GUILTY OH - Joshua Sweat, 28, shot to death, Steubenville, 29 July 2006

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
link

STEUBENVILLE, Ohio — The father of a murder victim dived across the defense table, swung at his son's killer and tried to choke him in an eastern Ohio courtroom on Monday before a sheriff and other law enforcement officers pulled the two men apart.
Antonio Clifford, 20, of Cincinnati had just pleaded guilty to aggravated murder, aggravated robbery and tampering with evidence in the July 29, 2006, shooting death of Joshua Ryan Sweat, 28, of Weirton, W.Va.
Sweat was trying to buy drugs behind a Steubenville bar when he was robbed and shot once in the back of the head. He died later at University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.
Before sentencing Clifford on Monday, Jefferson County Common Pleas Judge Joseph Bruzzese Jr. allowed Sweat's relatives to stand and read statements.
Mike Sweat, the victim's father, approached Clifford saying he wanted to show him a picture. He then attacked and screamed obscenities at Clifford while police wrestled Sweat to the ground.
Sweat was taken to the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office, where Sheriff Fred Abdalla said he calmed down. Sweat will likely not be charged, Abdalla said.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Admittedly, the man why buying drugs...but he didn't deserve to be robbed and hot from behind. I cannot blame his father for attacking the murderer. Only sad he wasn't able to infilct great bodily harm on this individual.

I can't say I wouldn't do the same if I were the father.

Admittedly, the man why buying drugs...but he didn't deserve to be robbed and hot from behind. I cannot blame his father for attacking the murderer. Only sad he wasn't able to infilct great bodily harm on this individual.
Dear Bakerprune,:blowkiss:
I agree 100% with your post. Thank-you.

Much Love and Respect to you,
dark_shadows

I can't say I wouldn't do the same if I were the father.
Very dear SewingDeb,:blowkiss:
I hope that I do not offend you or anyone else here, but I want to say that I would have snapped his neck instead of choking him.

All of my Love and Respect to you,
dark_shadows

No offense taken, Dark Shadows. I'm glad the father will not likely face charges.

You're such a dear, I can't imagine you snapping a neck but under the right circumstances, I think anyone could be driven to it.

No offense taken, Dark Shadows. I'm glad the father will not likely face charges.

You're such a dear, I can't imagine you snapping a neck but under the right circumstances, I think anyone could be driven to it.
My very dear SewingDeb,:blowkiss: :blowkiss:
Thank-you for not being offended.
"The wrath of a mother" would be a circumstance of what I said. My son means everything to be and I would not think twice about doing what I said if anyone took my son off the earth. Another circumstance would be self preservation.

All of my Love and Respect to you,
dark_shadows

From March 2008:

http://www.theintelligencer.net/pag...-Eight-Years-for-Role-in-Robbery.html?nav=510

Michael J. Snyder, 20, of 725 South St. was sentenced to eight years in prison Monday... after pleading guilty to complicity to aggravated robbery in connection with the July 29, 2006, robbery and shooting death of a Weirton man...

Antonio Clifford... was sentenced by Bruzzese to life in prison without parole eligibility until after 33 years.

Byron T. Johnson... pleaded guilty in December 2006 to single counts of murder, complicity to aggravated robbery and tampering with evidence and was sentenced to 18 years to life in prison.

Patrick Thurman... pleaded guilty in July to complicity to aggravated robbery and tampering with evidence. Thurman is expected to be sentenced later this week to 13 years in prison.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100
Back