1139 users online (216 members and 923 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Two Mideastern men caught

Two Mideastern men were arrested with bomb making materials, including explosives, in their trunk. They are not citizens.

link please?

Near Charleston, SC. Two college students, 24, and 21, from Florida, non-citizens. Being held at the Berkeley Correctional Center. They were near a Naval Weapons Station.

CNN

Bomb scare closes S.C. highway
    GOOSE CREEK, S.C., Aug. 4 (UPI) -- A South Carolina highway was closed for hours Saturday night while authorities used a bomb squad robot to search a car.

Although U.S. Highway 176 in Goose Creek near Charleston, S.C., was closed for more than four hours, the FBI said there was "no immediate threat," The (Charleston) Post and Courier reported. More than a dozen police cars, fire trucks and an ambulance surrounded the gray sedan being searched, the newspaper said.

An FBI spokeswoman said the federal agency was trying to determine if a crime had been committed. One witness told the newspaper the incident appeared to have started about 7 p.m. when police making a routine traffic stop and were talking with one man who might have been of Middle Eastern descent. The road was still blocked by authorities after 11 p.m.

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/Top_New..._highway/1445/

Update: Two men to be charged Monday in connection with bomb scare on U.S. 176

http://www.charleston.net/news/2007/...creek_highway/

Suspects are 21-year-old Yousef Megahed and 24-year-old Ahmed Mohamed
    http://www.abcnews4.com/news/stories/0807/444994.html

Authorities aren't releasing any info on this until tomorrow morning - seems like it is very hush hush...

Thanks for the updates.

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousAnne View Post
    Update: Two men to be charged Monday in connection with bomb scare on U.S. 176

http://www.charleston.net/news/2007/...creek_highway/

Suspects are 21-year-old Yousef Megahed and 24-year-old Ahmed Mohamed
    http://www.abcnews4.com/news/stories/0807/444994.html

Authorities aren't releasing any info on this until tomorrow morning - seems like it is very hush hush...
    CA, I can imagine. Depending on what they had, this news could be the first sign of a large terrorist network, here in the U.S., planning on striking.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzm1 View Post
    CA, I can imagine. Depending on what they had, this news could be the first sign of a large terrorist network, here in the U.S., planning on striking.
    as much as I dont want to agree with you buzz...I do
    I dont live my life day to day in fear,but I do believe we have not seen the last of it

Quote Originally Posted by j2mirish View Post
    as much as I dont want to agree with you buzz...I do
    I dont live my life day to day in fear,but I do believe we have not seen the last of it
    I'm really anxious to hear what they were carrying in their trunk.

I'm really anxious to hear what they were carrying in their trunk.
    I hope this is just a dumbass----------not the real deal, I guess what is in the trunk will help decipher between the two choices

They said they were ten miles from the Naval Weapons Center. The police found one already made bomb, plus fuses, and igniters, to build more. Plus they had chemicals of some type. Mohamed Ahmed & Yousef

Now the FBI is defusing the story, saying the men had enough stuff to make good fireworks, but not bombs. Does that make everyone feel better??

Not me.

Now the FBI is defusing the story, saying the men had enough stuff to make good fireworks, but not bombs. Does that make everyone feel better??

Not me.
    me either---- that is a big....... WHATEVER

me either---- that is a big....... WHATEVER
    I'm starting to feel like a mushroom already.

I figure they think the less we know, the better off we will be.

I'm starting to feel like a mushroom already.

I figure they think the less we know, the better off we will be.
    i dont think they care about US at all--- they just dont want anyone to know anything, when it comes to infiltration-- kwim?

i dont think they care about US at all--- they just dont want anyone to know anything, when it comes to infiltration-- kwim?
    I wonder if they would release these guys just so they could surveil every call, or computer connection, they make, in the hope of connecting others with them??

I would like to know what the police found; they said they found bomb making materials. Would they have misidentified what they found??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast