Sex offenders in nursing homes targeted in Ohio

JanetElaine

Reaction score
Targeted by a bill, that is. ;)

"State Rep. Courtney Combs, R-Fairfield, is sponsoring a bill that would require nursing homes to disclose the presence of all sex offenders to patients, prospective patients and their families."

Apparently at least 89 sex offenders are living in Ohio's 972 nursing homes, and there is no law that residents be informed.

http://www.vindy.com/content/national_world/332002020864910.php and
http://www.vindy.com/content/national_world/303652787494430.php

You're SO bad, JanetElaine! lol

I think one of the news channels here did an investigative report on this subject. So the RSO's show up on the RSO list, but your friendly nursing home doesn't have to tell you about it? Nice.

It's like this in our public schools too. There was a 14 yr old juvenile CONVICTED predator in my son's class that nobody knew about. Then the local news found out about it. It didn't change anything though. He'll probably be in the high school this fall.

Ohio. We take care of you from the time you start to walk till when you need a walker.

How old are some of these offenders? I mean, it IS a nursing home.

my grandfather was still able to rape me in his 70's.

my grandfather was still able to rape me in his 70's.

If I remember correctly that was what was happening in the nursing homes. These perverts were still mobile and could do anything they wanted if someone wasn't looking. :(

If I remember correctly that was what was happening in the nursing homes. These perverts were still mobile and could do anything they wanted if someone wasn't looking. :(
Hi, Taximom-
I guess when I hear "sex offender" I think immediately of child molesters.
I agree there should be no rapists in nursing homes.

If someone commits a sexual offense, they should be prepared to deal with the consequences for life. Hopefully, that way they will think twice before doing anything to begin with. For those that already have, it will be a lesson for those thinking about it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back