1063 users online (168 members and 895 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

BOTULISM: French Style Green Bean RECALL in EFFECT!!!

wanted to post this cuz i think it's important to any members who might have this in their cupboards...

first chili & canned meat products, then the fisher price stuff, now this!

i'm getting scared to wake up in the morning! how many more things are gonna
    be recalled?

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2...all_alert.html

Thanks, Misty, for letting us know about this. If this keeps up, we will all be a nation of paranoid people.

Los Angeles, CA - I'm officially a "Valley Girl"
    I moving on to a strict diet of Cheetos and Beer...seems like the safe way to go

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I moving on to a strict diet of Cheetos and Beer...seems like the safe way to go
    Hey, that works for me.

Seriously, though...this is nuts. Thanks for posting this, I just forwarded the link to all my family and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by MistyM View Post
    wanted to post this cuz i think it's important to any members who might have this in their cupboards...

first chili & canned meat products, then the fisher price stuff, now this!

i'm getting scared to wake up in the morning! how many more things are gonna
    be recalled?

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2...all_alert.html
    --------------

At the rate they are going we will all be on diets,afraid to eat!
    My Buffy. He lives in Heaven now
    with my loved ones..xoxox

kind of makes you think about growing your own food for canning and eating.

*looks at my empty garden out the window*

i might not be so lazy next year!

I'm glad it's summer...I love shopping in the country and farmer's markets to get seasonal fresh veggies and fruits. I love fresh eggs, and can the difference between those and store bought ones. I buy meats from the market where cattle is raised local. Who knows where the meat at the grocery chains come from! It's getting scary with all the recalls!
    I would love to have my own garden, but never had time for one.

Yep, I'm buying groceries tomorrow....think I'll stack up on Oreo's and Diet Coke. lol

My mother was soooooo mad at me when I started buying raw cow's milk from a local lady ("Don't you know that pasteurization KILLS all the germs in milk? You're going to kill your whole family drinking that stuff!"). I'm having a hard time now, with all the e coli, botulism, etc cases in processed foods, keeping from saying "Yeah...raw milk is soooooooooo dangerous!" LOL

Are Walmart's store brand on this list yet? I just had some french style green beans the other day. I'm already altering my way of buying groceries after getting ill right after eating the Austex Beef Stew. This is getting ridiculous. Obviously the health of the public means nothing to our government, inspectors, and the CEO's and owners of these companies.

Quote Originally Posted by txsvicki View Post
    Are Walmart's store brand on this list yet? I just had some french style green beans the other day. I'm already altering my way of buying groceries after getting ill right after eating the Austex Beef Stew. This is getting ridiculous. Obviously the health of the public means nothing to our government, inspectors, and the CEO's and owners of these companies.
    omg you got ill! i'm so sorry for you. i hope you are feeling better though.

how soon after eating the stew did you get sick? you should be okay with the beans. if i were you i would quit eating from cans too!

isn't it sickening when they do these recalls and they aren't publicizing them enough? i mean you gotta read this on a message board when you or your kid's lives are in danger!

poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniffy38 View Post
    Thanks, Misty, for letting us know about this. If this keeps up, we will all be a nation of paranoid people.
    If this keeps up we will need a special FORUM just for food recalls - geez

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

Thanks for posting this! I have a can of the Happy Harvest green beans in my cupboard. It doesn't match the numbers on the recall but I still think Im going to pitch it.

Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by poco View Post
    If this keeps up we will need a special FORUM just for food recalls - geez
    I was thinking the same thing the other day. This is getting beyond ridiculous trying to keep up with all these recalls!

Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
    Oops forgot to say ...

Thanks for the heads up, Misty!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast