SC - Brandon & Ragane Suggs after 2 & 5yo kids test positive for crack, Cayce, 2007

sherri79

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/usworld/news-article.aspx?storyid=87520
LEXINGTON COUNTY, SC -- A Lexington County couple has pleaded guilty to making their two small children use crack cocaine. On Wednesday a judge sentenced 24-year-old Brandon Suggs and 30-year-old Ragane Suggs to five years behind bars.

It all began February 10 when a manager at Piggly Wiggly on Charleston Highway in Cayce called police saying a couple carrying two small children had stolen some food. Officers arrived and found the family in their car parked in the store's lot.

"When we were taking them, the two-year-old, she was obviously, she was crying," recalled Detective Danielle Belk of the Cayce Police Department. "The five-year-old, he was just really into his sister's feelings. He kept telling me, please make sure you get her binky, make sure she gets her blanket. She won't sleep without it."

In a mere moment, Belk realized that, in the Suggs family, the roles were reversed.
============
more @ link.

This is a really sad story. What is really sad is that a 5 year old knew how to treat his sister better then there parents. I really hope they end up in a great home with loving people and a life full of happiness.

These parents were obviously poor and drug addicts. Why in the world would they "share" any of their drugs with these children? It doesn't make sense to me - I guess they were past the point of any reason or logical thinking obviously.

My prayers for this family. Thank goodness the children were found before worse happened to them.

I wonder why they started giving the children drugs to begin with. Maybe to placate them when they cried? Maybe to be funny? This is just sick. I hope the article is right and the parents will never have custody of the children again.

These parents were obviously poor and drug addicts. Why in the world would they "share" any of their drugs with these children? It doesn't make sense to me - I guess they were past the point of any reason or logical thinking obviously.

My prayers for this family. Thank goodness the children were found before worse happened to them.

I was thinking the same thing, if you're so poor, why share your drugs. Maybe they were so cracked and not taking care of the kids, that giving the kids crack helped them deal with them. This is sickening.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back