1079 users online (227 members and 852 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Marie is offline Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?

NZ - Nia Glassie, 3, tortured & beaten to death, Rotorua, 3 Aug 2007

Fifth person charged over abuse of girl, 3

A fifth person has been charged over the brutal abuse of a 3-year-old girl, who remains in a drug induced coma in Auckland's Starship Hospital.
    Today police said the toddler may have permanent brain damage after three weeks of horrific abuse at her Rotorua home.

The Daily Post reported today that the the girl was allegedly tied to a clothesline and spun around, put in a cold bath and then in a tumble dryer.
    Detective Senior Sergeant Mark Loper said the extent of the injuries would not be known for some time, and brain damage was a possibility.

"She is still dangerously ill but the injuries are no longer life threatening."
    Mr Loper said the little girl came very close to dying and the abuse was about as serious as it could get.

"It is really serious. The poor little thing has nearly died. The abuse is not a one-off or doesn't appear to be a one-off. It is very serious."

God Bless that poor little girl.

oh my goodness, this is unimaginable.
    My heart just breaks for these innocents little ones who come face to face
    with such evil.
    IMHO

What the flying flip is wrong with people?

Global warming needs to just go ahead and cause another ice age or a comet needs to hit so a new poplulation can start fresh -- may this time with some actual intelligence.

I just dont understand how anyone could do this to a kid. Poor little baby.

This made me sick to my stomach.

It makes me wonder, how intelligent/drug addled are these people?! It's as if they really do think that you can act like cartoons in realy life! The stupid is LETHAL!!! I think that once convicted of the crime, the judge should say "They've shown themselves to be a clear danger to society, so therefore they will never be in society again."

FIVE adults against one little tiny 3 year old girl?????? Are they are insane!!
    They probably thought it was real funny when they were doing all of those things to that baby. Not even one in the crowd with any brains. Yes, they should be locked up forever. How evil could they get!

I hope that baby doesn't have brain damage. Things must have been done to her that they aren't even printing in the paper. I also hope that when she is released from the hospital that she has somewhere to go with people that will love her and make her feel secure.

I would gladly take her. That poor baby, I hope that she recovers. I don't know why people like that are allowed to live and be parasites to society. Dig a big pit and dump them all in there.
    Happy New Years

Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    Fifth person charged over abuse of girl, 3

A fifth person has been charged over the brutal abuse of a 3-year-old girl, who remains in a drug induced coma in Auckland's Starship Hospital.
    Today police said the toddler may have permanent brain damage after three weeks of horrific abuse at her Rotorua home.

The Daily Post reported today that the the girl was allegedly tied to a clothesline and spun around, put in a cold bath and then in a tumble dryer.
    Detective Senior Sergeant Mark Loper said the extent of the injuries would not be known for some time, and brain damage was a possibility.

"She is still dangerously ill but the injuries are no longer life threatening."
    Mr Loper said the little girl came very close to dying and the abuse was about as serious as it could get.

"It is really serious. The poor little thing has nearly died. The abuse is not a one-off or doesn't appear to be a one-off. It is very serious."
    I don't understand why this and many other cases of "child abuse" isn't charged as attempted murder?

Marie is offline Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    I don't understand why this and many other cases of "child abuse" isn't charged as attempted murder?
    I don't understand either. Imho, if you abuse a child in this manner then you are trying to kill them, or at least aware that your actions may result in death. It seems that, in they 'system', if you're related to your victim then the charges and punishment are much more lenient. Beat your child, it's abuse. Beat a stranger at a bar and it's attempted murder.

My God! 5 of them and not one with any kind of a conscience? How could they have got to the stage where they all agreed this was okay to do?

Quote Originally Posted by missacorah View Post
    My God! 5 of them and not one with any kind of a conscience? How could they have got to the stage where they all agreed this was okay to do?
    i keep thinking the same thing. i always wonder how 2 sickos meet marry and reproduce. but omg 5...

Exactly I mean they must have conversations of this nature before they do these kinds of things to almost let each other know that they deem it acceptable.

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    3 page article with many more details and a picture of the poor little girl:

Tot's injuries due to a fall, says mother

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/...ectid=10454501

This amounts to nothing short of torture. They were practising wrestling moves on her, leaving her on the roof, making her stay outside in freezing weather and on and on. I don't know how the mother would not know even though she was gone during the day picking kiwi fruit.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast