1049 users online (227 members and 822 guests)  

Websleuths News

FL - Ele Colborn, 76, found murdered, Fernandina Beach, 20 April 2007

http://www.news4jax.com/news/13813782/detail.html
    FERNANDINA BEACH, Fla. -- A 34-year-old career criminal arrested last month on violation of probation is now charged with home invasions and rapes in Fernandina Beach and St. Augustine and is considered a person of interest in the slaying of a Fernandina Beach community activist in April.
    =======
    more @ link.

Back in June, reports surfaced of an elderly woman being raped in her Fernandina Beach home.
    Friday morning, 34-year-old Dusty Bowman was reportedly arrested and accused of breaking into the woman's home and raping her.
    The attack sparked area police to caution residents about ensuring their home’s security. Authorities say the attacker had an easy way inside the house, entering a screened-in lanai through an open window, then finding a key underneath a welcome mat.
    Bowman is also being questioned about other attacks, including the sexual assault of an elderly St. Augustine woman, also in June. According to police, the attacker made his way into the home through a broken window. The victim, who was in her 70’s, told police the man had sexually assaulted her and killed her dog.
    http://www.cbs47.com/content/topstor...9-7d62b9bd59eb

Quote Originally Posted by sherri79 View Post
    Back in June, reports surfaced of an elderly woman being raped in her Fernandina Beach home.
    Friday morning, 34-year-old Dusty Bowman was reportedly arrested and accused of breaking into the woman's home and raping her.
    The attack sparked area police to caution residents about ensuring their home’s security. Authorities say the attacker had an easy way inside the house, entering a screened-in lanai through an open window, then finding a key underneath a welcome mat.
    Bowman is also being questioned about other attacks, including the sexual assault of an elderly St. Augustine woman, also in June. According to police, the attacker made his way into the home through a broken window. The victim, who was in her 70’s, told police the man had sexually assaulted her and killed her dog.
    http://www.cbs47.com/content/topstor...9-7d62b9bd59eb
    SICK!!!!!!!!!!! So now he has killed an elderly woman on top of it all! How sad!!!!!!!! I used to live very close to Fernandina when my ex was in the Navy and was stationed at Kingsbay, GA.
    I once was lost, but now I'm found and I don't know how I survived without Milk Bones and fluffy pillows...Frank (a loving rescued dog)

From April 2012:

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2...e-after-guilty

An Ohio man pleaded guilty Thursday to first-degree murder following the 2007 beating death of 76-year-old Fernandina Beach community activist Ele Colborn in her home.

Dusty Lee Bowman, 39, made the guilty plea in court, one day after he was indicted by a Nassau County grand jury on murder, Police Chief James Hurley said. He was sentenced by Circuit Judge Robert Foster to life in prison without parole...