1081 users online (268 members and 813 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

NC - GeorgeAnna Setzer, 48, Statesville, 5 Aug 2007

This lady is missing from my home town as of yesterday.

STATESVILLE, N.C. -- Police are looking for a missing mother who disappeared Sunday afternoon and has not been heard from since.
    Police say George Anna Setzer, 48, was supposed to pick up her daughter from a friend's house, but never arrived and never called. She had told her daughter she would be out running errands.
    "Probably around 9 p.m. her daughter calls me and says they can't find George Anna. We were in a panic because this is so unlike her not to call, or at least touch base with at least one of us," said Amy Brier, Setzer's friend.
    "She's very responsible, she's a good mother. She would not just go off and leave her child," Brier added.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/stori...n.b0925ac.html

Unhappy

"Police say there's no sign of foul play at Setzer's Statesville home, and she left behind her cell phone and personal belongings. Officers say the last known contact she's had with anyone was a neighbor a few streets over. Setzer dropped off some furniture at the home around 4:30 p.m."

When they mention that the missing person doesn't have his/her personal belongings, it really worries me. If she was going to leave the house to pick up her daughter, she would have left with her cell phone. I don't know what other "personal belongings" could be, but could it mean that she didn't have her purse?? If she were scheduled to run errands, she would naturally have to have her purse (Drivers' license/registration etc.)

I have a feeling that even though LE didn't find foul play at the house, something else is bound to turn up. I hope that they find her car...

MG

Another woman just disappearing into thin air. Maybe she answered the door and someone grabbed her or maybe it was someone that she knew and she went with them willingly believing whatever she was told. Did she have her car or was it at her home?

This doesn't sound like a mother that just neglected to pick up her daughter. I wonder if she has a husband or if there is an ex or a boyfriend around?

A great clue would be if her purse was at home or not. Most women don't leave their purse at home when they go somewhere. I can see a cell phone being left behind by accident but not a purse. I hope she is alright and her daughter hears from her soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbisangel View Post
    Another woman just disappearing into thin air. Maybe she answered the door and someone grabbed her or maybe it was someone that she knew and she went with them willingly believing whatever she was told. Did she have her car or was it at her home?

This doesn't sound like a mother that just neglected to pick up her daughter. I wonder if she has a husband or if there is an ex or a boyfriend around?

A great clue would be if her purse was at home or not. Most women don't leave their purse at home when they go somewhere. I can see a cell phone being left behind by accident but not a purse. I hope she is alright and her daughter hears from her soon.
    From the link above:
    <snip>
    Police say they have interviewed family and friends, including Setzer's husband whom she is separated from, and everyone has been cooperative.

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.” Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

Scary. I have friends in Statesville. Getting a little close to home!

I hate when they say "personal belongings". That could mean anything. But the cell phone thing is interesting. Who leaves that at home, especially when running errands and your daughter is at a friend's house. If ever you need your cell phone with you, it's then.

Not a good sign.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far. - Joe Walsh

Update

Today's paper said that her purse was in the apartment. She had recently sold her house which was 2 blocks away and moved into the apartment. She went to the old house to take the trash bin out to the road, which is why they think she left her purse and belongings behind (she only intended to go 2 blocks over and return home). There has been no sign of her or her car since Sunday afternoon. She is a well known former business owner in Statesville and from all indications, would never just leave her daughter behind. She used to own a very upscale ladies clothing store and according to friends, was always dressed to the nines. If she were going to go somewhere, she would have taken her makeup and clothes. They did say that her boyfriend and ex-husband are cooperating.

What worries me is that just a few blocks from here, about 2 weeks ago, a man was beaten to death by a gang of teenagers. This is a quiet and peaceful town, but it seems that lately some pretty scary things are taking place near the downtown area.

Thankfully, they have done a good job of getting the word out by showing it on the local news, posting fliers all over town, the Chamber of Commerce sent an email to all members and the police department used the CTY system to call all local homes with the message to be looking for her.

Prayers for her to be found and for her teenage daughter.

odd story

Quote Originally Posted by spclk View Post
    . . . She went to the old house to take the trash bin out to the road, which is why they think she left her purse and belongings behind (she only intended to go 2 blocks over and return home) . . .
    This is not the first case I have heard of where someone disappeared while going to take out the trash, not necessarily in the same city or town but I have heard of such cases before on websleuths.

She's the daughter-in-law (I guess soon to be ex-daughter-in-law) of a friend of my mom. They live in Salisbury, just a clip from Statesville. Here's the site for George Anna.

www.findgeorgeanna.com

Her boyfriend was on Greta last night and he said that she has a good relationship with the ex. I got the impression they all got along well. He was with his son earlier that day when he heard from her last.

If she was "flashy" (and I mean that in a nice way), it's very possible someone saw $$ and took her along with her car. Gosh, I hope she's going to be found alive and well but it doesn't sound good.

Lastest update: Still no sign of George Anna or her vehicle. The Chamber of Commerce sent out another email today asking for volunteers to sign up "just in case" the SBI decides to do a walking search. I think I am going to sign up to volunteer. I just feel so bad for her daughter and her family.

Did she drive her car to the house to take out the trash? Did the neighbor see her car?
    This isn't making sense if she walked over there.

I undertand that she drove to the house from the apartment, but didn't take her purse or phone because it was such a close/quick trip.

Maybe she had an accident along the way to the old house? That would explain the car and her missing. She may be down an embankment or in a ditch or something.

This area is downtown and literally within walking distance from one to the other. It is my understanding that the area has been searched thoroughly. I used to live in the historic district where she lived and there is really no where near there where the car could have gone off the road that would not be visible. Although this is a beautiful area of the city to live in, only a few blocks away it is less desirable and an area of some crime activity. Granted, this is a small town, and we don't get very much violent crime, but I know that nearby there have been some drug problems and such.

From the website for her:
    George Anna Chambers Setzer
    With deep sadness, we have to inform you that George Anna Chamber Setzer was located Wednesday tonight in her vehicle at the Greensboro Airport. Initial findings do not indicate foul play. However, an autopsy is pending.

George Anna's family would like to express to you their sincerest gratitude for all the wonderful things that every one has done during these horrible, trying last few days. The love and support has been overwhelming to every one that has been involved.

Please continue to keep Anne Edward, George, Barbara, Robb, Glenn and the rest of George Anna's family and friends in your prayers.
    If you have any information please call the Statesville Police Department at 704-878-3406.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast