722 users online (115 members and 607 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

NY - Eric Goodridge, 55, mutilated & murdered, Queens, 28 July 2007

"Cops investigating the twisted slaying of Eric Goodridge, 55, believe stepdaughter Brigitte Harris, 26, cut off his penis to exact revenge for alleged sex abuse when she was a girl, law enforcement officials said yesterday."

Apparently, the sexual abuse happened two decades ago. LE were in the process of looking for Brigitte when she checked herself into a mental hospital.

Wow, what a story.
    If Brigitte was abused as a child, I feel sorry for her. But what she did to her stepfather was horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Squishified View Post
    Wow, what a story.
    If Brigitte was abused as a child, I feel sorry for her. But what she did to her stepfather was horrible.

Not as horrible as having a grown man molesting you and you being totally defenseless.

Quote Originally Posted by Socks View Post
    Not as horrible as having a grown man molesting you and you being totally defenseless.
    Hi, Socks
    I understand where you're coming from, but this type of vigilante justice scares me a little.

Truthful Lies is offline "Life shrinks and expands in proportion to one's courage" ~ Anas Nin
    Hear, hear!

If the abuse occurred, then I have no problem with what she did, and I hope now the guy is dead, she is able to work all this out and get on with her life. I realize this is harsh, but I have no sympathy at all for anyone who would destroy a young child's life just to get their rocks off.

Quote Originally Posted by Squishified View Post
    Hi, Socks
    I understand where you're coming from, but this type of vigilante justice scares me a little.
    I understand where you're coming from, but IMO it's vigilante justice when, say, a couple of her friends without her knowledge went and did this. This case to me is nothing more than a victim finally able to defend herself. Although I would never have chosen this road.

Hey, all!
    I didn't mean to offend anyone.
    Of course I detest child molesters. I just don't like the idea of victims plotting revenge 20 years later.
    I am glad this man can no longer hurt children. I disagree with the way it was done.

I don't think you offended anyone. It's called having an opinion, and each is entitled to their own, and they are bound to be different. Don't worry!

Quote Originally Posted by JanetElaine View Post
    I don't think you offended anyone. It's called having an opinion, and each is entitled to their own, and they are bound to be different. Don't worry!
    Thanks JanetElaine. I'm paranoid about being misunderstood!

I say she gave him a discount, the full payout would have been much worse, but then , it's difficult to mentally torture an adult in our society, not so for a child who has to live with their tormentor.

not only would i find her not guilty, i'd go back and prosecute the father, stick him in jail, and let him pay the price.

~lightwaveryder~

She obviously didn't get the kind of help needed when you've been abused. I'm sorry, but I feel sorry for her. She had a lot of pent up anger inside, directed at the right person, but with the wrong outcome for her.
    Last edited by Taximom; 07-30-2007 at 02:55 PM. Reason: remove comments that he was still alive, d'oh

Taximom, I understood the reports to indicate that she had killed him. Apparently, he was dead when she castrated him. You have to wonder if the reports of past abuse are true, why she chose NOW to seek her revenge? Did some recent event set her off? Did she become aware of current abuse against other children? The rest of the story will be interesting, I am sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Reannan View Post
    Taximom, I understood the reports to indicate that she had killed him. Apparently, he was dead when she castrated him. You have to wonder if the reports of past abuse are true, why she chose NOW to seek her revenge? Did some recent event set her off? Did she become aware of current abuse against other children? The rest of the story will be interesting, I am sure.
    OH you are right. Thanks!

Yes, I think the rest of the story will be interesting. I also wonder if he had other victims.

Wasn't there a Lifetime movie sort of like this? Yikes.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast