GUILTY WI - Julie Jensen, 40, dies of antifreeze poisoning, Pleasant Prairie, 3 Dec 1998 *husband guilty*

Mysticchic

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/8816477.html[/SIZE]

KENOSHA - Judge Bruce Schroeder must decide what evidence can be used at an upcoming homicide trial. Mark Jensen was charged with killing his wife Julie in 2002, four years after she died in December of 1998.[/SIZE]

This guy has been running around for years. He has the kids and last I heard was living with his girlfriend. About time he is locked away.[/SIZE]

What I don't understand is Julie suspected that her husband was trying to poison her and even wrote the police department a letter. Why didn't she just leave him? Didn't she have relatives that she could go live with? Did they have children? Perhaps, it was the children that kept her in the house.

What I don't understand is Julie suspected that her husband was trying to poison her and even wrote the police department a letter. Why didn't she just leave him? Didn't she have relatives that she could go live with? Did they have children? Perhaps, it was the children that kept her in the house.
yes they had 2

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/8816477.html[/SIZE]

KENOSHA - Judge Bruce Schroeder must decide what evidence can be used at an upcoming homicide trial. Mark Jensen was charged with killing his wife Julie in 2002, four years after she died in December of 1998.[/SIZE]

This guy has been running around for years. He has the kids and last I heard was living with his girlfriend. About time he is locked away.[/SIZE]

I hope that the Pros doesn't have to use the laws of 1998 to charge him with.
That is what they usually do. They use the laws of the year the murder took place instead of the year that they are prosecuted in.

That is what happened in my daughter's case. The murder took place in 1994 but he wasn't caught until 8 years later. He was prosecuted by the laws of 1994 and only got 27 years for 1st degree murder. What that does is reward the person for being on the run or getting to live his life until he goes to trial.
I wonder what the sentence would be in his state...Milwaukee... for 1st degree murder by the laws of 1998...anyone know? Hopfully LWOP or the death penalty but I doubt it.

There was no death penalty back then, nor is there one now. He would get life without parole. The trial will be held in Kenosha WI from what I am told. The ex DA will be handling the case.

KENOSHA, Wis. -- The "other woman" took the stand Tuesday morning in the love triangle that Kenosha police said prompted Mark Jensen to poison his wife with antifreeze, WISN 12 News' reporter Colleen Henry said.

That woman is now Jensen's wife.

http://www.themilwaukeechannel.com/...tml=mil_4pm&tmi=mil_4pm_1_04000207312007&ts=H

The bad thing about all this is the special pros is the ex DA. It's been his only case the past 9 years.

That might be one, but the other was it was a high profile case and he was thinking of running for a judge seat (which he lost in 2004) Now he works for Gov Doyle...Jambois has a few other problems he needs to attend to. Not to mention he is a moron. Yeah you can't cross examine her because he KILLED HER. He should have never been allowed to post bond. Let alone raise the children.
I remember the guy running around Kenosha thinking he was hot stuff. grrrrr.
Julz where did you live? I just moved from there.

And the reason for not wanting cameras is it provides even less witnesses. That town is just gone mad. I just read of another "police assisted suicide" case from there. What that's 6 in the last 18 months?

Mystic check your pm's

And the reason for not wanting cameras is it provides even less witnesses. That town is just gone mad. I just read of another "police assisted suicide" case from there. What that's 6 in the last 18 months?

Mystic check your pm's

No I think that is 6 in 42 months. But that was the Kenosha Sheriff's dept. They had one of thier own shot a few months back. He was killed after a traffic stop.
But at least it wasn't in front of the person's mother, sister, children or girlfriends. This time they did have a few hour stand off, instead of shooting a person within 5-10 minutes of arriving on the scene. Oh and this guy had a gun.
And the stuff they come up with to justify the shootings! OMG

More from the hearing
Schoor said David was concerned because his mother was making a heavy wheezing sound as she breathed.

"He told me his mom was sick and his dad wouldn’t take her to the hospital," Schoor testified.

Schoor said his friend's mom died the next day.

Schoor said he continued to frequent the Jensen

http://www.wisn.com/news/13798439/detail.html
Julz you have a PM

In Session is covering this trial today. (CourtTV) I hadn't heard of it before.

(Or maybe it's a recording of the trial since they won't allow cameras in court?) I haven't been able to watch it so I don't know the whole story or if this is LIVE or not.

I hope that the Pros doesn't have to use the laws of 1998 to charge him with.
That is what they usually do. They use the laws of the year the murder took place instead of the year that they are prosecuted in.

I wonder what the sentence would be in his state...Milwaukee... for 1st degree murder by the laws of 1998...anyone know? Hopfully LWOP or the death penalty but I doubt it.

It will be the laws of 1998. WI hasn't had the DP since the 1800's, so that won't happen. A first degree murder conviction, even in 1998, would still be LWOP or at least 25 plus years.

WI also has a slayer statute - if Jensen is convicted, it is likely that he loses rights to his kids and the kids will go to grandparents.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back