1464 users online (247 members and 1217 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    well talk about 800+ pounds of gorillla....this is the stress that eats at our cores. We all want this case resolved and yes along the way there will be....hiccups....it is not just Lisa Michelle, but all the things that happen when living thru this life event. Emotions are off the scale and life is surreal. Some of us have lived it some of us have lived thru the investigations and the frustration. As a retired leo from a metro area, I hold a piece of each family memeber whose search I could not resolve, in retirement I do not/WILL not give up.....I know the stress,respect it and just want to give HOPE and Strength to those out there looking....I know this for a fact you must never, never lose hope.....so to you Seriously Searching and you AZ news watcher..the search is never easy,the paths differ....know always that people are out here helping, looking in ways that can only bring comfort to you.....wishing you peace
    Blessings

Nice post, Ocean!

Susan

AZ NewsWatcher,

I think you'll find this site refreshing as it seems to me all those here are truly interested and concerned. I don't know if you noticed this on the home page, but here's a link:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30199

that might help you and the family to keep the story in the forefront of the news, and keep the search alive. We empathize with you and the entire family, and our prayers are with you all.

Forgive us for responding to the Voy.com folks, first...but they were the only online Forum named off in the Sun-Times Group article, back in July.
    That was what introduced us to the world of cyber-discussion (beyond our own family website)..so we have been steadily trying to visit everyone and address all the discussions which concern our Lisa Michelle.
    Welcome to WS AZ newswatcher. It's unfortunate Voy was the first site you which introduced you to the world of cyber-discussion. There was so much nonsense going on there, it was difficult to sift through for any worthwhile discussion regarding Lisa. I'm sure you'll find WS has a great group of people and hopefully that crowd over on VOY doesn't leave a bad taste in your mouth.

Prayers for you, your family and finding Lisa.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

I must say the people here on WS not only have walked in Lisa's families' shoes, but the majority here have caked on mud and muck from standing in the "trenches" of real life crimes. Some have mothers, fathers, children, sisters, brothers, and others missing, murdered, or worse. We aren't "armchair detectives" who somehow live in another reality. We are, for the most part, the survivors of violence and tragedy.

One of my best friends was one of those murdered women by her soon to be exhusband (in prison for life now). We had a bullet-ridden body to contend with knowing he was the one who pulled the trigger and his 6 children are still to this day trying to cope with it all. I was second on his "hit list". My children and I were taken by LE into hiding until he was caught. His violence affected so many people.

I don't know what we will tell his grandchildren someday. Or should I say...our grandchildren.

I don't feel I deserved to have been singled out by AZ in his/her comments and altho I chose not to respond to the majority of them...I want AZ to realize the comments were unwarranted. It would be wise to refrain from making such adverse blanket statements or talking down to us.

We are not like the people on Voy. We don't enjoy engaging in volitile exchanges and thank goodness...it isn't allowed here. So if AZ came here expecting a fight...he/she might be sorely disappointed.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ News Watcher View Post
    BTW, Philamena...here is the most in-depth article, to date, covering the timeline and developments in the case, up to July 12th, 2007...if you wish to be clear on the facts of the Lisa's disappearance. It was written the day that Lisa's husband - Craig - was named a "Person of Interest":

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/local_story_193135404.html

CBS) PLAINFIELD, Ill. In the days after his wife was reported missing, Craig Stebic spoke to a reporter in tears, clutching a crumpled tissue and saying his wife Lisa would never voluntarily leave their two children.

More than two months after an emotional Craig Stebic told reporters about the last time he saw his wife, Plainfield police (on Thursday, July 12, 2007) announced he's become a prime focus of their investigation.

"Plainfield police have narrowed the focus of their investigation into the disappearance of Lisa Stebic and now consider Craig Stebic a person of interest," Plainfield Police Chief Donald Bennett said. But Bennett said the announcement does not really change anything as far as the police investigation goes.

"Right now, we feel we've narrowed it in, and where we need to go is to focus currently our investigation on Mr. Stebic," Bennett said.

Plainfield police say they were led to that conclusion following numerous interviews and countless hours of investigation.

Police had previously been reluctant to name Craig Stebic as the subject of their investigation.

They said Thursday he was the last person who saw Lisa Stebic on the evening of April 30. They also said they believe Lisa Stebic was the victim of foul play.
    Thank you so much for posting the article!

Glad to see a little more dialog. Points made points taken by all....much pain, a lot of healing needed. A lot can get done working together. I noted that there are a few new fundraisers or keeping Lisa's face out there, events coming up in the next few weeks...see findlisastebic.com.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post

I don't feel I deserved to have been singled out by AZ in his/her comments and altho I chose not to respond to the majority of them...I want AZ to realize the comments were unwarranted. It would be wise to refrain from making such adverse blanket statements or talking down to us.

We are not like the people on Voy. We don't enjoy engaging in volitile exchanges and thank goodness...it isn't allowed here. So if AZ came here expecting a fight...he/she might be sorely disappointed.
    SS, I wouldn't take it too personally. I have been dissed by both AZ and Don Z, but I don't think they mean to. Having been through what you've been through, I'm sure you can understand that they are responding from a very emotional state. Having been thrown into this world, I doubt they have had the time, or maybe even desire, to learn the art of disagreeing diplomatically. It's real easy at this stage to respond to one thing said and not to know the entire position of a poster.

I think Amy Jacobson was very trusted and respected by the family. I also believe that they felt she was getting close to something, whether she was or wasn't. But, she WAS getting C.S. to talk, even if it was only superficial at the time. Judgement on Amy's part, good or bad, and on CBS's part, may have hampered this investigation. I think it taught C.S. not to trust anyone. This is a touchy subject from every angle with strong opinions. But I think the family felt that she had the best shot to get information that the family so badly wants.

Quote Originally Posted by closeobserver View Post
    SS, I wouldn't take it too personally. I have been dissed by both AZ and Don Z, but I don't think they mean to. Having been through what you've been through, I'm sure you can understand that they are responding from a very emotional state. Having been thrown into this world, I doubt they have had the time, or maybe even desire, to learn the art of disagreeing diplomatically. It's real easy at this stage to respond to one thing said and not to know the entire position of a poster.

I think Amy Jacobson was very trusted and respected by the family. I also believe that they felt she was getting close to something, whether she was or wasn't. But, she WAS getting C.S. to talk, even if it was only superficial at the time. Judgement on Amy's part, good or bad, and on CBS's part, may have hampered this investigation. I think it taught C.S. not to trust anyone. This is a touchy subject from every angle with strong opinions. But I think the family felt that she had the best shot to get information that the family so badly wants.
    Sorry, AZ and Don. I'm not trying to speak for you. Just my feeling from all I have read. Even though I have been on the receiving side of some jabs, I respect you and feel for you. No hard feelings on my end. What I have learned over the years is that when sarcasm is used, even in the best intent, it is rarely interpreted correctly in these environments.

Quote Originally Posted by closeobserver View Post
    Sorry, AZ and Don. I'm not trying to speak for you. Just my feeling from all I have read. Even though I have been on the receiving side of some jabs, I respect you and feel for you. No hard feelings on my end. What I have learned over the years is that when sarcasm is used, even in the best intent, it is rarely interpreted correctly in these environments.
    No problem, "Close"...I appreciate your trying to interpret our communiques to those who are not currently standing nose-to-nose with this current investigation ( of our missing Lisa Michelle).
    Your assessment of Amy's position was fairly accurate...and her trusted position with BOTH sides of the story.

What is not appreciated (and I will say this with the utmost control and diplomacy) is that any person who lives in a Glass House, shouldn't throw stones....especially towards those people are actually doing everything, sacrificing everything to get to the bottom of what happened to Lisa (and protect her children).

Unless you ("Seriously" and anyone else who read this) are standing in our shoes, and our shoes ALONE, in this case - they have no right to make catty, snide remarks...or actually rip into someone who was actually furthering this investigation, to end the agony & pain her children and family are currently feeling.

I, too, was touched by murder during my life (see Moxley/Skakel - Greenwich, CT)...but that does not mean that I know what it is to have my own mother (named Lisa Stebic) missing (probably murdered or, at least, as the PPD/FBI designate as a "Victim of Foul Play"). The same should go for ALL of you.

Whether you like it or not...you all are "Armchair Detectives" when it comes to this case. (Despite what you tell yourselves). Just as I would be if the situation was reversed.

My proximity to Lisa's case allows me to understand many of the more layered-details .... which, I would hazard, none of you have. (Just as I have none of the details of the cases which affected your own lives, respectively.)

If Don Z. or I see that you (or anyone else,here or on other websites other Forums) are putting forth an untruth, a piece of misinformation, an undeserved vitriolic layer and/or accusing innocent people in Lisa's case...you can be assured you will hear from us! This is due to the fact that it is our assigned duty to roam through these many Forums (which are following the Lisa Stebic case)...and keep track of what is being said, put forward the truth (as we know it to be, to this date) in order to protect her..her children, her family...and, yes, even Craig Stebic.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ News Watcher View Post
    No problem, "Close"...I appreciate your trying to interpret our communiques to those who are not currently standing nose-to-nose with this current investigation ( of our missing Lisa Michelle).
    Your assessment of Amy's position was fairly accurate...and her trusted position with BOTH sides of the story.

What is not appreciated (and I will say this with the utmost control and diplomacy) is that any person who lives in a Glass House, shouldn't throw stones....especially towards those people are actually doing everything, sacrificing everything to get to the bottom of what happened to Lisa (and protect her children).

Unless you ("Seriously" and anyone else who read this) are standing in our shoes, and our shoes ALONE, in this case - they have no right to make catty, snide remarks...or actually rip into someone who was actually furthering this investigation, to end the agony & pain her children and family are currently feeling.

I, too, was touched by murder during my life (see Moxley/Skakel - Greenwich, CT)...but that does not mean that I know what it is to have my own mother (named Lisa Stebic) missing (probably murdered or, at least, as the PPD/FBI designate as a "Victim of Foul Play"). The same should go for ALL of you.

Whether you like it or not...you all are "Armchair Detectives" when it comes to this case. (Despite what you tell yourselves). Just as I would be if the situation was reversed.

My proximity to Lisa's case allows me to understand many of the more layered-details .... which, I would hazard, none of you have. (Just as I have none of the details of the cases which affected your own lives, respectively.)

If Don Z. or I see that you (or anyone else,here or on other websites other Forums) are putting forth an untruth, a piece of misinformation, an undeserved vitriolic layer and/or accusing innocent people in Lisa's case...you can be assured you will hear from us! This is due to the fact that it is our assigned duty to roam through these many Forums (which are following the Lisa Stebic case)...and keep track of what is being said, put forward the truth (as we know it to be, to this date) in order to protect her..her children, her family...and, yes, even Craig Stebic.
    AZ News Watcher I believe that you need to take a few minutes and read our TOS Rules here at WS. #1 We do not allow anyone to come to WS and attack anyone of our members. #2 Websleuth is a forum where we welcome debates and each and every member has a right to his/her own opinion and if someone has a problem with that then I think that it's best you remove yourself. You will find here at WS we do not allow a victim nor their family to be attacked or bashed. But we do allow our members to post their opinions and if some believe what Amy did was wrong then that is their opinion and their right as a member here at ws and we are NOT going to allow them to be bashed nor attacked. So do not think you are going to come to WS and tell us how WS is going to be run and what members can say or not say because if that is your mission it's not going to happen. We welcome you here but if you can't respect others opinions then I believe it would best for you to remove yourself from this every emotional forum. I can truly understand the hell that you and Lisa's family are going through hoping and praying that Lisa will be found alive and safe so that she can be with her precious children and family and friends.

That gorilla is getting bigger and bigger...What about Lisa, anything new? Any new thoughts or ideas???? Any searces planned? I see a lot of upcoming events are planned....great to keep here picture and story out there.

Quote Originally Posted by WindChime View Post
    AZ News Watcher I believe that you need to take a few minutes and read our TOS Rules here at WS. #1 We do not allow anyone to come to WS and attack anyone of our members. #2 Websleuth is a forum where we welcome debates and each and every member has a right to his/her own opinion and if someone has a problem with that then I think that it's best you remove yourself. You will find here at WS we do not allow a victim nor their family to be attacked or bashed. But we do allow our members to post their opinions and if some believe what Amy did was wrong then that is their opinion and their right as a member here at ws and we are NOT going to allow them to be bashed nor attacked. So do not think you are going to come to WS and tell us how WS is going to be run and what members can say or not say because if that is your mission it's not going to happen. We welcome you here but if you can't respect others opinions then I believe it would best for you to remove yourself from this every emotional forum. I can truly understand the hell that you and Lisa's family are going through hoping and praying that Lisa will be found alive and safe so that she can be with her precious children and family and friends.
    We do not seek to bash or attack, WindChime...we seek to correct inaccuracies and mistruths. "Personal Opinions" hide and often perpetuate this misinformation.
    Amy sacrificed her job (and perhaps her career) in trying to get to the bottom of what happened to our missing loved one...and it is we who do not appreciate such a dedicated & truly innocent individual to Lisa's cause being attacked.
    If the members of this website (which was, presumably, founded in trying to help solve these terrible tragedies concerning women who are innocent victims in horrendous crimes) choose to not hear directly from & pose info-seeking questions of two main members of the team involved in the case you are all discussing...then it is a tragedy, indeed.
    It indicates that you are, perhaps, no more than a cyber-coffee clutch..and not a group of well-meaning, supportive individuals truly dedicated to solving Lisa's disappearance.
    You are correct, though ...that we, Lisa's family and the FLS Team, are standing, currently, in a VERY HOT KITCHEN...and emotions always run high in this type of situation.
    But all of you have also been given a rare and unusual opportunity...and that is to have a direct-connect to two people who are directly associated with the victim, you are all discussing.
    Don Z is Lisa's cousin...and I am the reason that any of you have actually ever even heard of the woman named Lisa Stebic.
    I propose that we all start from a "clean slate"...now that I put forth the truth surrounding Amy Jacobson & her dedication to Lisa, Lisa's children and Lisa's story (as we know it to be...and how personally offended we were to read many of your members' comments)...and ask that any inference/remarks to Amy belonging at the National Enquirer or any other sensationalistic publication be kept in a file cabinet or popped into a wastebasket where it belongs.
    You are all welcome to pose questions, double-check timelines, compare other cases which bear similarities to Lisa's case...with us.
    My work with the CBS Network's 48 Hours Mystery program (concerning Lisa's disappearance) has led me/us to examine many of those similar criminal cases which could help us solve this one.
    Perhaps you would all like to put forth, from your own experiences - the facts of your own individual cases - any hard, comparitive information which would assist us solve this case of our missing loved one.
    We are not looking for psychic information...rather, real-life information which will yield us some answers.
    To answer Ocean's question: There are no organized, official searches planned at this time. We are awaiting, as you all are aware, for the FULL picture of labwork to be processed from the PPD/FBI raid in May.
    Once we have more leads, another official search is possible.
    There are several smaller groups who are initiating their own searches, based on psychic intuitions. They are proceeding on their own recognizance...not with official approval, but with gratitude from Lisa's family ( on the understanding they not trespass on private property, they do not disturb possible criminal evidence and, above all, remain safe!)

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRose99 View Post
    Apparently we are not what you are looking for in a forum... we've never claimed we were here to solve crimes or find missing persons, though that has been a side benefit in some cases for this community. This is a DISCUSSION forum...

We're all entitled to our opinions and that includes our opinions on Lisa, Craig, Amy and any and all people associated with this case.

I'm sorry you expect much more from this community than we obviously give... but our "cyber-coffee clutch" are just fine with the way things are.
    We weren't "looking" for anything, MagicRose....we are actually operating in a "Responding" mode to what was/is expected from us, as representatives of Lisa's family.
    Members of your site wondered who we were and why we weren't posting here, if we were commenting on another site (which we only became aware of, when it was printed up in a Sun-Times newspaper publication):
    __________________________________________________ ________
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching
    I think it is odd that Don Z would prefer to go to a junk site like that instead of here where people are truly interested in the case. I find that in itself very strange.

That is very strange, agreed, SS. Unless he is there hoping that someone will reveal something that would lead to a break in the case. The only other possible explanation is that he doesn't know this site exists, which I doubt."
    __________________________________________________ _____
    We are simply coming forward and saying that we NOW know that this site exists..and that we are here to answer these questions, as well as put forward the Truth/Facts, as we know it, so far.
    As stated before, if there are any of you who wish to put forth facts from other cases similar to Lisa's (such as the Perry March case, in Nashville)..this would be the time to do it.
    We, too, are entitled to our opinions...and based on our knowledge of Lisa's home life & subsequent disappearance..they come with a little more weight for those who sincerely want to follow this case.
    We are happy to stick with the facts...and ensuring everyone has a clear view as to what has been reported.
    If someone has an opinion which contains "misinformation" (based on our knowledge of the case)- we will put forth our opinion, in debate form, and you all can decide upon what is being said by both sides.
    Again, we came to this site - in response to a request...and in our responsibility to all those trying to return Lisa to her children.

It is certainly not for our enjoyment that Don Z. and I have been "getting to know" all of these forums, and having to keep track of them.
    Our participation is strictly carried out in our devotion to her.

If all of this is making you (who follow our missing loved one's story) "stand too close to the flames" of an actual ongoing, high-profile criminal investigation...then we will be happy to withdraw completely from this website.
    WindChime has only to ask..and we will comply.

We also have other family members of victims here at WS. Missing forum Rachel Cook her father post here, A mother who's daughter and 10 month old son was murdered, the baby was tied with a noose and a number of others so I do understand what you are saying but we have not treated them any different then the way we will treat the two of you Az News Watcher and we have had to ask a few family members to leave because it was just to emotional here because we do allow our members to post their opinions. We also have a family member of Tara's that post here. You have every right to post the true facts if someone post wrong information but it will be done in a nice way not rude.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast