Airplane passenger smuggles monkey under his hat into U.S.

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
Airplane Passenger Smuggles Monkey Under His Hat Into U.S.

NEW YORK — A man smuggled a monkey onto an airplane Tuesday, stashing the furry fist-size primate under his hat until passengers spotted it perched on his ponytail, an airline official said.
The monkey escapade began in Lima, Peru, late Monday, when the man boarded a flight to Fort Lauderdale, Fla., said Spirit Airlines spokeswoman Alison Russell. After landing Tuesday morning, the man waited several hours before catching a connecting flight to LaGuardia Airport.
During the flight, people around the man noticed that the marmoset, which normally lives in forests and eats fruit and insects, had emerged from underneath his hat, Russell said.
"Other passengers asked the man if he knew he had a monkey on him," she said.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

:crazy::dance: Have to admit at first I thought this was hilarious. Then I had to thing......what else could be smuggled under a hat onto the plane.

Well Well! My daughter and I just returned from Lima a few weeks ago. How this man managed to smuggle a monkey on the plane is beyond me. We flew Spirit Air (which I do not reccommend) And you can't even take a drink on their planes that you purchased after you went through security. Maybe next time instead of trying to bring on my unopened bottle of water I'll pick up a monkey instead.

At the airport I just flew out of (Tampa), they made ya take off your hats....

I always use a monkey to hold my hat...doesn't everyone?

:crazy::dance: Have to admit at first I thought this was hilarious. Then I had to thing......what else could be smuggled under a hat onto the plane.
It is kinda funny.....I giggled when I read the topic.....he must have been wearing one of those big ol 10 gallon hats to accomodate the monkey:confused:

I can only think of Curious George and the man with the yellow hat. Did they mention the color of his hat?

an_two.gif

You could hide an elephant under that one:p

They make you take off your shoes and jackets to pass through security but not hats?

"Other passengers asked the man if he knew he had a monkey on him," she said.

I don't know why, but I found this part to be HILARIOUS! I wish I had some experience in life where I had the opportunity to ask someone if they knew they had a monkey on them. Would it be like having a bug on you? "Oh, hang on, you've got a monkey in your hair, I'll get it..." and then you swat it away?

Man, sometimes life here in the US is pretty dull.

Was the monkey wearing a diaper? That's crazy.

I can't believe all that I had to go through the last time I flew. They practically took apart the baby stroller and my camcorder! Yet nobody looked in this man's hat?

I feel safe now.

Well, at first glance this story was cute. But what if that monkey was sick?

I've heard of having a monkey on your back, but not on your head!

We had a monkey for 7 yrs he used to go 4 wheeling with us. He would ride on hubbys shoulder, & put his hands around his forehead, hanging on for dear life. We bought a sling for him to ride in but he refused to stay in it. If he got cold he wanted to ride with me & would climb in my jacket to keep warm. He was hilarious & always wore a diaper. We had him for 7 yrs his name was Cheko.

He got mean & we had him put to sleep, we tried putting him into a sanctuary, but no one would take a spoiled monkey who had to have a dilly bar everynight. He had his own room & even had a TV he watched all kid shows & animal kingdom.

I spent hrs a day cleaning his room so it never smelled. Until he was gone I never realized how many hrs a day I spent cleaning up after him. That is where I got the name Cheko.

RIP...... Cheko

Tiny Monkey Dies After Being Smuggled Into NYC Under Owner's Hat

NEW YORK — A small monkey stashed in a man's hat during a flight to New York has died, but federal health authorities don't know why.
The fist-sized tamarin showed no signs of illness during a quarantine period, Federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention spokeswoman Shelly Diaz said Wednesday. The agency had lifted the quarantine and was trying to find the animal a permanent home when it died, she said.

Respectfully,
dark_shadows

let's see.... it probably died because it was taken out of its natural environment, put on a plane full of strange germs, brought abruptly into a place that was not its natural climate, was not getting the food it would normally get, and was in shock at all the strange people handling it? i would like to know where the guy got it, did he buy it from a person on the street?

LOL! My husband sponsors a man who spent 2 years in the fed pen for smuggling exotic bird into the country. In his life, this guy had smuggled drugs, people and birds, but he only got tagged for the birds!

Today, he's cleaned up his act and makes an honest living as a professional gambler!

let's see.... it probably died because it was taken out of its natural environment, put on a plane full of strange germs, brought abruptly into a place that was not its natural climate, was not getting the food it would normally get, and was in shock at all the strange people handling it? i would like to know where the guy got it, did he buy it from a person on the street?

That poor monkey ! :( :(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire