bringushome.19.forumer.com
The Doe Network:
Case File 872DFNY

BCrowley.jpg
BCrowley1.jpg
BCrowley2.jpg

Left and center: Crowley, circa 1980; Right: Circa 1978
Brenda Crowley
Missing since March 1980 from Staten Island, Richmond County, New York.
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics
  • Date Of Birth: October 5, 1963
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 16 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"- 5'6" (163-168 cm); 110 - 130 lbs. (50-59 kg)
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Dark blonde, straight hair; blue/green eyes that sometimes appears hazel. Brenda may wear glasses/contacts due to a slight cross in her left eye.
  • Marks, Scars: Brenda has a small scar on her nose, and has a slight cross in her left/right eye. She had a fractured arm when she was 5-6 years old.
  • Dentals: Not Available. Her teeth has some crowding.
  • Other: Her blood type is O+, but A +/- cannot be ruled out.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Crowley lived with her mother in Staten Island, NY in 1980. Her mother did not file a missing person's report with the police.
Crowley may have been placed in foster care. She has not been seen or heard from since March 1980.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
The Doe Network
NCIC Number: Not Entered
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case. Source Information:
Teresa Crowley, Brenda's sister

For some reason I can't shake the feeling that I have seen a recon that looked like her.

Here's an interesting site and entry I found:

http://www.genealogicaljourneys.com/ms2003.htm

My Name: Dorothy Schall
Sibling's Birth Name: Brenda Ceceila Crowley
Sibling Born: October 5, 1963
Information: I am the oldest sister of Brenda. Parents being Theresa Koster and Peter Crowley. We have lost all contact with our sister as youngsters. Their are eight of us altogether. Dorothy and Donna Schall, Theresa, Brenda, Ruthann, Peter and Hugh Crowley and Virginia Milius. We all have different fathers. We have lived in the Staten Island area and we are unsure of the circumstances regarding our sister Brenda. Was she in a Foster Home or has she just run away like the older children. Or What happen to our sister Brenda? We are searching for many years now! Please any and all help is appreciated. If you know Brenda please contact her Family. Please we are desperate to reunited with our sister Brenda

dsangelbaby6@aol.com

And then this one:

http://www.missing.ws/_lostContacts/lostContact.asp?id=76

Brenda Crowley
I have been searching for 22.5yrs for my sister Brenda. Disappeared age 16 from USA. Have Been searching every country too. Our family ancesters have originally come from cork Ireland.
  • <LI class=pageText>Date Of Birth: October 5, 1963 <LI class=pageText>Missing from Staten Island New York since March 1980 <LI class=pageText>Age at Time of Disappearance: 16 years old <LI class=pageText>Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"-5'6" (163-168 cm.); 110-130 lbs. (50-59 kg.)
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian. Dark blonde, straight hair; blue/green eyes that sometimes appear hazel. Brenda may also wear glasses/contacts due to a slight cross in her left eye. Her teeth has some crowding. Brenda has a small scar on her nose. Her blood type is O+, but A +/- cannot be ruled out. She had a fractured arm when she was 5-6 years old. Her mother did not report her missing at the time something that was only discovered when the mother was murdered in March 1981. Sadly New York Police Dept would not allow them file a missing report at that time.
Other links on the doe network and missing persons bureau.

(Note: bolding about the mother's murder is mine. Hoppy)

http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/2008/01/in_search_of_missing_staten_is.html

Published: Wednesday, January 09, 2008, 5:04 PM Updated: Wednesday, January 09, 2008, 11:14 PM

Police dug up a backyard in East Islip, L.I., yesterday, in search of the remains of a Staten Island girl who went missing 27 years ago, law enforcement sources told the Advance. (All they found was dog bones)

...Miss Crowley was last seen in May 1980 at 116 Harbor Rd., a private house in Mariners Harbor that later burned down.

The daughter of a mother who gave birth to eight children from three different men, Brenda had already disappeared from Curtis High School, which in February 1980 expelled her as AWOL, when she went missing.

There was also an outstanding "PINS" (person in need of supervision) warrant issued for Brenda's arrest in Family Court.

"Every single one of us ran away," Dorothy Schall, Brenda's sister, told the Advance in 1995. "Everyone came back except Brenda. Brenda is nowhere to be found."

Brenda's mother, Theresa Crawley (she used an "a" where her kids were given an "o" in Crowley), told Ms. Schall a missing persons report had been filed with police.

But Ms. Schall later learned that her mother lied about the missing person's report, so she filed her own report with the Department's Missing Persons Squad in Manhattan.

On March 8, 1981, nearly a year after her 16-year-old daughter disappeared, Theresa Crawley was found strangled to death at a Castleton Corners intersection.
(Theresa Crawley was the Mother and a man who knew her from a local bar was arrested for manslaughter in her case)...

http://www.myspace.com/brendaismissing
This Myspace appears to be family.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/crowley_brenda.html
More info.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4bUBfTkJ3w
Beautiful tribute, many pictures.

Attachments

• medium_01-09-STATEN-ISLAND-MISSING.jpg
    medium_01-09-STATEN-ISLAND-MISSING.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 54
I know there hasn't been much activity on this thread. But does anyone know if this person has been looked into:

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/mcicsearch/FlyerNewPerson.asp?Case_Id=3526&case_nbr

She was found 2 years after Brenda was reported missing. And while the height is a little shorter than Brenda was described, the nose looks very similar to me. And a lot of her other stats seem like a possible match. Any thoughts?

I've e-mailed her sister. But I wanted to put it here too, in case someone knows if she was ever looked into. Thanks!

ETA: The picture below shows the unidentified person in the middle, and the other two are of Brenda.

Attachments

• Brenda.jpg
    Brenda.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 94
They have the birthdate, SSN, and last name (birth name, that is)

I am curious to see if they have tried to get a credit report on her (you know, those annoying commercials with that singer.) If they could do it they may get an idea of what she has been up to for the past few years.

Clearing out my email and came across this exchange re Brenda and NamUs UID #8374 Will post info here as FYI.

UID:

A headless, handless, female body found in a travel trunk. Blood type O with Rh negative
Body discovered inside a travel trunk described as follows: Green with black trim and blue lining. 21"wide, 37"long, and 14"deep with brass fittings. various stickers on the outside indicate the trunk travelled fron NYC to France in 1958 and returned to NYC in 1960. Original ownership has been verified as June Leaf.

https://identifyus.org/cases/8374

Similarities to Brenda:
Missing/UID Date:
March 1980 for both. (Though Brenda was not reported missing until a year later, March 1981.)
NY...approx 2 hour distance between 2 points.

Vitals:
Brenda-
Height: 5'4"- 5'6" ; Weight: 110 - 130 lbs.

UID-
Height: 64in - Est.
Weight: 135 lbs, Est.

Blood Type:
Brenda: "Her blood type is O+, but A +/- cannot be ruled out." (Per Doe Network) (suggests O- a possibility?)

UID: Blood type O with Rh negative.

On 7/17/2011 sent info onto Inv Donald Yackeren...checking re rule-out.

On 10/18/2011 Inv Donald Yackeren emailed back the following:

Our case involves a deceased male according to all anthropological and autopsy reports.

Respectfully
Inv Donald Yackeren

On 12/05/2011 received the following:

To: xxxxxxxx.com
Sent: Monday, December 5, 2011 9:53 AM
Subject: Fwd: Case # KWAP 80-266

Mrs. xxxxx,

Can you call me regarding the below listed email.
Thanks,
Inv. Donnelly

Investigator Eugene E. Donnelly
New York State Police- SP Wappinger
18 Middlebush Rd
Wappingers Falls, NY 12590
(845)298-0952
Fax (845)298-1961
Eugene.Donnelly@troopers.ny.gov

>>> Donald Yackeren 8/15/2011 11:08 AM >>> (Inv Yackeren had forwarded my email on to Inv Donnelly.)

Per phone conversation....Brenda's DNA had been compared to/ruled out for UID 8374.

It is possible that this is her.

The only one thing that makes me doubt her is that Brenda had an arm fracture, but the person who conducted the autopsy in TN didnt find any evidence of a broken arm on the Jane Doe.

It is possible that this is her.

The only one thing that makes me doubt her is that Brenda had an arm fracture, but the person who conducted the autopsy in TN didnt find any evidence of a broken arm on the Jane Doe.

I think I read somewhere in a post that not all fractures show up unless there was damage to the growth plate. But, I may be wrong. That UID is worth looking at.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?37952-Brenda-Crowley-(16)-New-York-NY-1980

See post 2 in link above for source as original link no longer works

Sources claimed an unidentified relative approached police recently with an allegation that Miss Crowley had been killed by her father and buried in the yard of a house in East Islip.

Being that this tip was given to LE by a family member, I can't help but wonder if she had been in East Islip with her father after her disappearance. While it may have been a suspicion or rumor alone that caused the family member to report this, I can't really see a scenario where anyone could have come to that conclusion if Brenda wasn't there around that time.

I usually take Topix with a grain of salt but there have been several people who claimed to have been neighbors of the house that was searched and they also remember Brenda living there at some time but nobody says when so I'm not sure if that was before or after her disappearance.

Brenda's last seen date has changed to March 1, 1979 in NAMUS:
Brenda lived with her mother and siblings in Staten Island, NY. According to the family, she and her seven siblings had run away from the family's various Staten Island addresses at one time or another, but everyone usually came back, everyone except Brenda Crowley. Brenda used to hang out in the Tompkinsville area as well as Stapleton, and Marinerâ's Harbor. She has not been seen or heard from since about 1979. (Date of last contact is only an estimation)
The family thought that her mother had filed a missing person's report with the police, but later learned that was not the case, so a report was filed with the New York Police Department's Missing Persons Squad in Manhattan in 2007.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/12212/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back