Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Worried, my thoughts are with your family.

Is there suspicion that the abusive boyfriend is responsible?

Quote Originally Posted by Worried Sister View Post
    Joey Offutt is my sister. The family believes that she has been missing days before the fire started. The baby found in the fire was her newborn son. Her other children are being cared for by our family. We are all very worried for her and we fear the worst has happened. Unfortunately, the police are not sharing as much of their investigation with us as we would like. They are researching all avenues, but these things take time. We can only hope that Joey has that time. Any help that the public can give us would be greatly appreciated. We know that someone out there knows what happened that night, please come forward. Let us find closer for our family and her children.

I'm so sorry that your sister, Joey, is missing. I can't imagine the pain that you and your family are going through. I think that this will come down to the boyfriend. How he could leave that little baby boy in that house is beyond imagining. Has LE even talked to him yet or is he hiding out?

I hope and pray that Joey is alright but her missing and the burning house with the baby in it doesn't look good. I'm glad that you and your family have the other children and that they are loved and safe.

Thank you for all of your concern. The family has created a website www.joeyoffutt.com for any one that wishes to share any information they may have about her whereabouts or what may have happened to her. Hopefully no stone will be left unturned in trying to find her...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Worried Sister For This Useful Post:

Thank you for all of your concern. The family has created a website www.joeyoffutt.com for any one that wishes to share any information they may have about her whereabouts or what may have happened to her. Hopefully no stone will be left unturned in trying to find her...

Thanks for the link. Prayers for Joey, you and your family.....

6. The Following User Says Thank You to angarella For This Useful Post:

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Worried,

We are praying for Joey. Stay strong and take care of yourself through this ordeal. Hope answers are forthcoming soon.

Joey Offutt is my sister. The family believes that she has been missing days before the fire started. The baby found in the fire was her newborn son. Her other children are being cared for by our family. We are all very worried for her and we fear the worst has happened. Unfortunately, the police are not sharing as much of their investigation with us as we would like. They are researching all avenues, but these things take time. We can only hope that Joey has that time. Any help that the public can give us would be greatly appreciated. We know that someone out there knows what happened that night, please come forward. Let us find closer for our family and her children.
    I am so very sorry about the loss of your little nephew and the disappearance of your sister. I hope and pray she is found alive and well.

I have a couple of questions that keep bothering me. Maybe you could help me out?

If Joey's other two children were with family and Joey was possibly missing for days before the fire, why didn't anyone notice she was gone? No one even knew she was gone until the fire was reported, right? I keep thinking that if I left my two kids with my mom, she'd sure notice if I didn't show up to pick them up and bring them home! Did her other two children LIVE with family? Or was it Joey's normal style to leave the kids with family for days without anyone hearing from her, without her checking in on the kids?

My other question is in regards to the boyfriend. He sure sounds like somebody the investigation should diligently be looking into. Did he and Joey live together? I'm assuming he did not since the fire started at 4 in the morning, but if he did, what is his story for not being home at that time of the late night/early morning?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kgeaux For This Useful Post:

Has LE talked to the boyfriend or is he on the run? I haven't read any information about him at all that I can recall.

This is Joey's website:

http://www.findjoey.org/default.asp

This is Joey's page on the PA Crime Stoppers website:

http://www.pacrimestoppers.org/fugitive/1203.htm

Here are Joey's pics on the PA State Police website:

http://www.psp.state.pa.us/psp/cwp/v...?a=11&q=176305

Here is Joey's AMW page:

http://www.amw.com/missing_persons/case.cfm?id=48408

12. The Following User Says Thank You to hoppyfrog For This Useful Post:

America's Most Wanted

Saturday Nov. 15th at 9 p.m. on Fov TV

DUBOIS - The state police and the "America's Most Wanted" television show have partnered up to highlight the case of the year-long search for Joey Lynn Offutt in search of leads.
    America's Most Wanted airs at 9 p.m. Saturday on Fox TV. The show highlights the search for Offutt. More information is also sought on the death of her infant child.
    The investigation continues by members of Troop C of the state police into a structure fire about 4 a.m. July 12, 2007, at 90 Dr. Fugate Drive in Sykesville. The fire consumed a large portion of the residence and an investigation by the state police fire marshal unit concluded the fire was intentionally set.
    Continued here:
    http://www.thecourierexpress.com/sit...d=572984&rfi=6

Hi
    I just found this case via another site that led me to AMW and then i came here and googled her name

I also do not understand how she could be missing days before the fire started ? when she had two other children besides the 6week old baby?

You know this is *sort of* like that episode on cold case not long ago (well screened here not long ago) where the womans child was burned in the fire (so they thought) and they arrested her for the murder but it was not her baby - someone had stolen her baby because they could not have a baby and out a already dead baby body in there and then set fire to it...

Not saying thats the case here !

But I didnt see anything about a BF on AMW ?

AMW says
    "When police investigated further, they found that not only was Joey missing from her home after the fire, but that nobody had seen or heard from her for several days before the fire took place."
    So where were the girls during that time she was not heard from or seen ? and if the girls were with her how did they come to not be at home when the fire consumed house and baby

Poor little baby boy may he RIP sweet Angel

The Car ? was it fingerprinted and so on ? did they figure if she had driven it to that old place where she used to live ?
    That is also odd ? why there ?
    Is there anyway that after having the baby her mind snapped ? that can happen ? and perhaps she became confused even and so drove to her old place ?
    Police located Joey's car four days later in State College, PA, parked at the Nittany Gardens apartment complex, where Joey had previously lived.
    Why was it there ? of all places ?

Did they check that apartment ? that she previously lived in ?

Lots of questions....

Must be heartbreaking for the family in particularly for her two daughters who must miss their mummy so very much . I hope she is found soon for their sakes

I'm the nephew of Joey Lynn Offutt, and will try to answer some of the questions as best as I can. But keep in mind that the police investigating this case have not told us all that they know, which on one hand is understandable, but on the other hand, is incredibly frustrating to the family.

JaneInOz asked about where Joey's two daughters were during the fire. They each were with different family members for a pre-planned visit. This was not out of the ordinary.

JaneInOz also asked about Joey's car. We assume it was finger-printed, but the police have not told us what -- if anything at all -- they found in the car. We do not know if they were able to lift and identify prints or if they found any other kind of DNA evidence (blood, hair, fibers, etc.) they have not told us either way.

At first glance, it would be logical to assume that some accident happened with the baby and Joey's "mind snapped" as JaneInOz suggested, and perhaps became confused and drove to where she had previously lived. However, when the family saw the photo of her car as it was found in State College, we immediately knew that Joey did not drive that car. The car was backed in (something Joey never did) and was parked perfectly straight (Joey was notoriously known to be a bad driver). Perhaps the perpetrator dumped her car and in some bizarre coincidence just happened to be in the parking lot of an apartment complex where she used to live. Or, more likely, whoever did this knew she used to live there, and purposefully left the car there to make it look like Joey did this.

The family also learned new information -- from the AMW show, and not from the police -- about the partially-opened package of meat left on the kitchen counter. To us, this is more proof that someone else did this -- not Joey -- and that she is a victim.

Our family desperately seeks to find her -- to find out what happened to her and her infant son. We need this closure. We urge anyone with any information to contact the PA State Police or contact the family directly: http://www.findjoey.org

Thanks for your continued thoughts and prayers.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FindJoey For This Useful Post:

Is there any new info regarding the ex? Also, was the seat moved in Joey's car? Sometimes that's the most obvious way of telling whether or not the owner was driving. If the drivers seat was moved back to accommadate a longer legged individual (a man) as opposed to a small woman. Plus it's something a possible kidnapper/murderer does not remember to "correct" once they leave the car.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to jashrema For This Useful Post:

Okay I'm super confused as the NEPHEW who came on here of Joey's said

JaneInOz asked about where Joey's two daughters were during the fire. They each were with different family members for a pre-planned visit. This was not out of the ordinary.
    But the Sister of Joey as above said

The family believes that she has been missing days before the fire started.
    So the two girls they were at different family members for a pre planned sleep over for days ?

I mean if each daughter of Joeys was at a different family members for a day visit then it must have seemed odd she didnt phone or turn up to collect her child at each place
    And if each child was there for a sleep over then it must have seemed odd that neither child was collected from the different family members

Was it normal for her to leave the children at different family members for a number of days split up like that ?

If not why wasnt the alarm raised after one day ?

Its sounding very odd ?

I hope its ok to post this but there is some impertinent info in this place http://boards.insessiontrials.com/sh...hreadid=304411

The nephew posted over there

As far as the night of the fire, the youngest daughter was with her father Alexis for the week because i guess it was his week with her, and the oldest daughter (which is not Alexis's) was with us here so they were safe and they are both still safe with us here.
    But the family believes she was missing for days before the fire ? so where were the daughters BEFORE The fire ?

I'm sorry but this is very sus. Something is very odd, it was also spoken of that she wrote on her my space she was considering adoption for this new baby.

?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast