Gangs Spreading In The Military

Marie

Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?
Reaction score
Exclusive: Gangs Spreading In The Military

CBS News Talks To The Family Of A U.S. Soldier Killed In Gang Initiation

Evidence of gang culture and gang activity in the military is increasing so much an FBI report calls it "a threat to law enforcement and national security." The signs are chilling: Marines in gang attire on Paris Island; paratroopers flashing gang hand signs at a nightclub near Ft. Bragg; infantrymen showing-off gang tattoos at Ft. Hood.

Gang activity clues are appearing in Iraq and Afghanistan, too. Gang graffiti is sprayed on blast walls – even on Humvees. Kilroy – the doodle made famous by U.S. soldiers in World War II – is here, but so is the star emblem of the Gangster Disciples.

The rise in gang activity coincides with the increase in recruits with records. Since 2003, 125,000 recruits with criminal histories have been granted what are known as "moral waivers" for felonies including robbery and assault.

If this is happening....then the military sure has gone to H*L*! If a humvee is vandalized by a soldier....normally that soldier is going to be disciplined!.Theres something seriously wrong here!!!

WildTrose this IS happening in the military. There is always some gang graffitti on buildings here. Never saw this before. It's spreading in the city here. They are bringing their influences from all the major gang cities to little Killeen...where the worlds largest army base is located...Fort Hood. There have many arrests for drug dealing, and a few murders that were determined to be gang related, and the perps were active military.

The military should be their gang. This sucks. I hope someone can put a stop to this.

Americans should be worried--the military/the War In Iraq, are being used as a source of weapons training for many gang members.

Not just a source of weapon training, a source of weapons and armor! This scares the everloving cr* out of me.

WildTrose this IS happening in the military. There is always some gang graffitti on buildings here. Never saw this before. It's spreading in the city here. They are bringing their influences from all the major gang cities to little Killeen...where the worlds largest army base is located...Fort Hood. There have many arrests for drug dealing, and a few murders that were determined to be gang related, and the perps were active military.

That scares the Cr@p out of me. Our military that has for the most part represented the best and finest in America getting corrupted by gang members--something needs to be done about this!

That scares the Cr@p out of me. Our military that has for the most part represented the best and finest in America getting corrupted by gang members--something needs to be done about this!
They keep lowering the requirements for enlistees. Felonies aren't a big no-no anymore. Served time, no problem.

They keep lowering the requirements for enlistees. Felonies aren't a big no-no anymore. Served time, no problem.

I hope that isn't true. I was showing property today and saw signs of MS-13 and told my client we are outta there. If I can identify the signs than LE should be able to as well. Crime is bad in the military as well as elsewhere.More citizens concerned will go a long way. Just figure how many are elected vs. appointed and go with that flow.

Michael Vick isn't getting a free pass since so many have voiced their opinions.

Dear sweet Buzz,:blowkiss:
I used this article in gang training last year;
U.S. is recruiting misfits for army Felons, racists gang members fill in the ranks
I used this artilce from 2005;
Gangs Using Military For Training, Experts Say

:laugh:
Originally Posted by the Military said:
Military Says Gang Members Weeded Out
POSTED: 7:56 pm PST November 4, 2005
UPDATED: 10:00 pm PST November 4, 2005

All of my Love and Respect to you,
dark_shadows

I hope that isn't true. I was showing property today and saw signs of MS-13 and told my client we are outta there. If I can identify the signs than LE should be able to as well. Crime is bad in the military as well as elsewhere.More citizens concerned will go a long way. Just figure how many are elected vs. appointed and go with that flow.

Michael Vick isn't getting a free pass since so many have voiced their opinions.

What are the signs? I'd like to be able to see the signs in my neighborhood or town if possible. I know that some of the guys have tatoos all over them.

I can say this is SO true!!! My 20 year old son is over in Iraq on his 2nd deployment. When he was 17 he decided he wanted to join, at the time we lived in a small town he was working at mcdonalds and neither of us saw much employment oppurtunity for him in the future so I signed the paper for him to enlist.
He failed the drug test....the recruiter told him how to clear it out of his system and retake it on Monday, that was on Friday. I should also ad that at the bbeginning of the month they told him they would have to wait for an opening before they could take him, they took him towards the end of the month.
They have a quota they have to fill each month, at the end of the month they will take who ever just to make that quoa!
My son has said there are men over there that is borderline mentally challenged, I bet if a study was done you would find they were enlisted at the end of the month.
I say ok if they know they are gang members, or dangerous felonies, send them to Iraq and let kids lke my son come home.

my son had been hooked on crack when he was 16, I thought he had stopped after rehab, so when he failed I was surprised and diappointed, so the only good out of hs being in the military is he is drug free for now. of course now he is drinks the lesser of two evils?

wildTrose,

I'm not sure which is worse between drinking and drugs. If he doesn't drink and drive, at least drinking is legal after a certain age.

Very interesting that the recruiter knew what to tell him to do to pass the test on Monday and that he was recruited at the end of the month.

This whole gang thing with the military is scary.

I lived in Beaufort, where Paris Island and the Marine base are and i have not seen any graffiti or Marines wearing gang attire. This is within the past 3 months also. Everything looked perfectly normal to me. Maybe there is a rise in isolated incidents, nowhere near an epidemic, though.
Sometimes we need to look on the bright side of things; the armed services may be recruiting individuals with records, however they may straighten out in the long run.
The chance is more likely they straighten out; and hopefully the few bad apples don't ruin it for the rest.
God bless our troops.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb