NY - Boitumelo McCallum, 20, strangled in NYU faculty apt, 2 Aug 2007

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
link

NEW YORK — Authorities want to question the boyfriend of a professor's daughter whose decomposing body was found wrapped in a sheet in the bedroom of a New York University faculty apartment, an investigator said Tuesday.
Two other tenants of the apartment had reported a foul odor coming from the locked bedroom, police said.
The victim, an NYU faculty member's daughter, was identified as Boitumelo McCallum, 20, said a law enforcement official who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the investigation is still under way.
The body was found Sunday night. The other tenants of the apartment said they last saw her alive Wednesday.
The official said the boyfriend was believed to have been at a party at the apartment Wednesday night. Police believe McCallum, who studied at Mills College in Oakland, Calif., died Thursday.
The cause of death had not been determined. An autopsy done Monday was inconclusive.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

From Fox news reports earlier today I think the ex-boyfriend (or soon to be ex) was the one that killed this poor woman.

I thought it was weird that Fox's headline at the bottom of the tv screen read something like "Beautiful woman found dead in professor's home". Yes, she may have been beautiful, but I think descriptors like that need to be left off! (Sooooo off-topic, but it bothered me.)

If the victim had been a handsome male, would they have said that? lol OK, I'll stop now. :D

From Fox news reports earlier today I think the ex-boyfriend (or soon to be ex) was the one that killed this poor woman.

I thought it was weird that Fox's headline at the bottom of the tv screen read something like "Beautiful woman found dead in professor's home". Yes, she may have been beautiful, but I think descriptors like that need to be left off! (Sooooo off-topic, but it bothered me.)

If the victim had been a handsome male, would they have said that? lol OK, I'll stop now. :D
My dear Taximom,:blowkiss:
You are so right.
Any death of a fellow human is tragic. No death should be greater than another due to the physical appearance, famous status or media coverage of the death. Everyone who has passed, be it natural, disease, accident, war, by the hands of another , ect., is still loved in the hearts of the grieving. There is no scale to the level of grieving based on the appearance , wealth or fame of a person....

All of my Love and Respect to you,
dark_shadows

I knew you would understand my rant, Dark_Shadows! :blowkiss:

It really makes me sad that our young women are being taken away from us by these madmen. Where do they learn that this is ok? How dare they keep doing this over and over again.

It really makes me sad that our young women are being taken away from us by these madmen. Where do they learn that this is ok? How dare they keep doing this over and over again.
My dear Taximom,:blowkiss:
I have always honored and Respected your posts. I am grateful that you spoke the words of your heart. Thank-you.
My deepest Love and Respect to you,
dark_shadows

It does seem to be more common or maybe it's just that we are more aware because we read at a crime board.
In the olden days our parents were just worried that some guy would try to get us in bed. I worry that some guy will murder or date rape my daughter.
How sick is that?

It does seem to be more common or maybe it's just that we are more aware because we read at a crime board.
In the olden days our parents were just worried that some guy would try to get us in bed. I worry that some guy will murder or date rape my daughter.
How sick is that?

Yeah, my parents said "NO VANS OR MOTORCYCLES." That was all they worried about.

I will say that my two sisters and I all had our stalker type guys. One was a policeman! That was scary indeed. I guess this has been going on forever, but the news just gets around more quickly with 24 hr news.

Maybe we need to do background searches and complete psychological testing on prospective dates for our children. No vans, motorcycles or psycho's please.

Man pleads guilty to manslaughter for strangling New York U. teachers' daughter in 2007

Associated Press
Last update: April 7, 2010 - 12:18 PM

NEW YORK - A man has pleaded guilty to manslaughter for the 2007 strangling of his former girlfriend, the daughter of two New York University teachers.

Michael Cordero pleaded guilty Wednesday in exchange for a promise of a 25-year sentence.

more here

http://www.startribune.com/nation/90103447.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam