1185 users online (231 members and 954 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

WI - Julie Jensen, 40, dies of antifreeze poisoning, Pleasant Prairie, 3 Dec 1998

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/8816477.html[/SIZE]

KENOSHA - Judge Bruce Schroeder must decide what evidence can be used at an upcoming homicide trial. Mark Jensen was charged with killing his wife Julie in 2002, four years after she died in December of 1998.[/SIZE]

This guy has been running around for years. He has the kids and last I heard was living with his girlfriend. About time he is locked away.[/SIZE]

What a *******. Dumb *******.

What I don't understand is Julie suspected that her husband was trying to poison her and even wrote the police department a letter. Why didn't she just leave him? Didn't she have relatives that she could go live with? Did they have children? Perhaps, it was the children that kept her in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by nanandjim View Post
    What I don't understand is Julie suspected that her husband was trying to poison her and even wrote the police department a letter. Why didn't she just leave him? Didn't she have relatives that she could go live with? Did they have children? Perhaps, it was the children that kept her in the house.
    yes they had 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticchic View Post
    http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/8816477.html[/SIZE]

KENOSHA - Judge Bruce Schroeder must decide what evidence can be used at an upcoming homicide trial. Mark Jensen was charged with killing his wife Julie in 2002, four years after she died in December of 1998.[/SIZE]

This guy has been running around for years. He has the kids and last I heard was living with his girlfriend. About time he is locked away.[/SIZE]

I hope that the Pros doesn't have to use the laws of 1998 to charge him with.
    That is what they usually do. They use the laws of the year the murder took place instead of the year that they are prosecuted in.

That is what happened in my daughter's case. The murder took place in 1994 but he wasn't caught until 8 years later. He was prosecuted by the laws of 1994 and only got 27 years for 1st degree murder. What that does is reward the person for being on the run or getting to live his life until he goes to trial.
    I wonder what the sentence would be in his state...Milwaukee... for 1st degree murder by the laws of 1998...anyone know? Hopfully LWOP or the death penalty but I doubt it.

There was no death penalty back then, nor is there one now. He would get life without parole. The trial will be held in Kenosha WI from what I am told. The ex DA will be handling the case.

let's see...

2007 (mid to late 2007 at that)

9 years, and this woman tipped the police that this was going on before she died? i smell a lawsuit after this criminal trial.

why is it that it took 9 years to get this worthless lump in jail ?

~lwr~

KENOSHA, Wis. -- The "other woman" took the stand Tuesday morning in the love triangle that Kenosha police said prompted Mark Jensen to poison his wife with antifreeze, WISN 12 News' reporter Colleen Henry said.

That woman is now Jensen's wife.

http://www.themilwaukeechannel.com/n...207312007&ts=H

The bad thing about all this is the special pros is the ex DA. It's been his only case the past 9 years.

Quote Originally Posted by lightwaveryder View Post
    why is it that it took 9 years to get this worthless lump in jail ?
    ~lwr~
    Welcome to Kenosha, WI. This is my home town. Have I mentioned how much I love it in Southern California???

Does anyone know why Jambois is prosecuting? Is it just because it was his original case?

OK. The nine year delay was due to Julie's note being inadmissable because she was not available for cross-examination.

Here are a couple links from the DOJ regarding appeal process. The wheels of justice churn slow in WI.

http://www.doj.state.wi.us/news/2005/nr031805_AG-2.asp

http://www.doj.state.wi.us/news/2007/nr022307_2_AG.asp

That I guess would also explain why Jambois is prosecuting.

That might be one, but the other was it was a high profile case and he was thinking of running for a judge seat (which he lost in 2004) Now he works for Gov Doyle...Jambois has a few other problems he needs to attend to. Not to mention he is a moron. Yeah you can't cross examine her because he KILLED HER. He should have never been allowed to post bond. Let alone raise the children.
    I remember the guy running around Kenosha thinking he was hot stuff. grrrrr.
    Julz where did you live? I just moved from there.

hmmm, would be an interesting case/trial to watch on ctv, IF they air it....

They won't allow cameras in the Kenosha Courts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticchic View Post
    They won't allow cameras in the Kenosha Courts.
    aahh...ok

And the reason for not wanting cameras is it provides even less witnesses. That town is just gone mad. I just read of another "police assisted suicide" case from there. What that's 6 in the last 18 months?

Mystic check your pm's

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast