1756 users online (285 members and 1471 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Thankyou AZ for answering my question. Wind Chime it is great to know who is posting here. It can only help those who search.

What do we need to know?

Ok, just so I do not miss something vital: What are the important facts of this case that I need to know beyond what has been reported in the news reports? And what things have been reported in news reports were wrong things and in those instances what is the correct fact?

I thought at one time it sounded as if L.E. was pretty much on the right track and was only awaiting more test results and other data to be able to advance the case.

Quote Originally Posted by docwho3 View Post
    Ok, just so I do not miss something vital: What are the important facts of this case that I need to know beyond what has been reported in the news reports? And what things have been reported in news reports were wrong things and in those instances what is the correct fact?

I thought at one time it sounded as if L.E. was pretty much on the right track and was only awaiting more test results and other data to be able to advance the case.
    You haven't missed anything, Doc...if you have been faithfully following the case via the news reports from the beginning.

We cannot put forward any other information beyond what is being reported.

As far as we know, the PPD/FBI are operating on the same track, as before...and, we, Lisa's Family are simply awaiting the same Lab work.

We are visiting all the forums to help keep everyone focused on what is..and what is not currently known about the facts of the case.
    It is amazing how quickly these get confused !

Exactly how are you related to Lisa, AZ?
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

will do what little I can

Quote Originally Posted by AZ News Watcher View Post
    . . .We are visiting all the forums to help keep everyone focused on what is..and what is not currently known about the facts of the case.
    It is amazing how quickly these get confused !
    Yes, it does not take long for things to get turned around, twisted and in some cases invented.

As to following the case "faithfully" I have to admit that I may have missed a news update somewhere along the way. I do not have it set up on any sort of news alert service. I look at several cases on more than one forum so it is hard to keep 100% uptodate at times. Feel free to post any case summary you think appropriate at any time. Also feel free to email me or PM me if you need to. I use this same user name at yahoo for email.

Where is Lisa?
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

Who Is Responsible For Lisa Being Missing?
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

Great questions Seriously.

Perhaps they are being diligent, but you would never know it around here by how tight lipped they are. All I've seen them do is issue a search warrant and interview some neighbors. That web of neighbor interviews didn't go more than two or three houses in either direction.

I give them credit for that, and the immediate missing person searches done around the area in the first couple weeks, but most of what has transpired has been a result of Lisa's friends and families urging. The last LE involvement I've heard of has been the "naming of a person of interest" and the elusive "lab results" due any day, announced well over a month ago.

As Joe public, I'm not aware of all activities going on with LE, but I have kept my ear very close to this and have not heard a thing over the past three months that gives me any indication they are any closer to solving this case. Perhaps, the silence could turn out to be to their credit in the long run, assuming it is there intention to withhold the plethera of info they have.

Please, I'm not dissing your statement. (I'm speaking more out of frustration as I usually do, which usually gets me in trouble...lol). But I am curious, "What it is that give you the impression of diligence on LE's part"?
    Last edited by CW; 09-01-2007 at 03:50 AM. Reason: Due to quote being off topic

Yes, it does not take long for things to get turned around, twisted and in some cases invented.

As to following the case "faithfully" I have to admit that I may have missed a news update somewhere along the way. I do not have it set up on any sort of news alert service. I look at several cases on more than one forum so it is hard to keep 100% uptodate at times. Feel free to post any case summary you think appropriate at any time. Also feel free to email me or PM me if you need to. I use this same user name at yahoo for email.
    Actually, Doc...the best source for information on Lisa's case..is through our family website www.FindLisaStebic.com ...go to the "A Look At Recent News/Press" page...and you will find most of what you are seeking.
    We update it immediately, when something new develops.
    Things have been a little "quiet" media-wise, recently...do to alot of "behind-the-scenes" work (Filming with CBS Network's 48 Hours Mystery program, Working with CBS Outdoor, the Chicago White Sox and Cubs, etc) to keep Lisa's face, name, reward monies, website and tip hotline directly in view with the Chicagoland public....while awaiting the painstaking lab examination of forensic minutia obtained by the PPD/FBI in a Midnight raid, back in May.
    All cases such as these must take their normal course of action. Investigation take time. We, as Lisa's family & support team, trust in the LE handling her case...and are quietly & patiently supporting them.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    Exactly how are you related to Lisa, AZ?
    (sigh)

I have been a long-time friend of her family.

I have worked in the TV/Radio News Industry for over 25 years.

I am co-creator of Lisa'swebsite www.FindLisaStebic.com (along with her cousin's Mark and Melanie Greenberg)

I am and have served as their Media Advisor/Facilitator, Website Administrator, Coordinator of Community Events/Searches...and Campaign Designer to Find Lisa Stebic! (since Wednesday, May 2nd, 2007...48 hours after Lisa went missing).

Lisa's other cousin, Don Z. and I have accepted the positions of "visiting" the different website discussing Lisa's case, both to monitor and contribute, on behalf of the family.
    I drew this one (among others, including Braveheart & CyberSleuths)..and he drew Topix, Voy.com & one other).
    We confer on a daily basis - about the questions being posed, the point of views being expressed and then, if necessary, discuss our answers prior to posting them.
    He, alas, is much more amusing, in his answers, than I.

Does this adequately answer your question, Seriously?

An article from the Chicago Tribune on Lisa's website would elucidate on this topic, much more...if you wish to invest the time.

See the bottom of our Recent Press/News page.

went there thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AZ News Watcher View Post
    Actually, Doc...the best source for information on Lisa's case..is through our family website www.FindLisaStebic.com ...go to the "A Look At Recent News/Press" page...and you will find most of what you are seeking. . .
    Thank you. I read one of your previous posts that mentioned that address and then went there and looked it over, paying attention to the links you have mentioned in your post #56 in this thread as well as a few of the other links. I also took a look at some of the source code, mostly out of curiosity as I have also done some website work from time to time.

At present time I do not see how I can be of much help in this case but will try to keep my eyes open for any new development.

Thank you. I read one of your previous posts that mentioned that address and then went there and looked it over, paying attention to the links you have mentioned in your post #56 in this thread as well as a few of the other links. I also took a look at some of the source code, mostly out of curiosity as I have also done some website work from time to time.

At present time I do not see how I can be of much help in this case but will try to keep my eyes open for any new development.
    We appreciate your time and your expertise, Doc.

You never know...something might "develop" with the case which would pique your interest, again, someday. But, until then, thanks for checking in!

I wonder about the Steibic kids. Surely they are back in school? Is Craig working these days? What's going on in that household? Boy would I like to be a fly on the wall i that house.

((but not get swatted!!)))
    Last edited by CW; 09-01-2007 at 03:51 AM. Reason: Due to quote being off topic

This was in my local paper today:

Police: Stebic case at a crossroads

Will meet with state's attorney about next steps

August 31, 2007
    By Janet Lundquist

Four months after Lisa Stebic disappeared, police say the missing woman's case is at a crossroads.
    The flow of tips about the missing mother of two has mostly dried up.

RELATED STORIES
    Find Lisa Stebic Web site

Police have searched local parks, trails, lakes, storage facilities and parking lots -- and anywhere else Lisa might have gone.
    Investigators have followed some leads out of state. They've consulted with other law enforcement agencies who have handled similar cases and interviewed and re-interviewed friends, family, acquaintances and others.
    Now police plan to meet with the state's attorney's office, which has assigned an assistant state's attorney as a point person on the case, to review the evidence.

ENTIRE ARTICLE HERE
    Last edited by christine2448; 08-31-2007 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Copy Violation-Removed portion of article and provided link to source.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast