 pounds. Her hair was long and lustrous. Her eyes were dark and almond-shaped.

She wore blue shorts, a pink-hooded T-shirt adorned with pictures of monkeys, and clear plastic sandals. Black-and-green plastic bracelets were coiled around her thin wrists.

But aside from these things, there was little to identify the girl on the steel examining table of the Harris County morgue.

She had been found in the courtyard of an apartment complex, bullets in her head, torso and leg. No ID was found on her body. Her sparse belongings revealed mainly that she had likely been living on the streets: A blue gym bag containing toiletries and clothes, but also a black-and-silver Samsung cell phone, which detectives would search for clues.

More: http://www.kristv.com/global/story.asp?s=7211061

This story is so sad and gripping. :(

This one has me in tears. The last line about "no headstone bears her name" is killing me. I know they are expensive, but you'd think some kind soul at one of those headstone places would just make her a plain one at least. If I had the money I'd give her a beautiful one.

Man, you'll need the tissues with this one. I'm glad they found the killers and hope they are put away forever or given the DS.

:( Thanks for sharing.

this is just so sad for so many reasons. I hope she is feeling loved now in heaven

Great News!!! Let us know if you find anything else...if they need more.

One man walked into Olguin&#8217;s office with a $600 check to help buy a headstone. Other people have called from Oregon, Mississippi, Florida and all parts of Texas&#8212;all wanting to donate money for a headstone.
Another caller is hoping to set up a small savings account for Melissa&#8217;s 15-year-old sister, who is also in foster care, Olguin said.
from article above

On July 23, a runaway report from neighboring Fort Bend County ended the wait.
The dental records matched. Finally, the victim had a name.
She was Melissa Flores, a high school student who had just turned 17.

Full article at link:

http://www.klewtv.com/news/national/10536197.html

From June 2009:

https://cases.justia.com/texas/fourteenth-court-of-appeals/14-08-00476-cr.pdf

On July 14, 2007, [Justin McTier] and another person, Brandon Butler, shot and killed the complainant, Melissa Flores. Appellant was indicted for murder and, after pleading &#8220;not guilty,&#8221; was tried before a jury...

The jury found appellant &#8220;guilty of murder, as charged in the indictment.&#8221; The jury sentenced appellant to life imprisonment and the trial court made an affirmative finding that a deadly weapon was used during commission of the offense.

Per Texas DOC records, Butler received a 40-year sentence for murder:

http://offender.tdcj.texas.gov/OffenderSearch/offenderDetail.action?sid=07999883

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back