Street Gang MS-13 Trying to Unify in Major U.S. Cities

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
Report: Street Gang MS-13 Trying to Unify in Major U.S. Cities, Become Powerful and Deadly Cartel

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,290736,00.html

The vicious street gang MS-13 is trying to unify itself across the U.S., posing a threat to law enforcement in major American cities — including the nation's capital — that could rival the major drug cartels of Mexico and Colombia, according to a report published Wednesday in the Washington Times.
"Traditionally, the gang consisted of loosely affiliated groups known as cliques; however, law enforcement officials have reported increased coordination of criminal activity among Mara Salvatrucha cliques in the Atlanta, Dallas, Los Angeles, Washington, D.C., and New York metropolitan areas," states a confidential memo sent out earlier this month from the U.S. Attorney's Office in the Southern District of Illinois, the newspaper reported.
"MS-13 is attempting to become a unified criminal enterprise operating under one leadership." (more at link above)

or

COMPLETE STORY IN THE WASHINGTON TIMES:
http://washingtontimes.com/article/20070725/NATION/107250083/1002

I say that the police should kill every one of the bastards they come across and leave them laying where it happened.

It is time for this to stop.

Cal

We might need more police.

And what about the assault weapons criminals have easy access to? Police deaths this year are at the same point as all of last year. They say their vests will not protect against assault weapons.

It's easy to talk about "killing them", but the question is "how". How best for cities to stop gangs. Our police need support and resources.

There have been several open gun battles on Houston streets this year between rival gangs. Some have been the effect of Katrina-evacuated gang members, but some of it definitely can be traced to rival gangs and MS-13.

They're getting stronger and stronger.

The only way to beat the gangs is with love.

sounds kooky , but its true ( IMO)

when running for president as an independant, one of the wisest things i've ever heard a politician say , was said by Ross Perot.

He said, you want to know the biggest problem facing americas youth today ? its not gangs, its not drugs, its not guns, its the breakdown of the american family unit. Strong familes make for strong kids, and he was right.
Thats why there wasn't really a gang problem in this country until our cities became full of small families, (some of them no doubt, very loving, but also working, going to school etc) , single parent families, etc.
Evenwehn the gangs started becoming larger, the problem was mainly focused on neighborhoods in the inner cities, you rarely heard about major criminal gang units in dead man gulch south dakota.

the kids go to the gangs because the ganges become their family, providing a kind of love, respect, protection, even admiration and a familial sense of belonging.

this generation and the one before and after, is probably lost, but if somehow we could build stronger families in these areas, show the kids the kind of love that teaches them how to reject hate and fear.....
the problem would abate.

of this i have 0 doubt.

thanks for listening.

~lightwaveryder~

The only way to beat the gangs is with love.

sounds kooky , but its true ( IMO)

when running for president as an independant, one of the wisest things i've ever heard a politician say , was said by Ross Perot.

He said, you want to know the biggest problem facing americas youth today ? its not gangs, its not drugs, its not guns, its the breakdown of the american family unit. Strong familes make for strong kids, and he was right.
Thats why there wasn't really a gang problem in this country until our cities became full of small families, (some of them no doubt, very loving, but also working, going to school etc) , single parent families, etc.
Evenwehn the gangs started becoming larger, the problem was mainly focused on neighborhoods in the inner cities, you rarely heard about major criminal gang units in dead man gulch south dakota.

the kids go to the gangs because the ganges become their family, providing a kind of love, respect, protection, even admiration and a familial sense of belonging.

this generation and the one before and after, is probably lost, but if somehow we could build stronger families in these areas, show the kids the kind of love that teaches them how to reject hate and fear.....
the problem would abate.

of this i have 0 doubt.

thanks for listening.

~lightwaveryder~

Great post....and so true!!

Great post....and so true!!
I agree. The homes with "families" are disappearing, especially in the inner cities. A lot of truth in the post. Even in middle class America, there are many single mothers. They may be better off financially, but cannot give the emotional support children need. Those kids may not be gang members, but seek drugs. Those kids and the gangs are connected, supply and demand.

I agree. The homes with "families" are disappearing, especially in the inner cities. A lot of truth in the post. Even in middle class America, there are many single mothers. They may be better off financially, but cannot give the emotional support children need. Those kids may not be gang members, but seek drugs. Those kids and the gangs are connected, supply and demand.

THat is very true. If our social systems break down, we are bound to have more criminals, gangs, etc.

Good families, and safety nets for families are the key to raising good children.

Some people are saying that with this new super highway thing (runs right through mexico to canada), we will become more and more like the cities in mexico. That thing runs right through my area. GREAT! I am sure that we'll get more gangs too. Just a matter of time.

While all gangs are dangerous, this one sounds particularly so? Terrorists? They CHOPPED UP A BABY? Human trafficking? Wow. How about we deport them back to South America where they came from?

This is all rather boring--We heard the same exact "warning" back in the 70's and 80's to WATCH OUT! The Crips and the Bloods are organizing! Everybody get under their bed! sheesh--Gangs have been around for over a hundred years

How do you think they will come to the USA? Probably from the Mexican boarder. You think these gangs are not killing people already in the US, yes the Crips and Bloods. I live in a small AZ town, it's happening but don't worry it takes a while to get through Mexico and AZ but they will head north from there. JMOO

All, if not almost all, MS-13 members are illegals. They will be ushered out of the country. Illegal immigrants are going to find the pressure on them growing. The Homeland Security $40.6 Billion dollar Spending Bill, that just passed last night, appropriates money for the fence, barriers, towers, and border patrol agents. The Bill also has some teeth in it that will force employers to rid themselves of illegals. Bush has threatened to veto it. The House version and Senate versions of the Bill need to be resolved and then it will go to Bush. They have the votes to override Bush's veto

Finally, progress.

When Feinsstein tried to add an Ag Amnesty amendment, she found that former supporters, weren't touching the Amnesty issue with a 10 foot pole. The Amnesty issue is history. They are now listening to their constituents.

Some people are saying that with this new super highway thing (runs right through mexico to canada), we will become more and more like the cities in mexico. That thing runs right through my area. GREAT! I am sure that we'll get more gangs too. Just a matter of time.

While all gangs are dangerous, this one sounds particularly so? Terrorists? They CHOPPED UP A BABY? Human trafficking? Wow. How about we deport them back to South America where they came from?
The House just voted, much to the chagrin of the Transportation Dept., to BAN Mexican trucks on our U.S. highways. This puts a big crimp in Bush's plans to become Mexico North.

They did a report on this a few months ago on our local news because the MS-13 gangs in the Raleigh-Durham area have become increasingly troublesome. I believe that they shot a 13 yr old girl sitting on a bus bench waiting for her parents to pick her up after a "teen night" at a local club. They reported that this is one of the most violent ganga they have seen in years. We don't have a lot of open gang activity in my area but we do have a lot of wanna-be thugs.

They did a report on this a few months ago on our local news because the MS-13 gangs in the Raleigh-Durham area have become increasingly troublesome. I believe that they shot a 13 yr old girl sitting on a bus bench waiting for her parents to pick her up after a "teen night" at a local club. They reported that this is one of the most violent ganga they have seen in years. We don't have a lot of open gang activity in my area but we do have a lot of wanna-be thugs.
Same here teons. They claim alliances, but they are not.

Lightwaveryder...you stated some excellent thoughts on this. Why do children of innercities gravitate to gangs? They get something they don't get at home...love and a sense of family. How many of these children don't know their fathers, how many have drug addict mothers, or mother's that work so many hours just to put food on the table they are too tired to raise their children. What happened to the days when Grandma, Aunts and neighbors were always there to help raise the children in the family? People now days don't even know the people living next door or across the street from them. Good grief...my Mama knew when I messed up before I could even make it home from 8 streets over!! She'd get a call before I got home and would greet me at the door with a switch in her hand. Everyone in my NEIGHBORHOOD knew who every kid belonged to, where you lived, your Mama and Daddy's name, your phone number, and in a lot of cases even my Aunts, Uncles and Grandma! What happened to neighborhoods like that?

Cal...my sister is a cop, 22 years now. I don't think the cops need to kill them...they're doing a pretty decent job killing each other off. Where my sister is they added to the use of DOA...instead they call it DRT. As a shift commander she has to go to all homocides and it's now known with her dept. as "Dead Right There". On one recent Saturday night, she went to 8 shootings, 5 were DRT's....saddest thing she said was they were ALL 18 and under, drug and gang related. Now how sad is that???

All, if not almost all, MS-13 members are illegals. They will be ushered out of the country. Illegal immigrants are going to find the pressure on them growing. The Homeland Security $40.6 Billion dollar Spending Bill, that just passed last night, appropriates money for the fence, barriers, towers, and border patrol agents. The Bill also has some teeth in it that will force employers to rid themselves of illegals. Bush has threatened to veto it. The House version and Senate versions of the Bill need to be resolved and then it will go to Bush. They have the votes to override Bush's veto

Finally, progress.

When Feinsstein tried to add an Ag Amnesty amendment, she found that former supporters, weren't touching the Amnesty issue with a 10 foot pole. The Amnesty issue is history. They are now listening to their constituents.
I was a little premature in saying the Amnesty issue was was history.

Specter has new immigration package

The Senate Judiciary Committee’s senior Republican said on Thursday that he is on the verge of offering a new immigration reform package, making significant changes that could win over recalcitrant members from both parties.

Sen. Arlen Specter (Pa.), who accompanied President Bush Thursday on his visit to Pennsylvania, said he has spoken to Bush and the two Cabinet members who have led immigration talks about his new bill. Spector also told reporters that he has spoken to most senators involved in this spring’s failed “grand bargain,” outlining his plan and appealing for a restart to the arduous immigration debate. “I’m ready to unveil it now,” Specter said. “I’ve got letters to the 100 senators on my desk.”

Specter explained the new measure would omit the controversial “Z visa” program, which would have given the nation’s 12 million illegal immigrants a path to citizenship. Removing the Z visa would offer conservatives less opening to tag the bill as “amnesty.” But he would leave intact the family reunification standard that this spring’s defunct immigration bill partially replaced with a skills-based system.

The lone change in the status of the 12 million, Specter said, would be removing their status as fugitives from justice, an attempt to diminish their incentive to remain outside the system and in fear of deportation. Specter added that he already has met with “stakeholders” from outside groups involved in the complex immigration debate, and he plans to hold more sit-downs next week. Offering green cards to immigrants seeking employment in the high-tech industry is under consideration, he said.

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/specter-has-new-immigration-package-2007-07-27.html

Illegal is illegal. NO AMNESTY-(freedom from prosecution)

Why is it so difficult for Senator Specter, and whomever else, to understand that the American public, your constituents, want the illegals to leave our country. Period.

They can come back in, at our invitation only, and only if, they are registered and tracked under a TEMPORARY worker program.

Lest any of you forget---the American Public is the LARGEST STAKEHOLDER in this mess.

Why do children of innercities gravitate to gangs? They get something they don't get at home...love and a sense of family. How many of these children don't know their fathers, how many have drug addict mothers, or mother's that work so many hours just to put food on the table they are too tired to raise their children.

Exactly....the gang becomes the family unit and these kids will do ANYTHING to be a part of it.

I had my own situation with my soon to be 14 year old, surprisingly this happened when we moved out of the city and into an isolated area. You wouldn't believe the tactics these thugs use to convince these kids. Imagine my surprise when my "baby" told me that they were her "family" she would live for them and die for them :eek: Well.....it was nothing that a long grounding and trip to the Juvenile Detention Center couldn't fix. I got her back, but we all know what happens to the kids who's parents don't pay attention. The real surprise was one I called the detention center and asked if I could bring her in for a "tour"...they thought I was crazy! It was a simple concept to me, I would have taken her to the morgue if they would have let me.....where else do young gang members wind up?

Originally Posted by Buzzm1

Finally, progress.

==========================

Recently our local newspaper said that half of the NG will be leaving the border area here in SW AZ. No mention of them going to NM or TX and we still have many, many miles of border not covered by fences, towers, etc.

We are adding BP, slowly but it is getting better.

There is a book called "The Devil's Highway" by Luis Alberto Urrea is a fantastic read. This book is strictly about why some of the Mexicans are attempting to come to the US. This book allowed me to look at what in the world could encourage someone/anyone to try and cross our desert to get into the US. This book is NOT about drug smuggling or gangs (other than the gangs of two footed coyotes who "lead" the people to the US from small Mexican areas). Urrea discusses the Wellton 13 - where 13 out of perhaps 30 walkers had died because the coyote led them the wrong way.

Although the book did not change my mind about illegals entering our country, he did explain the whole picture from at least four to five sides.

Our BP here in our County has alread apprehended 68,000+ just this year. On our roads, working in the fields, dying in the desert, etc.

Many "Mexicans" are not Mexican but from Iraq, fluent in Spanish and pay up to $50,000 to get across. Where small missions have closed, Muslems are opening the missions and turning them into mosques. They teach the Koran (sp?). The children become fluent in Arabic and could possibly grow up to be suicide bombers in the future. Absolutely we need something done.

The BP agents are being threatened with gunfire and rocks any anything else that can be used as a weapon - when they are trying to get drugs across. High grade heroin - not grown in Mexico - Meth - Marijuana by the truck loads. These are the people you have to be very careful around.

If they make it across to work, especially in our farming area, they work and generally make sure they have children in the US. They get temporary passes to come to the US to work or vacation, etc., they just never return to Mexico. They work hard and many, many hours, so many hours that their children do not have the closer family contact and the kids turn to gangs. It's a crazy circle.

JMOO

Originally Posted by Buzzm1

Finally, progress.

==========================

Recently our local newspaper said that half of the NG will be leaving the border area here in SW AZ. No mention of them going to NM or TX and we still have many, many miles of border not covered by fences, towers, etc.

We are adding BP, slowly but it is getting better.

There is a book called "The Devil's Highway" by Luis Alberto Urrea is a fantastic read. This book is strictly about why some of the Mexicans are attempting to come to the US. This book allowed me to look at what in the world could encourage someone/anyone to try and cross our desert to get into the US. This book is NOT about drug smuggling or gangs (other than the gangs of two footed coyotes who "lead" the people to the US from small Mexican areas). Urrea discusses the Wellton 13 - where 13 out of perhaps 30 walkers had died because the coyote led them the wrong way.

Although the book did not change my mind about illegals entering our country, he did explain the whole picture from at least four to five sides.

Our BP here in our County has alread apprehended 68,000+ just this year. On our roads, working in the fields, dying in the desert, etc.

Many "Mexicans" are not Mexican but from Iraq, fluent in Spanish and pay up to $50,000 to get across. Where small missions have closed, Muslems are opening the missions and turning them into mosques. They teach the Koran (sp?). The children become fluent in Arabic and could possibly grow up to be suicide bombers in the future. Absolutely we need something done.

The BP agents are being threatened with gunfire and rocks any anything else that can be used as a weapon - when they are trying to get drugs across. High grade heroin - not grown in Mexico - Meth - Marijuana by the truck loads. These are the people you have to be very careful around.

If they make it across to work, especially in our farming area, they work and generally make sure they have children in the US. They get temporary passes to come to the US to work or vacation, etc., they just never return to Mexico. They work hard and many, many hours, so many hours that their children do not have the closer family contact and the kids turn to gangs. It's a crazy circle.

JMOO
Thanks for all of the information Marstan. They use to return home every year, as they came here to do seasonal work. After the 1986 amnesty provided by Reagan, those who have come here since, have mostly come to stay, thinking that another amnesty was in their future. To say it has gotten out of hand would be a gross understatement. There are somewhere between 12 and 30 million illegal immigrants in the U.S. Just yesterday, a friend, who travels to Mexico frequently said that his friends know of Persian families in Mexico, and the U.S., who are involved in smuggling other Persians into the U.S. So all nationalities are being smuggled through Mexico into the U.S.. It's a very serious situation, and the only way to deal with it is to enforce the current immigration laws, and keep adding enforcement to force them out of the woodwork, out into the open, and then force them out of the country. The anchor baby law needs to be rescinded.

With the new Homeland Security Spending Bill, once Bush's expected veto gets overridden, you should see lots of action at the border, because the necessary monies will have been appropriated for 700 miles of border fence, 300 miles of vehicle barriers, 105 camera towers, 45,000 detention beds, and 32,000 border patrol agents.

In the meantime, let your Senators, and Representatives, know how you feel about illegal aliens, and especially about NO Amnesty. Instead, they need to set up a very large registered Temporary Work program. This will then be a WIN/WIN for Mexicans, and Americans, both.

OutsourceCongress.org
US Capitol toll free 877-851-6437 or
866-220-0044
866-340-9281
800-417-7666
http://www.outsourcecongress.org/outsource/congress/schstaffers.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics