1279 users online (283 members and 996 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NY - Man ties Pit Bull to a tree and sets him on fire

GRAPHIC PHOTOS!! Thanks Sadie

http://www.courttv.com/news/2007/0724/maximus_ctv.html

A Long Island man who allegedly confessed to setting his pit bull on fire for attacking another dog pleaded not guilty to aggravated animal cruelty Tuesday.
    Suffolk County police say Derick Phanord, 22, confessed to chaining his pit bull to a tree, dousing him with gasoline and setting him on fire after he attacked a puppy in Phanord's home.

http://wcbstv.com/watercooler/local_...205090214.html( thanks Dark shadows!)

The dog, a pit bull called Maximus by his rescuers, died last week after three surgeries. Authorities said he smelled of gasoline when he was found, severely injured, on July 12.

A warning to anyone going the link...the photos are GRAPHIC! I have seen abused dogs before, but nothing like this. I just wanted to cry for this poor dog.

Quote Originally Posted by SadieMae View Post
    A warning to anyone going the link...the photos are GRAPHIC! I have seen abused dogs before, but nothing like this. I just wanted to cry for this poor dog.
    Very sad indeed. Heres another sad part, he only faces 2 years!! When will we get tougher laws and lock these crazy people up. We all know where animal abuse usually leads to.

Thanks for adding the warning!

Quote Originally Posted by SadieMae View Post
    Thanks for the warning, SadieMae.

I wish we could do the same thing to this guy. How can you do this to an animal or a person? I just don't get it.

That poor baby. What a horror story.

People are nuts I swear. How can you be so cruel.

Burning kittens, burning puppies. What is our world coming to!

awful

This is as bad as the case of the teens burning the cat. Maybe we need chain gangs building our roads for such behavior.

Los Angeles, CA - I'm officially a "Valley Girl"
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy Gal View Post
    Very sad indeed. Heres another sad part, he only faces 2 years!! When will we get tougher laws and lock these crazy people up. We all know where animal abuse usually leads to.

I agree. This behavior will not change until there are severe laws in place. People need to be punished with some heavy duty jail time, fines, probation, etc. Not to mention, a little bit of education about animals. Some people need to be taught that animals aren't just disposable property that can be treated however you wish.

They hauled these two women off to jail yesterday. Nothing nearly as bad but deplorable conditions.

>>Three people were arrested on suspicion of animal cruelty after Riverside County Animal Services officials uncovered a dog breeding and hoarding operation with 90 dogs in Mead Valley on Thursday.

Some of the smaller dogs were emaciated and living amid their own excrement with little or no water in small portable kennels stacked inside a deteriorating wood and metal barn with a temperature of 114 degrees at 11 a.m., Animal Services Sgt. Nicky Wapner said.

"They're suffering from neglect," she said. "A lot of the dogs were starved, dehydrated and weak just from the heat out here."<<

http://www.pet-abuse.com/cases/11838/CA/US/

From 40 to 45 Great Danes were among the 90 dogs found on the property, located off Markham Street a few blocks west of Wood Road. Many of them looked healthy but were kept in chain-link pens about 6 feet by 10 feet. Plastic doghouses were inside some pens.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Gal View Post

I have no idea. This is a serious act, and people do not seem to get it, do they?
    Even slaughterhouses cannot torture animals, they must kill humanely as possible. Yet we allow people to abuse and completely touture their "pets."
    This man is a nut, and should be in jail.

PS...those women are disgusting too. It sounds like a small puppymill.
    Whatever you do, do not ever buy a puppy from a pet shop or pet cottage.

Thanks for the all the warnings everyone. I'm not going to open the link.

Is this man a nutjob???????? What the hell kind of punishment is that?????? That poor dog.

What is wrong with people?

I don't know what's wrong with people, I honesly only come here once in awhile because I cannot take all these stories.

Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    They hauled these two women off to jail yesterday. Nothing nearly as bad but deplorable conditions.

>>Three people were arrested on suspicion of animal cruelty after Riverside County Animal Services officials uncovered a dog breeding and hoarding operation with 90 dogs in Mead Valley on Thursday.

Some of the smaller dogs were emaciated and living amid their own excrement with little or no water in small portable kennels stacked inside a deteriorating wood and metal barn with a temperature of 114 degrees at 11 a.m., Animal Services Sgt. Nicky Wapner said.

"They're suffering from neglect," she said. "A lot of the dogs were starved, dehydrated and weak just from the heat out here."<<

From 40 to 45 Great Danes were among the 90 dogs found on the property, located off Markham Street a few blocks west of Wood Road. Many of them looked healthy but were kept in chain-link pens about 6 feet by 10 feet. Plastic doghouses were inside some pens.
    Thanks Jelly!
    I can only imagine what this will do to Sadie.

Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post

Just reminds me why I never will BUY a pet. Most of those cute puppies in pet stores come from these deplorable backyard breeders. The animals almost always live in horrid conditions described in the story.

I know the Dane rescues in the area will be flooded with these poor dogs. Unfortunately some will not be adoptable & put down.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast