Deceased/Not Found AL - Zarial Lewis-Farris, 4 wks, Prichard, 2007 *G. Lewis guilty*

chicoliving

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Stunning details in case of local missing newborn

The baby’s mother, 18-year-old Geretha Lewis, told police she put the baby up for adoption and destroyed the paperwork to forget about the experience. Lewis identified the adoption agency as Agape, a Christian company which offers adoption services.

“We have no record of it,” Buddy Renahan, social services supervisor for Agape of Central Alabama said. Renahan said he personally oversees all adoption cases in South Alabama, adding Agape services 45 counties in the state.

http://www.nbc15online.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=19beab12-96d6-4273-b154-34b4b79b5a88

LE is getting assist/resources from FBI. 4 week old still missing. Won't/unable to answer if this was a legit adoption agency. Primary concern is to get this 4 week old home. Following every lead they get. The mom was to meet the adoption people yesterday or the day before to get the baby back.

Somehow, I have doubts about the mother. Sad, but it wouldn't be the first time. It's her story about destroying the paperwork that raises my hinky meter. The adoption agency seems legit.

Somehow, I have doubts about the mother. Sad, but it wouldn't be the first time. It's her story about destroying the paperwork that raises my hinky meter. The adoption agency seems legit.

Except the adoption agency has no record of this adoption....the office workers don't match the mom's description. Kinda sounds like duo portrayed themselves as being part of this legit agency and when asked to return the baby as mom had changed her mind they agreed to it but then failed to meet with mom for the hand over. It's hinky.

Its a toss up and right now I think I'm more concerned that there may be a person or persons out there doing illegal adoptions. Of course, this may be the best case scenario considering the other options.

Yeah, that's the other option.....she changed her mind about the adoption after talking with her mom.

This is very confusing. I agree with you chico, there are only a few possibilities with this one. Maybe the girl did put the baby up for adoption and the agency was doing something that made them feel they couldn't give the baby back, but thats tough to believe since Mom has no proof of the adoption. Or maybe Mom was not such a good person and did not so good things...

I hope she did not harm this baby, my guess would be at 18 she would cave and tell what she has done with LE and the FBI involved and putting pressure on her. Usually at that age they aren't able to handle that kind of pressure if they are lying it will come out in the form of a breakdown. If she did harm the baby she's using the adoption story so her mom won't be mad at her since it was her mom who was pushing her to find out where her granddaughter was. If she truly did hand her baby over to someone claiming to be the adoption agency it should be relatively easy to prove that she called someone by phone records, which it seems that LE is trying to obtain from the statements in the video. I just hope the baby is okay and they find her soon. Like the detective said whoever has her (if that is the case) had a 4 day head start. I hope the truth comes out soon. This girl needs to tell the whole truth now so they know exactly what is going on. One thing I didn't like was the way she would not look at the camera when she spoke during the interview - my hinky meter was going off with her body language but I hope I'm wrong.....maybe it's that she gave the baby to someone she knew wasn't an adoption agency but it seemed she knew more than she was saying. She kept looking at the ground when she answered.

I truly hope this mom didn't do something to her baby and is trying to blame a legit agency. It sounds like her family knew she was pregnant and wanted answers once it was obvious that the baby had been born.

~snip~

"I think the child is in grave danger." Mobile County District Attorney John Tyson says authorities, including the FBI, are chasing every lead they have.

They're looking at phone records. USA Children's and Women's hospital says surveillance video of the parking lot has been made available to investigators. That's where Geretha says she met the two women who took the baby. "If I could go back in time to Friday I would have never given her up." That's the last time anyone saw Zaria.

Until she sees her again, Geretha says she can't worry about the possibility of the investigation turning towards her. She's too worried about her daughter. "I just want her to come home."

http://www.nbc15online.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=94bff2e7-5f71-4ab4-a740-5b834adff1f7

She met these women in a parking lot, signed papers and handed her baby over? I know she's only 18, but WTH?

This is all still so confusing. I'm very sad for Zarial. I hope this one doesn't have a bad ending :(

The investigation surrounding a missing baby has taken a turn, from phone records and surveillance videos, to the mother's neighborhood. Police and the FBI have set up a trailer as a local command center at the entrance to the neighborhood. They have roped off about a block surrounding that command center and a nearby pool of water.

In that water, it is evident someone has lifted a manhole on a concrete slab which can be seen, and they've put down a makeshift bridge to get to it. That's one focus, there are many others.

http://www.nbc15online.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=9f5ed7db-d792-4c43-93b2-351d406c8ee7

I guess it was just the same ole mom kills baby story. Kind of a relief to know there isn't a gang of adoption imposters involved. Hopefully she'll be charged to the fullest extent. Poor baby, got a brief chance at life until it was decided 4 weeks was enough. damn

I hate it when my hinky meter is right. Her story made NO sense. This poor baby. She wasted LE time that could have been spent on real missing children cases.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back