"Little People, Big World" Dad Busted For DUI

White Rain

Reaction score
I am shocked!

The pint-sized pop on the TLC reality show "Little People, Big World" has been hiding a pretty big secret -- he was busted for DUI last month.
0731_matthew_mugshot.jpg

According to the Washington County Sheriff's Office, 45-year-old Matthew Roloff was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of intoxicants, around midnight on June 19 after cops claim that Roloff's van had been swerving on the road.

Roloff, who then failed a field sobriety test, was taken to Washington County Jail, where he was cited and released.
http://www.tmz.com/2007/07/31/cops-little-star-had-a-tiny-bit-too-much-to-drink/

oh man! I love that show and love Matt. The show has been one of the only decent family shows on television. Guess this only proves that good families have problems.

Well this is one that I don't want to believe. I don't think he is perfect by any means but being his size he honestly may have only had one drink. How sad!!!!

We absolutely love this show and the entire family--Matt himself is an amazing guy, but I guess nobody's perfect--I'm sure he's learned his lesson

I wonder if they will put this in the show? I also hope they dont cancel the show over this...its one of my favorites!

I hope they don't cancel this show... everyone makes mistakes... I watch this show with my whole family....

I wonder why Matt was smiling in the booking photo? I bet Amy gave him an earful!!!!

Speaking from what I've learned from three (ahem!) "semesters" in rehab.

The difference between an incident of over-indulgence and an alcohol problem is this:

If you get a DUI, realize you made a stupid and possibly dangerous mistake, accept the consequences and never do it again, you probably are not an alcoholic.:doh:

If you get a DUI, resolve to be "more careful" next time and then continue to drink and drive, you probably have a problem.:boohoo: Keep getting DUI's or any other alcohol-related trouble with the law, just face it. You got a problem.:behindbar

I really applied myself and learned so much thru internet research and picking the brains of the counselors and medical personell when I was in treatment, I like to say I should get credit for at least a bachelor's degree in rehab! Not much to bragg about I know, but it does come in handy sometimes!

Susan

I wonder if the sobriety test he failed had anything to do with his dwarfism? Like if they thought he couldn't walk a straight line or stand on one foot because he was drunk, instead of because he is physically different from big people?

He doesn't look drunk to me!

I saw that!!! I am so mad at him! Even though the family never outed themselves as Christians, the kids often wore tshirts with Bible stuff on it... as if they went to a private Christian school, rather than public school. I assumed they were a normal church going family.

I hope this was an isolated incident for dad. Very disappointing.

I wonder if the sobriety test he failed had anything to do with his dwarfism? Like if they thought he couldn't walk a straight line or stand on one foot because he was drunk, instead of because he is physically different from big people?

He doesn't look drunk to me!
hmmmm.... good point. I wonder if they did a breathalyzer, or just a "walk a straight line" test.

Ok so not meaning to be big brat here but the legal limit in most states is .08 which for a normal sized person is about three drinks. Considering he is a little person he is probably half that. Plus what field sobriety tests did they give that he could pass. He walks with crutches and spends most of the time in a motorized chair. I really hope that this was a one time mix up because I love this show and think this family is a great example for all families.

I wonder why Matt was smiling in the booking photo? I bet Amy gave him an earful!!!!
that would have made one heck of a show!!!Matt calling for her to come get him, then the aftermath lol Id have loved to be a fly on their wall for that one lol

I saw that!!! I am so mad at him! Even though the family never outed themselves as Christians, the kids often wore tshirts with Bible stuff on it... as if they went to a private Christian school, rather than public school. I assumed they were a normal church going family.

Christians have the same problems as anyone else. I know, I am a Christian and boy have I messed up before! We all have some kind of problem to overcome. Being a Christian doesn't make a person less human or less a sinner, but it does mean that we are supposed to let God show us how to accept His forgiveness, learn from our shortcomings and go on to help someone else.

Don't worry, I'm not taking offense, just say'in!

Susan

Christians have the same problems as anyone else. I know, I am a Christian and boy have I messed up before! We all have some kind of problem to overcome. Being a Christian doesn't make a person less human or less a sinner, but it does mean that we are supposed to let God show us how to accept His forgiveness, learn from our shortcomings and go on to help someone else.

Don't worry, I'm not taking offense, just say'in!

Susan
I agree.. and they have never overtly presented themselves as Christians. I just assumed that they were, and because of that, I was more disapointed to read this.

Even christians drink though. He showed alot of responsibilty at times on the farm, but he sure wasn't showing it here.

Yes, it is a shame. I am sorry to see something like this about a person who seems to be a hard working, intelligent, good-hearted fellow!

Susan

Ok so not meaning to be big brat here but the legal limit in most states is .08 which for a normal sized person is about three drinks. Considering he is a little person he is probably half that. Plus what field sobriety tests did they give that he could pass. He walks with crutches and spends most of the time in a motorized chair. I really hope that this was a one time mix up because I love this show and think this family is a great example for all families.

Matt knew that his dwarfism/size could have an effect on how many/much drinks would put him over the limit. His dwarfism is no exscuse. He is a very intelligent man, he should have known better. Field sobriety test also covers the abc's and things like that which he could have easily done in his motorized chair.

Just because he is a Christian he cannot have a drink? We have friends whose children attend the same school with the Roloff kids, and I can assure you that they are very spirit filled and like to enjoy a drink or two as well!

I certainly do not agree with drinking and driving but don't see why he or Amy could not enjoy a beverage or two occasionally....

Lynie

Just because he is a Christian he cannot have a drink? We have friends whose children attend the same school with the Roloff kids, and I can assure you that they are very spirit filled and like to enjoy a drink or two as well!

I certainly do not agree with drinking and driving but don't see why he or Amy could not enjoy a beverage or two occasionally....

Lynie
A beverage or two.. but then to drive, to where he was swerving enough to be pulled over? Is this the first time he drove in this condition, and it just so happened that he was unlucky enough to be caught? Many of us have driven after an office party.. etc. He was impaired enough to be pulled over by the police.

I love the family though.. I think he can get past this, he is a smart guy.. and hopefully the tv show will survive it as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back