740 users online (85 members and 655 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Woman's Scalp Ripped Off Her Head While Go-Karting

Woman's scalp ripped off while on go-kart
    Faye Brown's long hair was her identity. But during a family outing to a go-kart track her hair got tangled in the go-kart's moving parts, and the force ripped off her scalp. It has happened before at another track owned by the same man.
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

ugh, it makes me sick just thinking about this
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

Excuse my ignorance here, but what does this mean? The skin, including all of the hair on the top of her skull was completely ripped off?

2luvmy is offline RIP Ragdoll. You don't get to choose how you're going to die, or when. You can only decide how you're going to live now.
    These accidents happen quite frequently with adults and children riding with long hair. It just rips it right off: hair, scalp and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    Excuse my ignorance here, but what does this mean? The skin, including all of the hair on the top of her skull was completely ripped off?
    if you draw a line around her skull following the hair line this area is gone now. it ripped all the skin off her head. she is a face neck and skull. i know a guy who works in the motorcycle shop down the street that had this happen to him. his pony tail got caught in the motor of his go-cart. he lost all the skin from the start of his hair link to the back of his neck. from right above his left ear on 1 side. on the other side he lost the ear. it also blacked both his eyes. they did reattach most of his scalp but some parts became chewed up in the chain and could not be attached. these areas got skin grafts.

Damn.

OMG! He needs to find a way to cover the parts which caused this incident and he also needs to put up warning signs to others with long hair! How horrible!!! (Since it happened before...he should be sued!)
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

How horrible, that must've been so painful!!! Prayers for this woman.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *My posts are my opinions, expressed freely thanks to the First Amendment.*

OMG This is horrible. I cant even read the article.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Gal View Post
    OMG This is horrible. I cant even read the article.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    OMG! He needs to find a way to cover the parts which caused this incident and he also needs to put up warning signs to others with long hair! How horrible!!! (Since it happened before...he should be sued!)

I think he needs to be shut down. You would think he would be more careful after the first incident.

This is so sickening, that poor woman. In the picture it appeared she had hair under her hat, so I don't know how much got scalped. But man, I mean, I don't like my hair being pulled even a little. I can't imagine the pain.

2luvmy is offline RIP Ragdoll. You don't get to choose how you're going to die, or when. You can only decide how you're going to live now.
    Actually with most incidents, it happens so fast you don't realize it, then when you do you go into shock. Thank goodness.

As awful as this was for the women ....
    She has some responsibility in this.

When you have long hair you know damn well it gets tangled in things...
    It just goes with the territory.

My hair has gotten caught in the hard floor vacuum before. (no damage)
    But I am careful about bending down to pick up something while vacuuming!

My point is that this women having extra long hair should have been more aware of that possibility in many situations.

When we were kids, my friend's hair got caught up in the mixer while we were making a cake and it pulled out a patch the size of a silver dollar. Just yanked it out by the roots in the blink of an eye. I cant imagine how awful to have the scalp ripped off!! After the first incident he should have changed the way these things are set up or required long hair to be braided up. At least a warning sign should be posted.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast