BOTULISM: French Style Green Bean RECALL in EFFECT!!!

Thanks, Misty, for letting us know about this. If this keeps up, we will all be a nation of paranoid people.

I moving on to a strict diet of Cheetos and Beer...seems like the safe way to go ;)

I moving on to a strict diet of Cheetos and Beer...seems like the safe way to go ;)

Hey, that works for me. :crazy:

Seriously, though...this is nuts. Thanks for posting this, I just forwarded the link to all my family and friends.

kind of makes you think about growing your own food for canning and eating.

*looks at my empty garden out the window*

i might not be so lazy next year!

I'm glad it's summer...I love shopping in the country and farmer's markets to get seasonal fresh veggies and fruits. I love fresh eggs, and can the difference between those and store bought ones. I buy meats from the market where cattle is raised local. Who knows where the meat at the grocery chains come from! It's getting scary with all the recalls!
I would love to have my own garden, but never had time for one.

Yep, I'm buying groceries tomorrow....think I'll stack up on Oreo's and Diet Coke. lol

My mother was soooooo mad at me when I started buying raw cow's milk from a local lady ("Don't you know that pasteurization KILLS all the germs in milk? You're going to kill your whole family drinking that stuff!"). I'm having a hard time now, with all the e coli, botulism, etc cases in processed foods, keeping from saying "Yeah...raw milk is soooooooooo dangerous!" LOL

Are Walmart's store brand on this list yet? I just had some french style green beans the other day. I'm already altering my way of buying groceries after getting ill right after eating the Austex Beef Stew. This is getting ridiculous. Obviously the health of the public means nothing to our government, inspectors, and the CEO's and owners of these companies.

Are Walmart's store brand on this list yet? I just had some french style green beans the other day. I'm already altering my way of buying groceries after getting ill right after eating the Austex Beef Stew. This is getting ridiculous. Obviously the health of the public means nothing to our government, inspectors, and the CEO's and owners of these companies.

omg you got ill! i'm so sorry for you. i hope you are feeling better though.

how soon after eating the stew did you get sick? you should be okay with the beans. if i were you i would quit eating from cans too!

isn't it sickening when they do these recalls and they aren't publicizing them enough? i mean you gotta read this on a message board when you or your kid's lives are in danger!

Thanks, Misty, for letting us know about this. If this keeps up, we will all be a nation of paranoid people.

If this keeps up we will need a special FORUM just for food recalls - geez

Thanks for posting this! I have a can of the Happy Harvest green beans in my cupboard. It doesn't match the numbers on the recall but I still think Im going to pitch it.

If this keeps up we will need a special FORUM just for food recalls - geez

I was thinking the same thing the other day. This is getting beyond ridiculous trying to keep up with all these recalls! :crazy:

Oops forgot to say ...

Thanks for the heads up, Misty! :)

wanted to post this cuz i think it's important to any members who might have this in their cupboards...

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva]first chili & canned meat products, then the fisher price stuff, now this!

i'm getting scared to wake up in the morning! how many more things are gonna
be recalled?

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2007/8/2/green_bean_recall_alert.html
[/FONT]

Ah, geez, Misty. I'm about to the point where I think we all need to plant gardens and start growing our own food as much as we can.

In 1991, after the Twin Towers attack, hubby (works in the oilfield) came home saying something about some area salt domes being possible future targets because they are used to store strategic oil deposits. This started us talking about different avenues our enemies might take, and boy was that a lively discussion! Of course we all agreed with stuff like they'd try to shut down major transportation avenues and ports, shut down major power grids, nuclear plants and stuff like that, but way back then my husband raised two critical points that have sort of haunted me. He said he believes germ or chemical attacks don't have to be directly aimed at us people, but they could be aimed at our food and water supplies. If you shut down the food and water, you've brought a nation to its knees.

We have a recall of French Style Green Beans but not the brand you have in the US.

It is a generic brand, but the recall is in effect in Ontario and Quebec.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anniegirl401
Back