Real Harry Potter in Florida

Autumn2004

Inactive
Reaction score
BRADENTON, Fla. - Sometimes it's a hassle being Harry Potter.

Especially when you're a 78-year-old man who happens to share the name of a certain fictional boy wizard who is famous the world over.

Each time a new Harry Potter book or movie comes out, Bradenton resident Harry Potter starts getting phone calls from children, interview requests from the TV networks and autograph requests.

"The kids want to know if I'm Harry Potter," he said with a chuckle. "I tell them I've been Harry Potter for darn near 80 years!"

"When Harry talks to the kids, they'll ask about the owl and he'll say, 'Oh, he came by and brought the mail,'" said his wife, Jan. "Then, when they're done, the mothers come on and say thank you for talking to the kids. He gets a big kick out of it."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070801/ap_on_fe_st/odd_authentic_harry_potter

He sounds like such a sweet old man and a good sport about it. :)

i saw this earlier today and it touched my heart. what a wonderful man, to take the time to talk to kids. i would imagine it is awfully annoying, but he takes it well.

i saw this earlier today and it touched my heart. what a wonderful man, to take the time to talk to kids. i would imagine it is awfully annoying, but he takes it well.

There are some really nice people out there. We went out to eat a few weeks ago to outback, a man in there looked just like santa claus except in regular clothing so my 3 year old said " Its santa mommy its santa". The man played santa for a few years at the mall and gave her a wallet pic of him in his santa suit. That was all she could talk about for the next few days.

Awwww those are both great stories! I love Harry Potter. Uhm..did ya get this guy's number?! LOL

It's so nice to read a sweet story on Websleuths.
Lotta bad news lately.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back