Great Dane shoots owner

imthemom

Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,291687,00.html

SadieMae, look how smart they are, this one shot is owner. I thought you might like this one. It would be funny if the guy was not in critical condition. I hope is owner is okay. His fiance is afraid of what he might do to the dog when he gets out.

Seems to me its the owners fault for leaving a gun laying around loaded on an end table. What an idiot.

I hope he doesn't hurt the poor dog.

The gun going off probably scared the pee out King George. Poor baby! I can see his tail wagging knocking it off the table. What was that idiot doing with a loaded gun with the safety off, just laying around anyway? It's not the dog's fault, no way the dog knew it was loaded...well, hmmmm, his fiance did say he was smart dog. :D I hope his fiance gets the dog to a safe place if she's worried about his safety.

I read this early this morning and I'm so bothered that the fiance is worried what he'll do to the dog once he's home. She needs to make sure the dog is safe NOW!

I read this early this morning and I'm so bothered that the fiance is worried what he'll do to the dog once he's home. She needs to make sure the dog is safe NOW!

I found that unnerving too, I wonder what kind of people they are, having a loaded pistol on the night stand and all. I hope she gets him somewhere safe.

WTH! Ok...get this dog out of there NOW! I just saw the pic of this dog and I'm worried!
I do not like at all that the fiancee said she was worried about what he would do to the dog once he got out? Ummm, noone, including police were concerned about that? It IS against the law to come on out of the hospital and shoot your dog isn't it? I hope that they will be following up on this man and this dog!!!!

I live in Memphis and am just now seeing this. The dog is beautiful. After these comments by the girlfriend, there are many organizations that will be keeping an eye on this 4-legged baby. The owner is an idiot for having a loaded gun without the safety on.

He is from the Raliegh area of Memphis, that explains a lot!!

An end table is just the right height for his tail to knock something over. Mine have nothing on them. They have very strong "happy" tails....I have the bruises to prove it and once got a black eye.

Unfortunately, someone who thinks it is "okay" to leave a loaded gun, no safety on, laying on a table, would think it is perfectly logical to blame a poor dog that has no idea what a gun even is!! God, I hate people!! :furious: Obviously, he is shy on the commonsense scale!! :loser:

:clap: You are SO right Lady Ford!!! Welcome to WS!!

I am not sure I believe the dog did it. I think it is possible a human shot him and blamed the dog.

Well I hope and pray that those organization who are keeping an eye out for any retribution against this dog do a very good job. Better yet, I hope the "dog" gets "lost" and somehow ends up in another home, without idiots as owners. What if, this happened and a child was shot, or a guest.

Is Raleigh a "tough" area.....a load gun...... on a table, gee.......

I am not sure I believe the dog did it. I think it is possible a human shot him and blamed the dog.

I agree....I found what the fiancee said interesting....

"I knew he was smart, I didn't think he was that smart," the victim's fiancee, Miesha Lucas told MyFOXMemphis.com. "He was always protective. I didn't think he would be like that." (from link above)

How is he so smart for shooting him??? ;) And he was being protective??

"I knew he was smart, I didn't think he was that smart," the victim's fiancee, Miesha Lucas told MyFOXMemphis.com. "He was always protective. I didn't think he would be like that." (from link above)

If the guy was threatening the woman, and she shot him and blamed the dog... well, I have to say that having been in an abusive relationship where the cops didn't arrest my husband for his actions - I have to give a slight smile to the lady if she did that. I have to give her a BIG OLD FROWN for not taking the dog and running for her life if she did though. IF he deserved it, she shouldn't be there when he gets out. Period.

Leave the FIRST TIME ladies. The second time you might not survive.

If it was truely an accident - everyone knows dogs knock stuff around that is at their level. Having a gun there was stupid.

I'm sorry but I think this guy deserved what he got. :)
Why'd he have a loaded gun laying around anyway? He was up to no good imo. People who keep loaded guns close by do so for 2 reasons. Either because they're scared or they want to scare somebody else.

I did not really get what she meant either.
Like the dog willfully did this??
The women just sounds like a moron.

Hmmm....I've never heard the defense "the dog shot the gun".
I bet Phil Spector wishes he could have thought of that.

Well who knows if the dog was seeking revenge on the owner. Just kidding.......but it serves the man right for leaving a loading gun around especially at that time of night.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sneetchysneetches
Back