1951 users online (341 members and 1610 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eye Witness News Star Dies.

I just heard on the news that Marvin Zindler died today.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_Zindler

Never heard of him, but it seems I missed a lot! He sounded like a great reporter with quite a flair! RIP Marvin Zindler!
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Marvin was certainly a colorful character and quite a humanitarian.
    May he rest in peace.

never heard of him

I've never heard of him either. Was he a local news reporter or did he report news nationwide?

May he rest in peace.

And now...for the BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG BIG story!!

SLIME IN THE ICE MACHINE!!!!

yep, he will be missed!

He was well known around Houston; helped close down the "Chicken Ranch" in La Grange, Tx.

For those of us in Houston... Marvin was a staple.... he will be greatly missed...

Quote Originally Posted by philamena View Post
    I've never heard of him either. Was he a local news reporter or did he report news nationwide?

May he rest in peace.
    He was big in the Houston area. Most everyone in and around the Houston area will know who he was. He closed down the famous Chicken Ranch.

Quote Originally Posted by sissy's mom View Post
    For those of us in Houston... Marvin was a staple.... he will be greatly missed...
    Yeah...he really will.

RIP Marvin.

Quote Originally Posted by deandaniellws View Post
    He was big in the Houston area. Most everyone in and around the Houston area will know who he was. He closed down the famous Chicken Ranch.
    Nowwwwwww I remember who he is.
    I just finished reading an article about him. He must have been a character. What a wonderfully long, fulfilling career he must have had.

Quote Originally Posted by sissy's mom View Post
    I really will miss Marvin, he helped many people in need---PLUS he kept an eye on the restaurants and ice machines!!!

I read an article not too long ago about his plastic surgeon and the relationship they developed over the years, interesting reading. I can't remember how many times he had face lifts, but there were a few. The article also touched upon Marvin's contract with the news channel here in Houston--he had a job for life!! Good for Marvin.

RIP, Marvin. August 10, 1921 - July 29, 2007.

I didn't know that Marvin had cancer.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl//5009880.html

Channel 13's Marvin Zindler dies at 85

Marvin Zindler, a Houston institution for more than three decades and a pioneer of consumer reporting, died Sunday at M.D. Anderson Hospital after a fight with cancer.

The irascible, flamboyant 85-year-old television personality had been diagnosed in July with inoperable pancreatic cancer that spread to his liver.

Even in his last days, Zindler continued to work, filing reports from his hospital bed. In his last report, broadcast Saturday, in which he helped a 45-year-old U.S. citizen secure a Social Security card necessary for employment, Zindler appeared thin and his voice was weak. Still, he signed off with a hearty "MAARVIN ZINDLER, eyewitness news" — his trademark for 34 years with KTRK Channel 13.

"Marvin Zindler was unique," said Dave Ward, the station's longtime anchor and one of the people responsible for Zindler being on the air. "There's never been anyone who lived life more than this man or who wanted to do more than this man. This is a personal loss to me and to everyone at this station — and to every man, woman and child, really, who lives in Southeast Texas."

Channel 13 interrupted its regular lineup Sunday at 8 p.m. to announce Zindler's death, with Ward calling him "a legend in Houston television who will never be forgotten." (More at link)

Oh, and the article does mention the "Rat and Roach Report"!!! I always paid attention to that.
    Last edited by Jean; 07-30-2007 at 02:24 AM. Reason: To add information from the Houston Chronicle

I use to get a kick out of him when I lived in Houston....Sorry to hear the news!!!

He was quite a character!!! I grew up in Houston & I feel like part of my childhood has died with him...

MARVIN Zindler EYE Witness News - after all these years (nearly 20 since I moved North), I can still hear this one in my head! And this one -

SLIIIIIME In the Ice Machine !

And of course - The man who shut down the Best Little Whorehouse in Texas...

He was a colorful personality who probably could only have made it as big as he did in a place like Houston....

I know who he is due to family in texas area, Here is an article looking back at his story with the chicken ranch if anyone's interested.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...nfo&id=3300910

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast