Twin Sisters' Suicide Attempt Thwarted By A Cop

White Rain

Reaction score
CARMEL, Calif. — A suicide attempt by twin sisters mourning the death of a family member and facing eviction was thwarted by a deputy sent to their apartment to serve their eviction notice.
Tamara Nestarenko and Lola Walker, 53, went into a bedroom after the deputy arrived Monday morning and tried to kill themselves with a kitchen knife, authorities said.
The sisters had expected the deputy's arrival, said Monterey County Sheriff's Sgt. Scott Ragan, and asked him for 20 minutes to pack up their belongings.
The deputy checked on the women about five minutes later and found them bleeding but conscious and able to speak.
"It looks like they both cut their own throats but one sister — maybe because it hurt too much — had asked the other sister to help," Ragan said. "It was premeditated. They've been planning to do it, talked about it, but the deputy being there may have given them urgency to get their plan into action."
The sisters told investigators that family members in Colombia had died. Their injuries were not life threatening, authorities said. more at link
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,292579,00.html

Oh, this is so sad. Surely there's help for them somewhere in that big ol' State of CA.

How horribly sad and lonely they must feel! :(

Oh, this is so sad. Surely there's help for them somewhere in that big ol' State of CA.

Taximom I agree with you but with the outrage of "illegals" going on How much do you want to bet that many are saying "to bad they did not succeed."

Not me, But it just seems that any topic lately that implies someone is of Hispanic origin garners comments about "Illegals"

This is sad. I'm assuming they had no other family in the US

Very dear White Rain,:blowkiss:
Thank-you for the thread. I am grateful that the sheriff intervened and saved the lives of Lola and Tamara. He could have abided by the sisters request and waited the full 20 minutes. Instead he checked on them 5 minutes later. I wish that my friends that committed suicide had an intervention. We did not see those suicides coming.

All of my Love and Respect to you,
dark_shadows

Very dear White Rain,:blowkiss:
Thank-you for the thread. I am grateful that the sheriff intervened and saved the lives of Lola and Tamara. He could have abided by the sisters request and waited the full 20 minutes. Instead he checked on them 5 minutes later. I wish that my friends that committed suicide had an intervention. We did not see those suicides coming.

All of my Love and Respect to you,
dark_shadows
I am so sorry about the friends you've lost. :blowkiss:

I am so sorry about the friends you've lost. :blowkiss:
Very dear Squishfield,:blowkiss: :blowkiss:
I really want you to know that the words of your heart mean alot to me.

Thank-you so much.

Much Love and Respect to you,
dark_shadows

How sad. I hope they are offered some assistance so that they don't feel they have any other choice. And I'm so glad that the officer was there to save them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen
Back