WI WI - Kelly Nolan, 22, Madison, 23 Jun 2007 #2

ladymemac
Re- your post # 541

Wow!

You've done amazing work on the case and it's clear that LE needs to go back and take another look at the sketch suspect!!

Hopefully the family reads about this guy & puts pressure on LE to bring him in for questioning.

With school starting in a few wks they need an arrest. Instead they have swept it under the rug!

I have 3 friends whose daughters will be attending Madison in Sept. None are withdrawing, but the Moms are going crazy and the daughters are a tad concerned. Yes, an arrest would be wonderful...otherwise they will continue sweeping because $ is ALWAYS the bottom line. So simple, really...but...

I have 3 friends whose daughters will be attending Madison in Sept. None are withdrawing, but the Moms are going crazy and the daughters are a tad concerned. Yes, an arrest would be wonderful...otherwise they will continue sweeping because $ is ALWAYS the bottom line. So simple, really...but...
I am so grateful my daughter is already somewhere else (and on the Dean's Honor Roll)! Would I allow my child to attend the UW-anywhere even with her stats? No, decidedly...no. I would pull her just in the remote case it could save her life until they catch this predator....no matter if he did this once, twice, or twenty times...she is still my child and there is a problem.

Parents are the first defense. Why put your daughter in harm's way?! Convenience? Money? No reason is good enough. If enough people this semester would pull their young women and see results from LE...UW has enormous amount of pull with LE and we would see results fast.

Brief Update....News Conference Thur Aug 9
Madison police officials are hopeful state crime lab analysis of evidence will lead to Kelly Nolan's killer.

Investigators found Nolan's body in a rural area near Oregon four weeks ago Monday.....
More

http://wkow.madison.com/News/index.php?ID=13779

Detectives Working Full Time On Nolan Case
It has been four weeks since the body of Kelly Nolan was found in dense woods north of Oregon, but there are few visible signs of progress in the investigation.
Madison Police Department spokesman Joel DeSpain said today that "detectives are working full-time on the case. We still have good leads and are following them."
But no suspects have been named or charges filed in the homicide case that has drawn nationwide attention.
More...
http://www.madison.com/tct/news/stories/204404

Parents are the first defense. Why put your daughter in harm's way?! Convenience? Money? No reason is good enough. If enough people this semester would pull their young women and see results from LE...UW has enormous amount of pull with LE and we would see results fast.

Here's the thing, though... I'm sure a lot of concerned parents have called UW. I'm sure also that the party line is that "binge drinking" is one of the main concerns and that they vaguely hint that one of the things that put Kelly in danger was the drinking. After all, drinking is something parents think they can control and will focus on over finding a serial killer.

It's very scary - I'm glad I'm not on campus anymore.

They are concentrating on the drinking and sometimes I feel they are blaming Kelly for getting herself into the situation which ticks me off. Yes, it did put her into a precarious situation, but I hope kids will just be smart about sticking together and take steps to be safer while out. The fact is...they aren't going to prevent them from drinking in college entirely...so parents need to teach them how to do it safely and more responsibly.

It is scary knowing there is a killer on the loose in Madison and that the media isn't blasting it from the airwaves and have it jumping off the newspaper. This can motivate LE. I want this guy found and locked up before they have anything else happen. Madison will increase in size over the next two weeks or so and others will be at risk. It does have me worried and I think parents of students should be very concerned! I hope out of state parents are made fully aware of Kelly's case and know what is going on in Madison.

They said on the news last night that they had found the guy in the sketch a while back. He was questioned and they did not consider him a suspect.
Sorry no link...was on the local news.

Brief Update....News Conference Thur Aug 9
Madison police officials are hopeful state crime lab analysis of evidence will lead to Kelly Nolan's killer.

Investigators found Nolan's body in a rural area near Oregon four weeks ago Monday.....
More

http://wkow.madison.com/News/index.php?ID=13779

Any idea on time for the PC? My cable is getting installed today, I'll probably miss it...

But Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen's spokesperson, Kevin St. John said evidence analysis at the crime lab is being carried out more swiftly than under former Attorney General Peg Lautenschlager, although he refused to comment on expectations for when evidence in the Nolan's case will be analyzed. ~snip~
Madison police officials noted evidence analysis takes times and did not criticize the speed with which evidence analysis is taking place in the Nolan case, but said their investigation may hinge on the results of the scientific work. "Alot of our evidence is there," spokesman Joel DeSpain told 27 News. "We're still waiting for those test results to come back."

http://wkow.madison.com/News/index.php?ID=13819

That is totally disheartening, isn't it? They have nothing. Absolutely nothing. <sigh>

Soooooo the police just kinda forget that they were planning a press conference, and the media just kinda lets them get away with it...

Meanwhile a killer is on the loose...

The WI crime lab is a VERY popular target for local LE not solving crimes. I'm not saying that there's not a backlog, but DNA doesn't solve crimes. Crimes were being solved for hundreds/thousands of years before this using DETECTIVE work... DNA is supposed to confirm, not find the culprit.

Ang,
In regards to the Wi crime lab:
A lady who lived 2 miles from me was murdered Aug 20,2006. Her BF had brutally stabbed her to death / then stabbed himself 2 times to make it look good.
Crime lab results just came back on 7/20/07 trial had to be postponed until 9/7/07. Her body has yet to be released for burial.

JusticeForSue.com His name is: Peter G Whyte
Her brother Patrick Weiland produces DateLine on ABC. This fall he is to do a program on Domestic Violence featuring her story.
If it weren't for Patrick I seriously doubt Pete would of got arrested.

Her family pushed & got several more crime lab techs hired at the Crime Lab.

Here is another short artical but it really doesn't say anything new.

Madison Police Still Seek Info On Kelly Nolan
Police spokesman Joel DeSpain is urging people who might be in the area where her body was found to check their memories.

He says they have no suspects in the case, but they have promising leads.

Investigators have submitted evidence to the state Crime Lab, which may help their case.

http://www.wfrv.com/news/state/story.aspx?content_id=9a70a68c-43a8-4290-a17c-6c8ad4879cbd

I have no clue what happened to the press conference. Can not find anything saying that it happened or that it was cancelled. :banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back