1092 users online (248 members and 844 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Recall on a bunch of Mattel toys

They are manufactured in China, big surprise eh?

http://www.service.mattel.com/us/ recall info at the bottom with pictures of the toys.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070801/toy_recall.html?.v=10

Thank goodness we dont own any of these but I sent the link out to family and friends to see if they do.

Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
    Quote Originally Posted by Autumn2004 View Post
    They are manufactured in China, big surprise eh?

http://www.service.mattel.com/us/ recall info at the bottom with pictures of the toys.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070801/toy_recall.html?.v=10

Thank goodness we dont own any of these but I sent the link out to family and friends to see if they do.

Included are some Fisher Price, Sesame Street, Nickelodeon, and Dora the Explorer! Better be safe than sorry! This lead paint is not good for the kiddies!

Thanks a bunch, Autumn!

From what I read on the fisher price site, it only affects toys bought after 5/1/07. Most of our stuff is older than that, thankfully.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,293054,00.html

Head of Chinese Toy Manufacturing Company Commits Suicide Amid Recall

BEIJING — The head of a Chinese toy manufacturing company at the center of a huge U.S. recall has committed suicide, a state-run newspaper said Monday.
    Zhang Shuhong, who co-owned Lee Der Industrial Co. Ltd., killed himself at a warehouse over the weekend, days after China announced it had temporarily banned exports by the company, the Southern Metropolis Daily said.
    Lee Der made 967,000 toys recalled earlier this month by Mattel Inc. (MAT) because they were made with paint found to have excessive amounts of lead. The plastic preschool toys, sold under the Fisher-Price brand in the U.S., included the popular Big Bird, Elmo, Dora and Diego characters.
    It was among the largest recalls in recent months involving Chinese products, which have come under fire for globally for containing potentially dangerous high levels of chemicals and toxins.
    The Southern Metropolis Daily said that a supplier, Zhang's best friend, sold Lee Der fake paint which was used in the toys.

"The boss and the company were harmed by the paint supplier, the closest friend of our boss," a manager surnamed Liu was quoted as saying.
    Liu said Zhang hung himself on Saturday, according to the report. It is common for disgraced officials to commit suicide in China.
    Last edited by Jeana (DP); 08-14-2007 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ceeaura View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,293054,00.html

Head of Chinese Toy Manufacturing Company Commits Suicide Amid Recall

BEIJING — The head of a Chinese toy manufacturing company at the center of a huge U.S. recall has committed suicide, a state-run newspaper said Monday.
    Well, it was either that or the government over there would have done it for him. That is a DP offense over there. And over here, most of the time we can't even off our perverts and child molesters!

Quote Originally Posted by pedinurse View Post
    Well, it was either that or the government over there would have done it for him. That is a DP offense over there. And over here, most of the time we can't even off our perverts and child molesters!
    You got that right!
    I think it was a "government assisted" suicide.

Anyone know how of Mattel's toys are made in China?

Quote Originally Posted by AlohaGal View Post
    Anyone know how of Mattel's toys are made in China?
    The same way Fischer Price is! everythings made in China, it's a joke.

We had Dora the Explorer Fischer Price toys recalled here in the last couple of weeks....made in China containing high levels of lead.

Mattel To Recall More Chinese-Made Toys

Less than two weeks after Mattel Inc. recalled 1.5 million Chinese-made toys because of lead paint, the toy industry is bracing for another blow that could give parents more reason to rethink their purchases just before the critical holiday shopping season.

Mattel is set to announce the recall of another toy involving a different Chinese supplier as early as Tuesday, according to three people close to the matter who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the situation.

http://cbs13.com/topstories/topstori...226025448.html

tennessee is offline Blew out my flipflop. Stepped on a pop top . . .
    Wonder if any of those jobs will be coming back to the US now? I doubt it.
    Opinions are like belly buttons. Everyone's got one. This one is mine.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,293180,00.html

Mattel Recalls Millions of Toys, Adds to Chinese-Made-Lead-Linked List

NEW YORK — Toy-making giant Mattel Inc. issued recalls Tuesday for millions of Chinese-made toys that contain magnets that can be swallowed by children or could have lead paint.
    The recall includes 7.3 million play sets, including Polly Pocket dolls and Batman action figures, and 1.5 million die cast cars that contain lead paint.
    The Polly Pocket and Batman recalls were announced on the company's Web site. The recall of lead-painted cars was announced at a mid-morning news conference by the Consumer Product Safety Commission in Washington.
    With more than 80 percent of toys sold worldwide made in China, toy sellers are nervous that shoppers will shy away from their products.

Aren't any toys made here in the "Good ole USA" anymore?

I was going to ask, "Isn't anything sacred anymore?!" I mean really...we are talking Sesame street here! Ack! Elmo is toxic now!
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    I was going to ask, "Isn't anything sacred anymore?!" I mean really...we are talking Sesame street here! Ack! Elmo is toxic now!
    Now we know why Elmo laughs so much. It's the lead paint!

Does anyone else think China is out to get us?

let's not forget about the Thomas the Tank Engine toys that were recalled as well. My son has about a zillion of them plus the Go Diego Go. Luckily he doesn't put them in his mouth. I told my husband the only one that we should probably have our Rottie checked for lead poisoning though since he's always chewing something up and he has a special affinity for anything related to Diego.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast