1215 users online (221 members and 994 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Angry Street Gang MS-13 Trying to Unify in Major U.S. Cities

Report: Street Gang MS-13 Trying to Unify in Major U.S. Cities, Become Powerful and Deadly Cartel

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,290736,00.html

The vicious street gang MS-13 is trying to unify itself across the U.S., posing a threat to law enforcement in major American cities including the nation's capital that could rival the major drug cartels of Mexico and Colombia, according to a report published Wednesday in the Washington Times.
    "Traditionally, the gang consisted of loosely affiliated groups known as cliques; however, law enforcement officials have reported increased coordination of criminal activity among Mara Salvatrucha cliques in the Atlanta, Dallas, Los Angeles, Washington, D.C., and New York metropolitan areas," states a confidential memo sent out earlier this month from the U.S. Attorney's Office in the Southern District of Illinois, the newspaper reported.
    "MS-13 is attempting to become a unified criminal enterprise operating under one leadership." (more at link above)

or

COMPLETE STORY IN THE WASHINGTON TIMES:
    http://washingtontimes.com/article/2...107250083/1002

I say that the police should kill every one of the bastards they come across and leave them laying where it happened.

It is time for this to stop.

Cal

We might need more police.

And what about the assault weapons criminals have easy access to? Police deaths this year are at the same point as all of last year. They say their vests will not protect against assault weapons.

It's easy to talk about "killing them", but the question is "how". How best for cities to stop gangs. Our police need support and resources.

There have been several open gun battles on Houston streets this year between rival gangs. Some have been the effect of Katrina-evacuated gang members, but some of it definitely can be traced to rival gangs and MS-13.

They're getting stronger and stronger.

The only way to beat the gangs is with love.

sounds kooky , but its true ( IMO)

when running for president as an independant, one of the wisest things i've ever heard a politician say , was said by Ross Perot.

He said, you want to know the biggest problem facing americas youth today ? its not gangs, its not drugs, its not guns, its the breakdown of the american family unit. Strong familes make for strong kids, and he was right.
    Thats why there wasn't really a gang problem in this country until our cities became full of small families, (some of them no doubt, very loving, but also working, going to school etc) , single parent families, etc.
    Evenwehn the gangs started becoming larger, the problem was mainly focused on neighborhoods in the inner cities, you rarely heard about major criminal gang units in dead man gulch south dakota.

the kids go to the gangs because the ganges become their family, providing a kind of love, respect, protection, even admiration and a familial sense of belonging.

this generation and the one before and after, is probably lost, but if somehow we could build stronger families in these areas, show the kids the kind of love that teaches them how to reject hate and fear.....
    the problem would abate.

of this i have 0 doubt.

thanks for listening.

~lightwaveryder~

Quote Originally Posted by lightwaveryder View Post
    The only way to beat the gangs is with love.

sounds kooky , but its true ( IMO)

when running for president as an independant, one of the wisest things i've ever heard a politician say , was said by Ross Perot.

He said, you want to know the biggest problem facing americas youth today ? its not gangs, its not drugs, its not guns, its the breakdown of the american family unit. Strong familes make for strong kids, and he was right.
    Thats why there wasn't really a gang problem in this country until our cities became full of small families, (some of them no doubt, very loving, but also working, going to school etc) , single parent families, etc.
    Evenwehn the gangs started becoming larger, the problem was mainly focused on neighborhoods in the inner cities, you rarely heard about major criminal gang units in dead man gulch south dakota.

the kids go to the gangs because the ganges become their family, providing a kind of love, respect, protection, even admiration and a familial sense of belonging.

this generation and the one before and after, is probably lost, but if somehow we could build stronger families in these areas, show the kids the kind of love that teaches them how to reject hate and fear.....
    the problem would abate.

of this i have 0 doubt.

thanks for listening.

~lightwaveryder~

Great post....and so true!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetah View Post
    Great post....and so true!!
    I agree. The homes with "families" are disappearing, especially in the inner cities. A lot of truth in the post. Even in middle class America, there are many single mothers. They may be better off financially, but cannot give the emotional support children need. Those kids may not be gang members, but seek drugs. Those kids and the gangs are connected, supply and demand.

Quote Originally Posted by SadieMae View Post
    I agree. The homes with "families" are disappearing, especially in the inner cities. A lot of truth in the post. Even in middle class America, there are many single mothers. They may be better off financially, but cannot give the emotional support children need. Those kids may not be gang members, but seek drugs. Those kids and the gangs are connected, supply and demand.
    THat is very true. If our social systems break down, we are bound to have more criminals, gangs, etc.

Good families, and safety nets for families are the key to raising good children.

Some people are saying that with this new super highway thing (runs right through mexico to canada), we will become more and more like the cities in mexico. That thing runs right through my area. GREAT! I am sure that we'll get more gangs too. Just a matter of time.

While all gangs are dangerous, this one sounds particularly so? Terrorists? They CHOPPED UP A BABY? Human trafficking? Wow. How about we deport them back to South America where they came from?

This is all rather boring--We heard the same exact "warning" back in the 70's and 80's to WATCH OUT! The Crips and the Bloods are organizing! Everybody get under their bed! sheesh--Gangs have been around for over a hundred years

How do you think they will come to the USA? Probably from the Mexican boarder. You think these gangs are not killing people already in the US, yes the Crips and Bloods. I live in a small AZ town, it's happening but don't worry it takes a while to get through Mexico and AZ but they will head north from there. JMOO
    Last edited by Marstan; 07-27-2007 at 09:55 PM. Reason: bad wording

All, if not almost all, MS-13 members are illegals. They will be ushered out of the country. Illegal immigrants are going to find the pressure on them growing. The Homeland Security $40.6 Billion dollar Spending Bill, that just passed last night, appropriates money for the fence, barriers, towers, and border patrol agents. The Bill also has some teeth in it that will force employers to rid themselves of illegals. Bush has threatened to veto it. The House version and Senate versions of the Bill need to be resolved and then it will go to Bush. They have the votes to override Bush's veto

Finally, progress.

When Feinsstein tried to add an Ag Amnesty amendment, she found that former supporters, weren't touching the Amnesty issue with a 10 foot pole. The Amnesty issue is history. They are now listening to their constituents.

Quote Originally Posted by pedinurse View Post
    Some people are saying that with this new super highway thing (runs right through mexico to canada), we will become more and more like the cities in mexico. That thing runs right through my area. GREAT! I am sure that we'll get more gangs too. Just a matter of time.

While all gangs are dangerous, this one sounds particularly so? Terrorists? They CHOPPED UP A BABY? Human trafficking? Wow. How about we deport them back to South America where they came from?
    The House just voted, much to the chagrin of the Transportation Dept., to BAN Mexican trucks on our U.S. highways. This puts a big crimp in Bush's plans to become Mexico North.

When the Democrats get voted in next election, can they change some of this?

They did a report on this a few months ago on our local news because the MS-13 gangs in the Raleigh-Durham area have become increasingly troublesome. I believe that they shot a 13 yr old girl sitting on a bus bench waiting for her parents to pick her up after a "teen night" at a local club. They reported that this is one of the most violent ganga they have seen in years. We don't have a lot of open gang activity in my area but we do have a lot of wanna-be ****s.
    Happy New Years

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast