772 users online (120 members and 652 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

AR - Cops: Man, 93, Shoots Violent Robber

EL DORADO, Ark. (AP) -- An elderly man beaten unconscious by an assailant wielding a soda can awoke and shot the man during an attempted robbery, police said.
    Willie Lee Hill, 93, told police he saw the robber while in his bedroom Wednesday night. Hill confronted the man and was struck at least 50 times, police said. He was knocked unconscious.
    Covered in blood, Hill regained consciousness a short time later and pulled a .38-caliber handgun on his attacker. The suspect, Douglas B. Williams Jr., saw the gun and charged the man, who fired a bullet that struck Williams in the throat, police said.
    When police arrived, officers said Williams told them, "I can't feel my legs and I got what I deserved."
    Paramedics took Hill and Williams to the Medical Center of South Arkansas for treatment. Doctors sent Williams to the Louisiana State University Medical Center at Shreveport, where he was listed in critical condition Friday.
    Police said Williams, 24, suffered at least temporary paralysis from the gunshot wound. Officers said Friday he would remain at the hospital indefinitely.
    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...TAM&SECTION=US

He got what he deserved!! No kidding. LOL

Ditto Marstan !
    I hope more victims start doing the same thing. As it stands, we are taught to just stay calm and hand everything over to the criminal...yet they still cause harm, death. Time for more to fight back. I applaud Mr. Hill, and hope he continues to have a good and peaceful life.

Good for him! I hope the elderly man makes a complete recovery. He should be proud of himself.