7 Year Old Battles Gunman

White Rain

Reaction score
What a brave little girl! She sounds absolutely precious.

REIDSVILLE, N.C. -- An armed robber was no match for a 7-year-old girl in Reidsville, North Carolina.

The gunman tried to hold-up the convenience store where little Alisha’s mom was working. (She didn’t want to reveal her last name.)

Alisha rushed to her mom’s defense when the robber pushed her. Alisha shoved him right back.

“I was pushing on him and telling him to ‘back away, back away man.’

“I didn't want him to hurt mommy.”

Stymied by the little girl, the gunman gave up on the cash and stole some cigarettes. Then he ran from the store.

Alisha wasn’t finished with him yet.

“I ran behind him and mommy called the po-po,” the pint-sized crime-fighter said.

Then things got really dangerous. more at link http://www.wsbtv.com/news/13838710/detail.html

Aww WTG Alisha :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Such a brave little girl!!

I am so glad the name of this thread is not: 7 year old girl shot dead by robber as she defended Mom.

I would say to this child. Your life is worth more then a few bucks and some smokes.

Insurance will cover any losses from robbery.

You are 7 a little girl, the man is grown up. He could have taken you put you in his car, and we would be left wondering if you are alive or dead.

For the sake of a few bucks.............

I am so glad that they did not have to cover up her dead bleeding body with her security blanket.

I am so glad the name of this thread is not: 7 year old girl shot dead by robber as she defended Mom.

I would say to this child. Your life is worth more then a few bucks and some smokes.

You are 7 a little girl, the man is grown up. He could have taken you put you in his car, and we would be left wondering if you are alive or dead.

I am so glad that they did not have to cover up her dead bleeding body with her security blanket.

I agree, but she was trying to protect her mom. At first anyway. It wasn't a wise thing to do but this little spitfire deserves some recognition for her bravery.

I agree, but she was trying to protect her mom. At first anyway. It wasn't a wise thing to do but this little spitfire deserves some recognition for her bravery.

I agree White Rain.The only part that I wished she hadn't done was run out of the store after him.I have worked at convience stores in the past and that is one of "what not to do" saftey tips.

Which is so true.The last time I worked at a store my coworker caught these guys stealing beer (16-19 years old) He confronted them.One followed him behind the counter cursing him and calling him racist names.I was pushing the guy telling him to leave the store.He looked me straight in the face as calm as can be he said "don't worry I am not going to hurt you"Then went back to being irate with my coworker.They scuffled.Then the guy started running out of the store.My coworker followed.I was on the phone to the police.A lady came in and said she had heard gunfire (my coworker had helped her change a flat tire 10 minutes before all this happened.)So I was on the phone again with the police.He was shot and killed that night :(

Still I think the little girl was very brave in trying to protect her mom.

Well said. I'm glad she's OK.

That must have been something to see, though! Wow!

Well I hope someone speaks to this child, that this is an isolated event, that thank goodness that she is fine, but it could have turned out much differently.

So thank you for doing what you did, but don't do it again, your life is too precious and you are not an adult.

We really don't want to encourage her in this situation or another situation.

I never even go to convenience stores much less have a child there while working in one. I once knew a woman who was raped while working at one and her friend who also worked at one was abducted, raped, and murdered.

Besides the slang term there I thought her vocabulary for a 7 year old was pretty darn good. I was impressed.

That added to the cute factor of this story. I'm waiting for some news anchor to say it on the 6 o'clock.

Never understood all the slang terms for law enforcement throughout the years...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back