MO - Kyle Lueckenotte, 9, shot to death, St Martins, 28 July 2007

bnhall

Former Member
Reaction score
"The Cole County Sheriff's Department and Jefferson City Police responded to the homicide call just before 5:00 a.m. Saturday.
When they arrived on the scene, they discovered a nine year old boy dead in the kitchen. "

"According to a probable cause statement, Lueckenotte's 16 year old son awakened to screams from his nine year old brother. When he went downstairs to help his brother, his dad pointed a rifle at him. The 16 year old later forced the rifle away from Lueckenotte and broke it. He then loaded his own rifle in his room to protect himself, and then called 911."

http://www.komu.com/satellite/Satel...4c70b769/0fcf53e7-c0a8-2f11-0008-b49094fcb9c6

This is right in my area. There have been a lot of weird crimes here lately, like the woman who set her baby on fire. I'm starting to worry about my community.

Poor little guy.

The 16 year old has his own rifle? What the deuce?

I would like to know where the mother was while all this was happening. Was the man raising the two boys alone?

Maybe that 16 year old needs his own rifle in that household.

The 16 year old has his own rifle? What the deuce?

In Missouri?? As in many other states where hunting is the norm, I am sure many teens have their own rifles and shotguns.

In Missouri?? As in many other states where hunting is the norm, I am sure many teens have their own rifles and shotguns.

If this teen didn't have a gun, he would have been murdered too.

BNhall if I were you I would start drinking bottled water! Yikes.

Poor little brave boy, trying to help his brother.

Hi again, bnhall. This is getting scary, huh!

I live about two miles from this one. I used to car pool to work with another lady who lived on that street (Kaylor Bridge Rd).

I should have posted something yesterday.... but I'm still taking it all in.

The 16 year old son that got the gun away from his dad is in my daughter's yearbook. She is a year behind him in school.

I did a CaseNet search and found that there are NO civil suits against him, so finances should not have been a motive. He works for the city and must have a stable job since they have been homeowners for 12+ years.

Added to that- no alcohol or drugs were found.

I just don't understand it at all.

Let me pose a question- are they sure the father did it and not the 16-year-old?

The father has admitted it, but of course there were no other witnesses.

If you look on CaseNet though, their mother did have a restraining order against him on behalf of her and both boys, in 2004.

Our local papers are saying that the custody was joint, physical and legal. They did appear to spend a bit more time with their dad, but that is not really unusual since they are boys.

Another article, same info: http://www.showmenews.com/2007/Jul/20070730News006.asp

Calikid- I've been thinking about your question. We've seen and heard of so many strange things happening, that I understand why you would ask.

But... if the father was innocent, I do not think that he would cover for the son knowing that the son was placed with other family members. No matter how much he wanted to protect the son, I can't see him putting other family members into danger. So I believe the father was truthful in his confession of shooting the 9 year old boy.

Thanks Jodi. I agree. If the teenager had killed his brother, no loving parent would want to place family at risk.

Thanks Jodi. I agree. If the teenager had killed his brother, no loving parent would want to place family at risk.

I have no reason to believe the father's confession is false. But family members lie for one another all the time.

No word on a motive?
How senseless, my prayers to the family.

Most of these horrible crimes make no sense, but we can at least blame a lot of them on drugs and/or alcohol. Apparently, that wasn't the case with this crime, so I can't understand it.

Most of these horrible crimes make no sense, but we can at least blame a lot of them on drugs and/or alcohol. Apparently, that wasn't the case with this crime, so I can't understand it.

I think there's a strong chance that mental illness is at play. That too factors into much of the brutality we read about here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv
Back