610 users online (56 members and 554 guests)  

Websleuths News

The lovely Sacramento Valley in northern California

Smile & say, "CHEESE".

OK...it's not funny (but I'd love to have seen the pic)!

"An Auburn dentist waited until his assistant was sedated for oral surgery and then put fake boar tusks in her mouth. Her eyes were pried open. Pictures were taken. And oh, was it funny -- until the woman found out what happened".

More at link:
    http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/...igprank27.html

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlydaze View Post
    OK...it's not funny (but I'd love to have seen the pic)!

"An Auburn dentist waited until his assistant was sedated for oral surgery and then put fake boar tusks in her mouth. Her eyes were pried open. Pictures were taken. And oh, was it funny -- until the woman found out what happened".

More at link:
    http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/...igprank27.html
    I was hoping the picture was there too.
    What a story!

I would have wanted to see a picture too. What he did was not funny IMO.

I love it! I would like to meet that guy!! ROFLMAO What a great joke! (George Clooney would have loved this one, too!)

His assistant was just a spoilsport! He didn't harm her in any way and it was a practical joke...albeit a very dramatic and carefully executed practical joke! Still...she was just being an @zz by taking him to court over it. I would have laughed really hard then planned my "revenge" of a more dramatic and carefully executed practical joke...as I hold the title of Queen around here for those. hehehe

C'mon, People! WHERE is your sense of humor?!?!?!
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

I think we'd have to see the pictures to make an intelligent decision about whether the joke was harmless or went too far. Putting fake tusks in her mouth is one thing, having her eyes pried open for the picture is another.

I don't understand how an insurance company could be justified paying the dentist 3 times what he paid the assistant in the lawsuit against him. No wonder dental/medical care is so high.

Gee you wonder why this humiliated women never went back.

I am glad she got 250K and the Dentist should have gotten zero.

I am on the fence with this one. As a nurse I know that when a person is sedated they are in a very vulnerable position and just knowing that can be quite stressful. I think that maybe this women over reacted a bit by filing a lawsuit just leave and don't go back. The fact that the insurance company had to reimburse this dentist the 250,000.00 + is crazy. I guess I don't really understand malpractice insurance that well.

I have a great sense of humor and like practical jokes. But you've got to "know your audience." This dentist certainly did not.

I think for a medical professional to pull a stunt like this when someone is under sedation is extremely invasive. This dentist is obviously an oaf. Had I been on a jury hearing this case, I would have definitely wanted to find a judgment against him to help teach him a lesson.

Of course, I loathe dentists on principle, so my perspective could be skewed.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    I love it! I would like to meet that guy!! ROFLMAO What a great joke! (George Clooney would have loved this one, too!)

His assistant was just a spoilsport! He didn't harm her in any way and it was a practical joke...albeit a very dramatic and carefully executed practical joke! Still...she was just being an @zz by taking him to court over it. I would have laughed really hard then planned my "revenge" of a more dramatic and carefully executed practical joke...as I hold the title of Queen around here for those. hehehe

C'mon, People! WHERE is your sense of humor?!?!?!
    I think where he made his mistake, was he didnt tell HER--- it became an office joke, but she was only the brunt of it---

Quote Originally Posted by CaliKid View Post
    I think we'd have to see the pictures to make an intelligent decision about whether the joke was harmless or went too far. Putting fake tusks in her mouth is one thing, having her eyes pried open for the picture is another.

I don't understand how an insurance company could be justified paying the dentist 3 times what he paid the assistant in the lawsuit against him. No wonder dental/medical care is so high.
    that p*ssed me offff big time-------

Dentists usually work on their employees for free. Given my lack of insurance, I'd probably think it was funny if it happened to me unless the employer was really horrible to begin with. The assistant must have trusted the man very well to be sedated. This could affect the man's career and the woman's ability to find other dental work if she's interested.