Page 1 of 60 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 Die After 2 Men Break Into Home of Petit Family- Hayes GUILTY 16 of 17 counts

3 Die After 2 Men Break Into Home of Petit Family- Hayes GUILTY 16 of 17 counts

CHESHIRE, Conn. (Associated Press) -- Three people were killed Monday after intruders broke into a prominent doctor's home, held the family hostage for several hours and apparently set the house on fire, police and colleagues of the doctor said.
    Authorities surrounded the home on Sorghum Hill Drive after a woman was taken by one of the suspects to a bank and made a withdrawal around 9:30 a.m., police said. Bank employees were suspicious of the transaction and called police, authorities said.

http://orangecounty.cox.net/cci/news...alidatearticle
    Last edited by JBean; 10-24-2010 at 02:00 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:

I'm glad that the doctor wasn't murdered and that he will be alright. Glad they caught the creeps that did this too. I wonder if it was the doctor's wife and one of his daughters that died plus a male. Maybe the daughter's boyfriend as it was early in the day. I guess those guys thought that they would make the wife go to the bank and withdraw a large sum of money and then they would go back to the house and murder everyone in it and then set the house on fire. Glad the bank employees were on the ball and believed that something was wrong. I wonder how old those killers are?

Victims...

The mom and two daughters...The horror. If this man bounces back and continues to serve his patients...and I do believe that it takes a genuine calling to be a doctor - I'd say he was a saint. Revenge would eat me alive...
    http://tinyurl.com/yo3ha3

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cathieq For This Useful Post:

Has there been any more details released concerning this? I read a couple articles this morning, but it all had the same info.

Loss Of An Esteemed Family Is Wrenching And Inexplicable
    http://www.courant.com/news/local/hc...c_tab01_layout
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

CHESHIRE - Police have identified a 26-year-old Cheshire man and a 44-year-old Winsted man, both with long criminal histories, as suspects in a horrific home invasion in which a mother and her two daughters died Monday.

Joshua Komisarjevsky, 26, of 840 North Brooksdale Road, Cheshire, and Steven Hayes, 44, of 5-H Horn Ave., Winsted, each face a multitude of charges, including first-degree aggravated sexual assault and first-degree kidnapping. State police said the investigation is continuing and that more charges will be filed.

The men are being held on $15 million bail each for an appearance today in Superior Court in Meriden.

SNIP

The charred body of his oldest daughter, Hayley, 17, a recent graduate of Miss Porter's School in Farmington, was found at the top of the main stairs.

In a second-floor bedroom down the hall, the youngest in the family, Michaela, 11, was found tied to a bed. Her body was too badly burned to tell how she died.

http://www.courant.com/news/custom/t...c_tab01_layout
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PrayersForMaura For This Useful Post:

This has got to be one of the most horrific crimes I have ever heard of.. I cant imagine what this famiky endured for 6 hours prior to the opening of the bank..I supect the details that will emerge will paint a horrifying anf tourturous picture of what this family went thru.. I can only imagine the worst happened to the youngest child since she was found bound to her bed and that combined with the charges including sexual assault.. it just makes me sick thinking about it.. the poor father tied up and beaten in the basement. I hope this man can heal both physically and emotionally.. I dont think I could get past something this bad. I hope he is able to heal and find some peace with this.. my prayers to he and his family.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to opme For This Useful Post:

Horrible. A friend of mine is from Long Island and he always follows the news in the NY/CT area and he sent me this article this morning. I cried when I read it. Such beautiful daughters and wife. This doctor's life has been shattered in an unimaginable way. Prayers for strength and healing for him. I'm sure he wishes he'd died, too, at this point. :*(

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?se...cal&id=5505775

At the bank, the woman either passed a note or somehow alerted employees that something was wrong.
    "The bank employees were instrumental in notifying Cheshire police," Lieutenant Paul Vance said. "And Cheshire police responded instantaneously upon receipt of that information."
    When police arrived at the house, they say the two suspects tried to escape by ramming three police cars. Meanwhile, the home was engulfed in flames.
    According to devastated residents of the community, the house is owned by William Petit, Jr., a doctor who survived the home invasion and fire. Inside, emergency crews found the body of his wife, Jennifer, and two daughters.
    ...Police say it look like the family was targeted. Why is still unclear. They say they are not looking for any additional suspects. The names of and charges against the suspects have not yet been released.

I am always suspicious when the spouse is the only survivor. I hope I'm wrong.

I saw their pictures this morning on the news and cried that someone could do this to another person, let alone an entire family.

I don't think the husband/father had anything to do with this - they almost killed him too - the only reason he survived is that the fire went up, not down to the basement. Plus TWO assailants? Who stayed in the house for hours and then ran - right into (literally) the police?

I think there is TOO MUCH initial suspicion of the fathers/husbands etc by everyone. It's the 1st thing everyone goes for no matter what the circumstance is that it's "the man". Every case it seems that is the first suspicion. If LE has the "man" and knows where he is then other theories need to be explored - he isn't going anywhere.

I just do not see it in this case. But he's 2 steps from death in the hospital and his entire family is dead so he probably isn't going anywhere. In the meantime, two men are in custody, caught red-handed.

My Opinion

16. The Following User Says Thank You to FlowerChild For This Useful Post:

I agree flower -- pretty difficult to beat yourself up with a baseball bat. The picture of the family member in this article says it all...the anguish.

http://www.courant.com/news/custom/topnews/hcu-family-killed-0724,0,1696148.story?coll=hc_tab01_layout

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Lola For This Useful Post:

Absolutely horrifying. My prayers go out to this man and their family. Such a horrible, senseless crime. I will never be able to understand what drives a person(s) to such unimaginable evil.

I have hardly been able to come back to this story. It is so gutwrenching.

Earlier on FNC, they interviewed the family's pastor. He went to see Dr. Petit in the hospital today and told him there had been a lot of national news media contacting him and asked for his permission to talk to them. The doctor gave his permission and said, "just make sure you tell them how wonderful my daughters and wife were. Just make sure they know."

Prayers for this poor man.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to englishleigh For This Useful Post:

Oh, how I'd personally like to wipe that grin off of the one on the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    I agree. Is justice even possible in this case? Jail is a free place to live, free food...what brings people to do this?

25. The Following User Says Thank You to BrowneyedEmily For This Useful Post:

On parole....how nice.

Angry

It's cases like this that make me a BIG supporter of the Death Penalty.

May God grant the doctor PEACE. I hope he can heal somewhat. What horrible images he must have in his head. And such hopelessness....

Death Penalty in Connecticut??? Anyone know?
    Last edited by Only4Justice; 07-24-2007 at 07:51 PM. Reason: clarity!

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Only4Justice For This Useful Post:

This is so sad. I read this in the morning and it reminded me of that family not too long ago in Virginia that were all killed. So sad, I dont know what is wrong with people these days....

Quote Originally Posted by Only4Justice View Post
    It's cases like this that make me a BIG supporter of the Death Penalty.

May God grant the doctor PEACE. I hope he can heal somewhat. What horrible images he must have in his head. And such hopelessness....

Death Penalty in Connecticut??? Anyone know?
    YES, CONN DOES HAVE THE DEATH PENALTY...............

Quote Originally Posted by michelle View Post
    This is so sad. I read this in the morning and it reminded me of that family not too long ago in Virginia that were all killed. So sad, I dont know what is wrong with people these days....
    It made me think of that Virginia case too, michelle. All this for.....money. The senselessness of it is mind-boggling.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

32. The Following User Says Thank You to southcitymom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    You said it. I watched Dan Abrams show tonight and one of the panel was near tears, she apparently has info that is not released yet, but soon will be, she said what happened in that house is of the sickest nature she has seen, we will be appalled and sickened more than we can imagine.

My God, how can it be any worse? Words fail me right now.

Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    CHESHIRE, Conn. (Associated Press) -- Three people were killed Monday after intruders broke into a prominent doctor's home, held the family hostage for several hours and apparently set the house on fire, police and colleagues of the doctor said.
    Authorities surrounded the home on Sorghum Hill Drive after a woman was taken by one of the suspects to a bank and made a withdrawal around 9:30 a.m., police said. Bank employees were suspicious of the transaction and called police, authorities said.

http://orangecounty.cox.net/cci/news...alidatearticle
    OMG. This is such a sad case. The victims all seem like such nice people. Why does this stuff always happen to the people who want to make a difference in the world? It just makes no sense... this family... the husband, the wife... tried to make the world better. The daughters were bright, and had good futures ahead of them. And these jerks had to go in and try to snuff it all out. The world just makes no sense to me sometimes.

Page 1 of 60 123456789101151 ... LastLast