SC - Shawn, 4, & Triniti Campbell, 1, die in hot car, Hanahan, 29 July 2007

kwatson696

Proud Mom
Reaction score
:mad: HANAHAN — Two children were found dead in trash bags in an apartment Monday night, and their mother has been taken to a hospital for evaluation, authorities said.
Lt. Michael Fowler of the Hanahan Police Department said officers were dispatched to The Willows at 1824 Remount Road around 7:30 p.m. to respond to a disturbance call. No mention of children was made in the emergency call, he said.
When officers arrived at the efficiency apartments, one of them overheard a conversation that led him to further investigate Apartment 24.

http://www.charleston.net/news/2007/jul/31/toddler_bodies_found_bags11832/

Toddlers.

I don't know if I can take this anymore. It's all so horrible. What is WRONG with people?

These kids were left in their car all day while their mother was at work.

90 degrees yesterday. could've been 120 or 130 degrees in the car.
One year old girl, 4 year old boy.

it's on CNN right now. They were found in garbage bags under the sink.
Sick. How could you put your dead childen in garbage bags?!?! Bad enough the mother left them alone in the car all day long!!

I thought I was dreaming. I had CNN on while I was napping and woke up thinking whether it was something I heard on the news or dreamed that a woman went to work and left her children in the car, so I came here to check. OMG! I cannot believe it's true. WTSH is wrong with people? Honest to God, I keep thinking that I've heard it all and then some other idiot does something absolutely unbelievable.

These poor babies. I cannot even imagine the horrible death. This woman needs to go straight to the chair.

Taximom, I'm with you. It's like people have lost their moral compasses. They do something stupid and then cover it up with more stupid.

The coroner has just released the identity of two young children found dead under a sink in Hanahan Monday night: four-year-old Shawn Campbell, Jr., and 14-month-old Triniti Campbell.

Police say the mother of the children is in her late 20s and what they believe happened is she took them to work with her and left them in the car all day long and that is how those children died.

http://www.live5news.com/home/8820812.html

Also a video at this link...I just can't believe this, :banghead: its just horrible..
Poor little babies.

I'm surprised no one saw these children in the car parked and called police, with the stricter laws against leaving children and animals in parked cars. Did she work in a location that did not have a lot of passerby, or so many that it wouldn't be noticed?

It doesn't matter, just the fact that you would leave your babies.

I can't get around that.

Some people are too stupid to live, but it's their babies who die.

I don't know what to say. WHY? WHY? WHY?

I don't think I can read here anymore. It hurts too much to read these stories. :(

God Bless these two babies.

Nancy Grace did a show on thid last night. WTF was this woman thinking?

Her babysitter did not show up so she thought she could leave the kids in the car?

Not to mention, put them in a garbage bag?

Not to mention she didnt' immediately call 911! She took them home, bathed them, redressed them and then put them in bags. :( :(

I'm going to stick my neck out here and will probably get it chopped off but here goes anyway.....

I think it is horrid that this mom didn't call 911 when she discovered that her children were dead. I think it is horrid that she took them home instead and bathed them, dressed them, and then proceeded to put them in garbage bags under her sink.

But there are also questions that I would like to have answers to. The answers won't change what happened and they won't change her charges or her having to be accountable for what she did.

I would like to know if the mother was supporting her babies on her salary? Did she get child support from the father or fathers? She was living in a cheap efficiency motel which means there was nowhere for her kids to play inside or outside. Was that all she could afford? Was she getting help with her babysitting bill from DHS? Did she feel that she couldn't afford to miss a day's work as she didn't have a babysitter and it would take away from her income for rent, food, etc? Were the windows rolled down in the vehicle and had the kids been eating anything all day?

I would also like to know what kind of a mother this mother was up until that day? Did she feel desperate in her situation and feel that she had no other recourse then to take the kids to work with her? Did she have no family that would help her with the kids for 1 day?

This mother could have totally lost it when she found her kids dead in the vehicle. Her behavior doesn't sound to me like a mother who just went about
bathing and dressing her kids like nothing was wrong. It sounds like she was loud enough for the neighbors to realize that something was wrong and that one of the neighbors had seen the kids in the bags under the sink. This mother kept saying that she wanted to kill herself. Maybe she planned to after she got the children bathed etc but someone called 911 before she could do it.

From what I have read so far she sounded like a desperate mother who did the only thing that she thought that she could at that time. She wouldn't have left the kids in the car if she had thought they would die. Until I hear that she was a terrible mother and DHS had been called on her a lot I am going to withhold judgment. There are so many mothers in the position that I see this woman in with no money and no help just barely getting by on the little paycheck they get twice a month. They aren't sitting on welfare with a monthly check coming in but maybe they would be better off if they were. When you are a single working mother DHS will help with the babysitting for a period of time and then you are on your own whether you are making $10.00 an hour or $5.00. This is the way the current welfare laws work. These women get no help. I don't know how a lot of single women make it on the wages most of them have to live on.

I'm going to stick my neck out here and will probably get it chopped off but here goes anyway.....

I think it is horrid that this mom didn't call 911 when she discovered that her children were dead. I think it is horrid that she took them home instead and bathed them, dressed them, and then proceeded to put them in garbage bags under her sink.

But there are also questions that I would like to have answers to. The answers won't change what happened and they won't change her charges or her having to be accountable for what she did.

I would like to know if the mother was supporting her babies on her salary? Did she get child support from the father or fathers? She was living in a cheap efficiency motel which means there was nowhere for her kids to play inside or outside. Was that all she could afford? Was she getting help with her babysitting bill from DHS? Did she feel that she couldn't afford to miss a day's work as she didn't have a babysitter and it would take away from her income for rent, food, etc? Were the windows rolled down in the vehicle and had the kids been eating anything all day?

I would also like to know what kind of a mother this mother was up until that day? Did she feel desperate in her situation and feel that she had no other recourse then to take the kids to work with her? Did she have no family that would help her with the kids for 1 day?

This mother could have totally lost it when she found her kids dead in the vehicle. Her behavior doesn't sound to me like a mother who just went about
bathing and dressing her kids like nothing was wrong. It sounds like she was loud enough for the neighbors to realize that something was wrong and that one of the neighbors had seen the kids in the bags under the sink. This mother kept saying that she wanted to kill herself. Maybe she planned to after she got the children bathed etc but someone called 911 before she could do it.

From what I have read so far she sounded like a desperate mother who did the only thing that she thought that she could at that time. She wouldn't have left the kids in the car if she had thought they would die. Until I hear that she was a terrible mother and DHS had been called on her a lot I am going to withhold judgment. There are so many mothers in the position that I see this woman in with no money and no help just barely getting by on the little paycheck they get twice a month. They aren't sitting on welfare with a monthly check coming in but maybe they would be better off if they were. When you are a single working mother DHS will help with the babysitting for a period of time and then you are on your own whether you are making $10.00 an hour or $5.00. This is the way the current welfare laws work. These women get no help. I don't know how a lot of single women make it on the wages most of them have to live on.

I came on here to say exactly the same thing. What she did was awful, irresponsible and unforgivable. But you have to ask -why was she in such a desperate situation in the first place? Where is the father? Will anyone ask questions of him- probably not because he was not in the sitauion of trying to support 2 children on no money and feeling so desperate that he needed to feed his children that he would leave them in a car for 8-10 hours while he worked.

This is an awful thing, but I do sympathise with this mother. She lost her children and I agree that the dressing and bathing them- that does not sound like someone who doesnt care. This crime was only discovered because she was screaming and someone came to see what was wrong.

I was raised myself by a single mother on low income and I'm sure she must have done many things that she would rather not have done to support me. Trying to weigh up whats best and put food on the table. A lack of education and a feeling of desperation, is ,I suspect, what led this woman to make a poor judgement which ended tragically. I cannot say I would have made the same decision, but I consider myself educated, surrounded by friends and family who love me. She may not be as priviliged.

I am not defending what she did. I am just trying to explain what may have been the reasons for it.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back