1197 users online (219 members and 978 guests)  

Websleuths News

MO - Megan Shultz, 24, Columbia, 4 Aug 2006

http://someoneismissing.com/missouri/megan-shultz.htm

I couldn't find a thread for Megan, so I thought I would start one. I didn't know anything about her disappearance until today when the local paper did an update.
    It seems that her disappearance in voluntary; however, she suffers from severe mental illness.

http://www.showmenews.com/2007/Aug/20070804News010.asp

A year later, mom continues search for daughter

A year ago today, she disappeared without a trace, leaving behind her mother, a husband and an infant daughter.
    Megan Shultz was last seen by her husband, Keith Comfort, about 1 a.m. Aug. 4, 2006, at her Amelia Street apartment. She was wearing a pink tank top, white capri pants and flip-flops. Since September, she has been listed with the National Center for Missing Adults.
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 03-29-2010 at 05:11 PM.

OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    Sounds to me she has Bipolar like her dad does.

I hope she is OK- we do some pretty scarey and dangerous things while manic!

http://archives.chicagotribune.com/2...singmissourimo

11 Feb 09

Itís been more than two years since Megan Nicole Shultz was last seen alive.

The 24-year-old woman walked out of her Columbia apartment in August 2006 after an argument with her husband, leaving behind him and their infant daughter. Less than three weeks after her disappearance, Shultzís husband, Keith Comfort, filed for divorce. He now lives in Kenosha, Wis., with a new wife and 3-year-old daughter Kaelin.

Shultzís mother thinks her daughter is dead. The missing womanís best friend holds out hope she is still alive. And Columbia police remain stumped by one of its oldest cases involving a missing person.

ďI donít know how many leads Iíve followed,Ē said Detective John Short. ďIíve got nothing.Ē

much more at link

OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    Huh, I don't recall the fight with the husband and her leaving on foot from when she was first missing. I also never heard about the difficulties with her mother. I wonder where she is...

Almost 9 years now. Did someone get away with murder?

I went to youth group with Megan roughly 15 years ago. I think its so sad that she is still missing. I didn't know her very well, but my heart goes out to her friends and family. I saw a poster for her 6-7 years ago and was shocked that she was missing. I am glad there are people and websites like this; it really gives me hope for humanity.

11 years and Megan is still missing.
    Praying for her to finally be found. It has been too long.

From the Charley Project:

(Images circa 2006)

In reading the Charley Project synopsis, I was left feeling...WHAT?!

She was going out with friends. She never showed up. 3 weeks later her husband filed for divorce. Wait, what?!

I really wonder what kind of investigative resources were brought to bear on this? If any?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    We are here to help. I will do my best to not cause any hindrance, in any manner.
    I will at times, "think out loud." I have done this since I can remember.
    I will share my opinions. Thoughts. Insights. And I encourage everyone else to do the same.
    Let's find them, and bring them home!

We Are All One Human Race!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_M View Post
    From the Charley Project:

(Images circa 2006)

In reading the Charley Project synopsis, I was left feeling...WHAT?!

She was going out with friends. She never showed up. 3 weeks later her husband filed for divorce. Wait, what?!

I really wonder what kind of investigative resources were brought to bear on this? If any?
    I also wonder that.
    It is time for answers. There's been nothing said in a very long time.

This woman had a daughter and my heart hurts for that little girl to have had to grow up not knowing where her mother is.