GUILTY IL - Logan Bratton, 3, beaten to death, Bloomington, 4 April 2007

imthemom

Reaction score
PEORIA — A 3-year-old Bloomington boy likely died of multiple blunt-force injuries, including some to his head, Peoria County Coroner Johnna Ingersoll said Friday.

http://www.pantagraph.com/articles/2007/04/07/news/doc4616d12a5c96b409507878.txt

I tried to post before but I think I did it wrong. It seems there has been a child killed by abuse on a consistent basis in my area. The boys father said his family member told him that the boy had a chipped tooth and a foot print on his face and that is why he called the police but nothing was done and now he is dead:banghead:

I tried to post before but I think I did it wrong. It seems there has been a child killed by abuse on a consistent basis in my area. The boys father said his family member told him that the boy had a chipped tooth and a foot print on his face and that is why he called the police but nothing was done and now he is dead:banghead:

OMG I don't even know what to say!
May this little one rest in peace.

BLOOMINGTON -- A Bloomington man accused of murdering his girlfriend’s 3-year-old son in April made a brief court appearance Friday.

Joe Mendez, 32, faces three counts of first degree murder and aggravated battery to a child in the death of Logan Bratton. An autopsy revealed that the child died of severe head trauma.

http://www.pantagraph.com/articles/2007/06/02/news/doc46607c413b272424911265.txt

Logan’s grandmother, Connie Smith of Peoria, said Logan was cheerful but shy. Yet, he liked to pucker his lips and flash his eyes at little girls, she said.

Smith said Logan lived with her on and off for half his life, or “maybe a little more.” She said the boy enjoyed playing with SpongeBob SquarePants and Dragon Ball Z toys, eating chicken strips, playing basketball and watching cartoons.

Her grandson loved hugs and kisses and asked Smith to lift him, she said.

“‘Grandma, I wanna hold you,’ ” Smith quoted Logan as saying. “‘I just want to hold you.’”

http://www.pantagraph.com/articles/2007/04/06/news/doc461536fe1f529165261579.txt
This was part of another article, it just breaks my heart that last part, my two 1/2 year old says that to me all the time I wanna hold you. May this little angel rest in peace!

Why do people think they can just hurt and kill children. :furious:

It has to stop. :furious:

Why do people think they can just hurt and kill children. :furious:

It has to stop. :furious:

Amen, newmom. That poor, innocent little soul. I can't even get on to mine without feeling bad. There is no way I could hurt them like this intentionally. I can't understand. :(

The mothers in these cases should be charged too. There is generally a pattern of abuse with these cases. Your number one job as a mother is to make sure your child is safe. If you cannot do that, then you are also guilty of murder, especially in a case like this where the chances of abuse skyrocket once there is a step dad or boyfriend in the house.

I am so sick of hearing stories like this.

I agree with the comment about mothers being held accountable too. Especially in this case, I read comments from friends and family on another website...something like 'she didn't know, the boyfriend always had an excuse'. I'm sorry, but if my child kept getting injured, I'd get to the bottom of it, not accept excuse, after excuse, after excuse, after excuse.:mad: (The comments didn't reflect well on the family either, my jaw dropped several times.)

The mothers in these cases should be charged too. There is generally a pattern of abuse with these cases. Your number one job as a mother is to make sure your child is safe. If you cannot do that, then you are also guilty of murder, especially in a case like this where the chances of abuse skyrocket once there is a step dad or boyfriend in the house.

I am so sick of hearing stories like this.

I totally agree with this, when you choose to have a child, that child becomes your primary responsibility for the rest of your life. It really bugs me that some of these women feign ignorance and get away with it. How could you not notice that your baby is in pain?? I hope LE also investigates her involvement. Sadly, it seems to be happening more and more. Im also getting so sad and so angry to keep hearing about these poor children. May Logan rest in peace

This is happening more and more often. Most of the time there is a pattern of abuse that the mom ignores. We have had several cases like this recently out here in AZ, the most severe being the girl in my signature. Sad story that should have revamped the whole CPS system out here but it didn't.

In a recent case, a mother left her 17 year old boyfriend babysit her 4 or 5 kids, the youngest being only 1. He beat to death the 1 year old, and then high tailed it back to Mexico. He was in Mexico before LE knew about the crime therefore the border let him through. Mom says he had anger issues, yet she left her kids alone with him. She was never charged although she should have been.

Somebody stole a purse off this little boy's mother and some of his ashes were in there.

Haven't gotten up to what happened to Logan's murderer, but I saw this and thought "You have to be kidding me?" I wonder if she ever got them back?

http://www.rrstar.com/homepage/x2128355649

Somebody stole a purse off this little boy's mother and some of his ashes were in there.

Haven't gotten up to what happened to Logan's murderer, but I saw this and thought "You have to be kidding me?" I wonder if she ever got them back?

http://www.rrstar.com/homepage/x2128355649

I did hear about this when it happend. I never heard of she got them back but there was a lot of hateful responses to the article. I think why does she care so much now. She didn't care about him when she left him with her BF to be beat everyday while she was at work. You can't tell me she didn't know, her son had a foot print on the side of his face! That doesn't accidentally happen, IMO. I hope she feels terrible about the whole thing and can't sleep at night because she didn't protect her son.:furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back