GUILTY OH - Darian Polk, 28, shot to death, GF abducted, Barberton, 28 July 2007

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=71872

Barberton police are looking for the mother of two children after they were found home alone with a dead body.
Barberton police responded to a home on Illinois Place around 12:45 p.m. Saturday afternoon.

Inside, they found the body of 34-year-old Darion Polk, who had been shot.

The two children were also found inside the home, and no other adults were there.

Police believe the children's mother, 32-year-old Tamara Hughes may have been abducted from the home, by 34-year-old Cameron Williams.

Do we know the man is actually the children's father? Or was he a stepfather or a boyfriend perhaps? It only says her husband.

Another horrible case. LE is going to be very close to vest on this one it appears. If it were homicides then an abduction of the mother...I think they would be releasing that information.

May they rest in peace and the family find the answers they need to move on from this senseless tragedy.

How bizarre! I hope the mother wasn't in on this. At least they spared the children.

So is the mother still missing or did they find her? I couldn't tell.

It sounds like they caught the two they were looking for, which is the man and the mother, in my opinion. The article wasn't very clear, was it? I'll try to catch it on the news tonight.

I can't imagine a mom leaving her two children behind like that. I'm hoping she wasn't part of it....

The 11:00 news didn't elaborate as to why the mother was arrested. They did say the children are with family members.

I heard briefly that the mother had been taken as hostage and escaped from the murderer. She led LE to where the murderer was hiding out.

I can't find any updated article about this on the websites, and wasn't listening to the TV enough to get the details. The man killed was her current husband, and I think they said the murderer was the ex.

:(

From March 2008:

http://www.ohio.com/news/killer-sentenced-to-life-1.89857

Cameron Darnell Williams was sentenced Monday to 69 years in prison for the slaying of Darian Polk... The Akron man, now 35, was convicted last month of 10 crimes — including kidnapping, aggravated burglary and various gun specifications...

Hunter stressed in her decision that she found Williams had a ''pathological obsession'' and ''a need to control and possess'' his ex-wife, with whom he had an on-off relationship for years.

Recalling a meeting Williams had with his parole officer after his arrest in the fatal shooting, the judge noted that Williams said he would ''do it again. Nobody's going to be with her.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100
Back