OH OH - Tracy Hill, 34, Rogers, 7 June 2001

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
Endangered Missing Adult

If you believe you have any information regarding this case that will be helpful in this investigation please contact:
Columbiana County Sheriff's Office at (330) 424-7255
A200300972S_3205.jpg
Name:Tracy Marie Hill[SIZE=+0]
[/SIZE]Classification:Endangered Missing Adult Alias / Nickname:Bear Date of Birth:1976-12-29 Date Missing:2001-06-07 From City/State:Rogers, OH Missing From (Country):USA Age at Time of Disappearance:24 Gender:Female Race:White Height:63 inches Weight:150 pounds Hair Color:Brown Eye Color:Brown Complexion:Light Glasses/Contacts Description:Glasses with brown wire frames or clear contacts. Identifying Characteristics:Pierced ears, tattoo of "Tweety Bird" in yellow ink on outer right ankle. Jewelry:White gold solid wedding band and white gold single diamond engagement ring worn on left ring finger, watch with "Tweety Bird" on face and a leather band it worn on wrist. Circumstances of Disappearance:Unknown. Tracy was last seen in the vicinity of the 7800 block of Sprucevale Rd. in Rogers, OH. Investigative Agency:Columbiana County Sheriff's Office Phone:(330) 424-7255 Investigative Case #:012296 NCIC #:M-002703803

Current news article:
http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=71927&provider=top

Mystery over woman's disappearance still haunts family

0773019245_tracyhill300x225.jpg

Susan Moses
Created: 7/30/2007 11:49:50 AM
Updated:8/1/2007 12:26:57 PM

Ten thousand dollars of reward money and 6 years have not pried loose the whereabouts of a woman who disappeared in Columbiana County.
Tracy Hill's family believes she is dead but no one has been charged and no trace of her has been found.

"I just try to try to be on the positive side. I mean there for a long time I couldn't look at her pictures or anything", says Hill's mother Zoanne Evans.

Hill's family has spent many days pouring over photographs and documents. More than anyone else, they want to know Tracy's fate.

"She had a great smile, great way with people. She was just getting her life in order. She was going to school at Kent State University and had a job", Evans says.

In June of 2001, the 24-year-old Tracy went to work and school, and disappeared. She was married to Clifford Hill, who is currently in prison for robbing an amish buggy driver of $6 and a Bible.

"I think her husband did it. His name is Cliff Hill Junior", says Cindy Starling, Tracy's aunt.

It is an accusation, Cliff Hill Junior steadfastly denies. In fact, investigators have not turned up enough evidence to charge anyone with a crime. Immediately after Tracy disappeared, investigators scoured the couple's trailer.

"The key to the whole case right now is finding Tracy, whether it be her alive or deceased", says Columbiana County Sheriff David Smith.

Smith says his investigators have tirelessly pursued the case. "We have done every effort in this case as humanly possible; we have left no stone unturned", says Smith.

Tracy's car was found near Cliff's mother's house on Guilford Lake. Sheriffs searched that lake.and several others. But so far, nothing has turned up.

Building a case without finding Tracy is very difficult. It requires circumstantial evidence, witnesses, forensic evidence, the pieces of a puzzle that can convince a jury beyond a reasonable doubt of what happened to her and who is responsible.

A $10,000 reward awaits the person who can provide that information.

"I got it in me that we're going to shake something loose out of these people. They're going to have to come forward."

Tracy's family will never give up until she's found. "That's what I want. To find my daughter so I can bury her and know where she's at. It would make me happier", says Evans.

But until that day, Tracy Hill remains very much alive in their hearts, in their minds, in their memories. The happy, smiling 24-year-old girl with a promising future.

Remember, there's a $10,000 reward in the Tracy Hill case.

If you know something you can contact the Columbiana County Sheriff's department at (330) 424-7255.

"She was married to Clifford Hill, who is currently in prison for robbing an amish buggy driver of $6 and a Bible."

Why in the world would anyone do that?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hill_tracy.html

Just goes to show what a great guy he is. Her car was found over by her husband's parents home. That kind of tells the story doesn't it. I wonder what he did with her. Wonder if they took dogs over to his parents property?

I wish I knew all those details. I looked at Guilford Lake on google-earth and it's huge. It is quite a distance between Guilford and where she went missing. She could be anywhere.

I hope someone is looking at this case with today's technology in mind. I wish interested people could look at these cases (interviews, alibi's etc) and help solve them. Although I guess that's not good for the prosecution case in the end. :(

Husband of missing woman in big trouble with law again

The former Rogers man whose wife disappeared nearly eight years ago is in serious trouble with the law again, this time for allegedly shooting an Ashland County man during a home-invasion robbery last month.

[snip]

Sweeney said following Hill's arrest last week he was asked about Tracy, and Hill told them he still doesn't know anything about his wife's whereabouts.

More: http://www.salemnews.net/page/content.detail/id/513041.html?nav=5007

:bump: for Tracy, missing 12 years this week. :(

Snipped:

Tracy was last seen in Columbiana County, Ohio on June 7, 2001. She went to her job at a machine shop, Duo Corp, in North Lima, Ohio. The job was a temporary one and she had been employed there for just six weeks by June 7. The next day, a woman claiming to be Tracy reported off work. She has never been heard from again.

• tracy_marie_evans_hill_1.jpg
  • tracy_marie_evans_hill_2.jpg
  • tracy_marie_evans_hill_3.jpg
  • tracy_marie_evans_hill_4.jpg
  • tracy_marie_evans_hill_5.jpg
Tracy, circa 2001
  • Missing Since 06/07/2001
  • Missing From Columbiana County, Ohio
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 12/29/1976 (46)
  • Age 24 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'2 - 5'3, 160 pounds

• Clothing/Jewelry Description A white gold diamond solitaire engagement ring and a solid gold wedding band on her left ring finger, and a watch on her left wrist with a leather band and the cartoon character Tweety Bird on its face.

• Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Tracy's maiden name is Evans. Her nickname is Bear. She may be known as Tracy Evans or Tracy Hill. Tracy wears eyeglasses with brown wire frames or contact lenses; she did not have her contacts with her at the time of his disappearance. Her ears are pierced and she has a tattoo of the cartoon character Tweety Bird in yellow ink on the outside of her right ankle.

Details of Disappearance​

Tracy was last seen in Columbiana County, Ohio on June 7, 2001. She went to her job at a machine shop, Duo Corp, in North Lima, Ohio. The job was a temporary one and she had been employed there for just six weeks by June 7. The next day, a woman claiming to be Tracy reported off work. She has never been heard from again.

Tracy was a student at the Salem, Ohio campus of Kent State University at the time of her disappearance. Her family reported her as a missing person on June 17 after receiving a call from a college official regarding her absences from classes.

Tracy's relatives searched her mobile home and discovered that all of her personal belongings were inside her residence, including her clothes, contact lenses, makeup and jewelry. The only item that appeared to be missing was her purse. Dirty dishes had been stacked on the table, which Tracy's family members said is uncharacteristic of her.

Shortly after Tracy's disappearance was reported, her car was found in the parking lot of Mark's Landing. There was no sign of her at the scene and no evidence was recovered from the vehicle.

Tracy was separated from her husband, Clifford E. Hill Jr., in June 2001. She received an order of protection from Clifford the day before she was last seen. Clifford was arrested and charged with the unauthorized use of Tracy's vehicle after she was reported missing. He claimed that he did not know his wife's whereabouts and had had permission to use the car that day. Curiously, the vehicle was found not far from where Clifford's mother lives.

Clifford was convicted of unauthorized use and theft, receiving stolen property, and forgery charges all unrelated to his wife's disappearance and sentenced to prison. After his release, he was sentenced to four years in prison for robbery in connection with the 2004 armed hold-up of an Amish buggy. The robbery netted $6 and a Bible.

He was released in August 2008, but was rearrested in April 2009 for shooting a man during a home invasion robbery. He was sentenced to 23 years in prison for that offense.

Clifford is considered a person of interest in his wife's disappearance, and her family believes he was involved, but he maintains his innocence. A photo of him is posted with this case summary.

Tracy's family believes that she was murdered and her body was possibly dumped in Wayne County, but there is little evidence available in her case. Law enforcement officers have conducted many searches and found nothing pertaining to Tracy's whereabouts.

There have been no arrests in connection with Tracy's disappearance, but foul play is suspected due to the fact that she not contacted anyone since her disappearance.

Tracy is a graduate of Waynedale High School. Some agencies give the place of her disappearance as Rogers, Ohio.

Investigating Agency​

• Columbiana County Sheriff's Office 330-424-7255
  • Wayne County Sheriff's Office 330-287-5700

Source Information​

Updated 8 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated March 28, 2016; picture added.

Quite a bit of info here:

Sept 28, 2005

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member