CANADA Canada - Cedrika Provencher, 9, Trois-Rivieres, QC, 31 July 2007

Jovin

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Fri Aug 3, 8:59 PM

By Sidhartha Banerjee

TROIS-RIVIERES, Que. (CP) - In a quiet suburban neighbourhood in central Quebec, there is talk of a stranger who has approached children asking for help in finding a lost black and white dog.

In the days leading up to the disappearance of nine-year-old Cedrika Provencher on Tuesday, there was at least one other child who was approached by the stranger.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/que_missing_girl

From the article it sounds like they at least have a decent description of him. I hope she's found soon, alive and well. He sounds like he has a mental disorder as well, what with being able to actually approach another adult stranger asking about their babysitter!!

(from link)A young mother, Jenny Girard, 24, told police that a man came to her home on Saturday and told her 13-year-old babysitter that she was pretty and that she should come with him for a swim.
The man came by a second time and Girard says she confronted him but he denied having been at her house. She says she gave police a description of the man.
"My five-year-old daughter was with the babysitter outside. I don't know if he was looking at the babysitter or my daughter or both," Girard said.

:sick:

Does Canada have RSO lists?

I am glad they have a good description of this man. He seems to be the likely suspect. Hopefully, they will get him locked up where he belongs and find her safe.

This case is close to home. Police are investigating a similar incident in which a women and or man approached a young girl and asked to to look for a lost dog. The man then tired to abduct the young girl, she fought and escaped.

This town is surrounded by a heavily wooded area. The girl has been missing since Tuesday night. All the stops have been pulled out by the Quebec Police and hundreds of volunteers, helicopters, dogs etc.

I hope and pray this little girl is found safe and sound. But as time goes by....day after day......

For any of you around 5 years ago, remember 2002 when Danielle Van Dam was kidnapped and murdered in February, Elizabeth Smart was kidnapped in June followed by Samanth Runnion's abduction and murder in July?

This year is turning into a similar year with child abductions.

For any of you around 5 years ago, remember 2002 when Danielle Van Dam was kidnapped and murdered in February, Elizabeth Smart was kidnapped in June followed by Samanth Runnion's abduction and murder in July?

This year is turning into a similar year with child abductions.
Don't say that..ugh!
I will never forget it.
I also will never forget going to closing arguments for Avila's trial and sitting behind Erin Runion and across from Avila.
I drive over the Ortegas a lot and I cannot go through there without thinking of that poor little girl. Poor Samantha!

I hope they find this little girl.

True, the Police and Parole know where the offenders live, but it is not made public.

From a recent story today: Police have confirmed that they have three different incidents of three little girls around the same age, living in the same area that were approached by a man who asked them to help him look for a lost dog. Exactly the situation that lead to this little girl being kidnapped.

This girl has been missing since July 31.

It will be a week today that little Cedrika has been missing.

LE is going to stop cars from 5-9 p.m. in the area and ask drivers if they remember anything from last Tuesday.

They still have no clues to the suspect, or where this little girl could be.

Lets hope they find her alive and well.

No one saw her kidnapped, no suspects, no descriptions, no var description.

Just a little girl of 9 who vanished.

The Police have a "vague" sketch of the man who approached the three other little girls. But it does not seem to be enough to do an actual profile.

There is a lot of wooded area that has not been searched yet, and the Father has organized a volunteer group to attempt to search wooded areas.

Volunteers help search for missing 9-year-old girl

Updated Wed. Aug. 8 2007 7:28 PM ET
CTV.ca News Staff
Eight days after nine-year-old Cedrika Provencher vanished from a Quebec community, a small army of volunteers took part Wednesday in a family-organized search.
Cedrika's father, Martin Provencher, was moved to tears as more than 100 people searched a wooded area near a highway in Trois-Rivieres.
"I'm truly touched, truly touched," he said.
The search was done independently from police, but Provencher said he had spoken to investigators and made sure the group would not hinder their efforts.
Quebec Provincial Police took over the search for Cedrika late last week.
While police examined land along the banks of the St. Maurice River Wednesday, volunteers focused on an area near a section of Highway 55.
Among the volunteers helping the Provencher family was Rejean Dion, whose 11-year-old son died years ago.
"I'm asking my son to guide me so we can find Cedrika," he told CTV Montreal.
Another volunteer, Michael Haley, said he hoped to find any clue that would help police find the little girl.
"We're all here together to see what we can do," he said. "We don't know what we can find, but we're trying to find something."
Meanwhile, detectives continue to investigate reports Cedrika had been asked by a man to search for a lost dog.
Other girls have come forward saying they were also asked to help find the animal, but police lack enough details to release a composite sketch of the man.
Late Tuesday, police set up a road-block in Cedrika's neighbourhood to stop motorists and ask if they had seen any suspicious activity.
"We don't have a strong lead in this investigation, we don't know where she is, so we're looking for more information," said Quebec provincial police spokeswoman Isabelle Gendron.
She added that investigators "verify every detail we receive."
Provencher has vowed to keep searching, and has pleaded for his daughter's safety.
"She has a life to live," he said.
Businesses and charity group have raised a $50,000 reward for key information that would help solve the case.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNe...volunteers_cedrika_070808/20070808?hub=Canada

No nothing yet. They still are searching. The police can't get a detailed enough description of the "suspect" as they young girls who were approached by the "suspect" are too young and very vague on their descriptions. Last night they showed an interview with the mother very heartbreaking.

Looked her up and she's still missing. 3 weeks is a long time :(

Apparently there are papers in Canada now reporting that two adults, a man and a woman, may have been involved. On Courttv some are even speculating that Karla Homolka may have something to do with it, basically because she lives nearby in Montreal but that sounds far-fetched to me somehow. I was told by a Canadian friend that Homolka is suspected every time a kid is late for dinner in Quebec ever since she's been released from prison and settled in Montreal so I'd take reports involving her with a grain of salt. If there was any substance to it the story would already be on the Crime Library where Homolka's mug is prominently featured on their homepage and has been for years. Anything serious regarding her would be there within 24 hours.

The "couple theory" is apparently based on a new analysis of the witness statements gathered on July 31st and the following days, however I wasn't able to trace this theory to Canadian LE sources from online articles, only to implied leaks from agencies involved in the investigation. The "ongoing investigation" statement is all LE will comment about this latest rumor.

Three weeks is a long time when a child has been abducted. Especially if the person is a pervert which is what he sounds like. He was sure trying to get a little child to go with him. I hope this little girl is still alive but it really is doubtful.

I wouldn't rule out Karla. That woman is evil and just because she spent a few years in prison doesn't mean that she has changed. I can't for the life of me see any decent man wanting to marry her either. Who knows, she could have married one just like the last one. She got just as much out of those murders as her husband did.

The father of a nine-year-old girl who has been missing for three weeks was given fresh hope and relief yesterday after learning that police believe his daughter may still be alive.

Quebec provincial police revealed they have information that there were several sightings last week of Cédrika Provencher.

While the Provencher family has always maintained Cédrika is alive, her father admitted the new details have reinvigorated their spirits.

"It's a relief; it's balm for the soul," Martin Provencher said during a rare break from co-ordinating and participating in volunteer searches for his daughter.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20070823.MISSING23/TPStory/National

I pray Cedrika comes home safely.

Prayers for Cedrika and her family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear