672 users online (73 members and 599 guests)  

Websleuths News

OH - Donald Francis, 44, shot to death, Cincinnati, 6 Aug 2007

From AJC-Atlanta

CINCINNATI A woman shot and killed a panhandler who asked her for 25 cents, police say.
    "He asked her for a quarter," Police Chief Tom Streicher said. "That's apparently all there was to it."
    Donald Francis, who police believe was homeless, stood outside a gas station late Monday asking people for money. Geraldine Beasley had complained about Francis to someone else, and when he approached her she pulled out a gun and shot him, police said.
    Francis, 44, died at the scene.
    Beasley, 62, was charged with murder and on Wednesday was ordered held in lieu of $500,000 bail, according to court documents. Her attorney, Mass Ionna, told Municipal Court Judge Fanon Rucker that his client has mental issues.
    Beasley's court record dates back 15 years with traffic charges, eviction cases and civil judgments both for and against her. She was fined in 2003 for improperly transporting a loaded gun after officers found one in her van.

Too bad you can't conduct a mental evaluation on someone just because they have extensive traffic tickets. In Georgia, it is not against the law to carry a loaded weapon in your car. That's a loophole that should have been corrected long ago. I have no qualms of someone that has a license to carry a concealed weapon carrying a gun in thier car.

Donald Francis, who police believe was homeless, stood outside a gas station late Monday asking people for money. Geraldine Beasley had complained about Francis to someone else, and when he approached her she pulled out a gun and shot him, police said.

Would this mean he approached her more than once? Now I peronally have been approached at gas stations, grocery store parking lots, at a red light etc...by people asking for change, money for gas because they could not get home (which most times is another town MILES from where they are) and sometimes it will be the same person that just asked me the day before at another parking lot, as if this is how they make their living or for drugs or alcohol or whatever..and it pi$$es me off, but I wouldn't shoot them. I call the police! Wrapping this up I have to hear more about the "poor homeless guy" before making judgement..because I have felt very threatened before when refusing to give them money, some act like you owe them something because of the shape they are in.

That's nuts to shoot him for panhandling.. i too have been approached a lot and if they are bothersome, i just am rude back, then they leave me alone. Most of the time they are pleasant about it. I wonder what other stressers this woman had going on in her life..

Wow, she must of been under lots of stress to be able to do that to someone.!

Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
    Oh, for the love of money! I would have just given him the darn quarter! ::shaking head::

Maybe there's more to the story, but I wouldn't have shot the guy.

I don't care what the story was, she killed him over a measly quarter? How many of us have left more than 25 pennies in the penny containers at various convenient stories or gas stations.

she lost her freedom/life and took someone else's over a quarter.....

shaking my head too.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

From April 2008:

http://www.fox19.com/story/8119967/w...er-murder-case

A woman has been sentenced to nine years in prison after she killed a man who was asking for money.

Geraldine Beasley, 63, pled guilty in February to the murder of Donald Francis.