Identified! MO - St. Louis - Male, July 2007 - Douglas Dick

MissieMt

Reaction score
This guy was found a few towns over from us:
http://www.sunherald.com/201/story/105584.html

IMO something is very wrong here.

Police are seeking the identity of a man who was found dead by a swimming pool after suffering head trauma in a suburban area of the city Monday night.
snip
Forensic pathologist Dr. Paul McGarry and Hancock County Cororner Norma Stiglet also went to the scene. They concluded there was no sign of foul play, and the man died of accidental causes

It is strange. There was a spider tattoo on someone else LE was looking for. Hmmm...where and who was that? Great...now I have to think. I remember thinking at the time it was an odd tat for someone to have and why I guess I remember it.

It just borhters me that they were so quick to say there was no foul play, but I guess they know more than we do. I don't understand how the people in the home didn't know he was there. Maybe a transient would sneak into someones yard and take a dip in their pool, but it doesn't say in the article that they think he was a transient.

That is very strange! So the guy renting the house was home and didn't know there was a dead man by his pool? Sounds odd to me, but I guess LE is buying it.

i don't understand it either. They haven't explained why the man was in the back yard, or why the person living there didn't know he was there, and in the previous article it said the person living there didn't go outside to see the body once it had been discovered. I think I would have gone to at least glance out of sheer curiosity, unless of course-I already knew who it was and why they were there.
I think they had misspelled his name because I read an obituary today for "Douglas Vick".
http://www.legacy.com/sunherald/DeathNotices.asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonId=91572378

The victim Vick was at 3rd Base Lounge when 2-guys came in named Mark Monica and Tommy. The lounge owner has given a video tape to police. Vick had $2000 in his pocket when he left the bar with Tommy and Mark. When police found the body he had no money and his pockets were turned out. A witness saw Mark's older model nissan 280-Z leave the scene in a hurry then saw them throw something out of the window when they turned the corner. The next day police found Vick's I.D. in the ditch. It sounds like a robery-murder to me.

Bay Saint Louis has impounded Mark's car but then they released Mark. I don't understand why they don't have him locked up and why a massive search is not going on for the other guy named Tommy.

Welcome wellheadman! Where did you learn all of this info-if you don't mind me asking? As far as the police releasing him, they may not have enough to prosecute-yet, but give them time and hopefully justice will be served.

The guy next door was cutting his grass and saw the victim slumped in the chair. The back of his head was bashed in and he bled out. The 2-guys with him know a painter who was painting the inside of my house. He may have told them I was out of town so they came over to go swimming.

Wow, I bet that scared your neighbor. I'm just glad they know who did it. Have they picked the other guy up yet, is Mark still out?

Oh that's just awful for you-and his family!! Weren't there tenants in the home? I recall reading somewhere that the people who were living in the home didn't know the guy, and didn't know he was out there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back