Shake 'N Bake: Wife's Cremains Found

Well, at least he got them back. Before we could scatter my dad's ashes, my sister's home was broken into and the thieves took his ashes, probably thinking it was something valuable inside the velvet bag with the box inside. Still haven't returned him despite his name and the name of the mortuary being written on the box. :mad:

do you really think that the husband never said what that was. Yeah right, the new wife hauled that crap outside in the yard, while the husband slept, for a yard sale.

Wifey number 2 wanted that stuff gone.

Can't say that I really blame her.

OK here's a story. My father in law died 2 years ago. To make a long story short he was creamated. My husband and I were not told that these were his wishes so, we are sitting at the funeral and my husband leans over to me and says "where is he?". I whispered back " I don't know he's your dad, ask your mom." Well after the service I had taken my grandmother up to the front of the chapel to look at some photo boards that were on display. While there I noticed a little cherry wood box on a table along with framed photos. Well, I picked it up and tried to open it. I was pulling and twisting that lid and it just wouldn't come off. I actually worked at it for a while until my girlfriend came up behind me and said "put that down." I replied "why, I want to see whats in here." She says "it's him." I just couldn't believe it we laughed so hard. On the way out after everything was over the funeral director says to me " couldn't get the lid off could you?" I couldn't believe he stood there and watched me do that. Oh well, my fil would have thought it was funny. :doh:

OK here's a story. My father in law died 2 years ago. To make a long story short he was creamated. My husband and I were not told that these were his wishes so, we are sitting at the funeral and my husband leans over to me and says "where is he?". I whispered back " I don't know he's your dad, ask your mom." Well after the service I had taken my grandmother up to the front of the chapel to look at some photo boards that were on display. While there I noticed a little cherry wood box on a table along with framed photos. Well, I picked it up and tried to open it. I was pulling and twisting that lid and it just wouldn't come off. I actually worked at it for a while until my girlfriend came up behind me and said "put that down." I replied "why, I want to see whats in here." She says "it's him." I just couldn't believe it we laughed so hard. On the way out after everything was over the funeral director says to me " couldn't get the lid off could you?" I couldn't believe he stood there and watched me do that. Oh well, my fil would have thought it was funny. :doh:
That is a funny story and I'm sure your father in law was looking down and laughing.

That is a funny story and I'm sure your father in law was looking down and laughing.

Of THAT I have no doubt! He probably snickers about it every once in a while, still, while sitting around swapping stories with the other guys in Heaven.

He says:
"Well - you think THAT's a good one? Let me tell you about MY funeral!"

When my friends Tom and Lisa got married they combined both of their apartments into a small house. There were several boxes that neither of them had unpacked after about 7 years.

So when they had outgrown the house and were ready to move, Lisa was organizing boxes into two piles. One to move, one to donate. In some cases she was not even peaking into the donate boxes figuring that if in 7 years they had not looked at it, they did not need it.

One box she put in the donate pile kept mysteriously re-appearing in the keep pile. I mean like 8-10 times she moved this box. Finally she had it, she yelled at Tom "what the HE!! is in that box that you need to keep so badly,even if you have not opened it the entire time we are married!"

His reply "My DAD!"

We then opened every box in the donate pile. Just in case...

:laugh:
Just in case... what? You found someone else? :-D

Actually we were thinking well if you had your dad in a box in the closet for 7 years, do you have valuables or something stashed in another one of the boxes. It really was a good thing that we looked because there were some pretty expensive things as well as family heirlooms stashed away!

One item was a letter that was still sealed. It was from Lisa's mother to her, written on her deathbed. She passed away when Lisa was only 8. Her mom wrote the letter and gave it to her dad. He put it in with a bunch of stuff and just passed on the box, never mentioning the letter. Turned out to be one of those Pandora's box type of discoveries. While it was nice to read the good bye letter, lisa's mom was a drunk and it was also filled with some lies and half truths. It was obvious that even if her drinking was causing her death, she was going to drink. It was painfully clear that she was drunk when she wrote it. But she still keeps it to this day because it was from her mother to her.

Well, at least he got them back. Before we could scatter my dad's ashes, my sister's home was broken into and the thieves took his ashes, probably thinking it was something valuable inside the velvet bag with the box inside. Still haven't returned him despite his name and the name of the mortuary being written on the box. :mad:

That's awful. I'm so sorry. I thought my cremation story was something cute. Wow! Cute stories and horror stories. At a memorial service people expect to see a body laid out. My dad's ashes are in this lovely mahogany box with Michael The Arcangel on it. NO FLOWERS was his big thing. So, we had only the few single roses in a vase one each from the grandkids. My nephew was maybe 7 years old and looks at the roses and asks "Is Pop in there?" I just said "Nope". He walks away and comes back and goes "How about that lamp over there. Is he in that lamp?" Went on he was in the light switch till I got up to show him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back